Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - Monday 8th May

3 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Dolan > Diaz

Kaminski > Pears

Brittain > Pickering

Garrett > Travis

Just 4 better options right there...

Agree with the first 2. Which is enough in and of itself to ask the manager what's he thinking. 

why do we keep on playing substandard ez boro keepers when they drop to third choice at our rivals?

Not sure this team has 3 goals in 3 games in it  much less in a half  

Said to my wife today that results would go our way and we would mess it up  

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

There is an astonishing amount of work needed on this squad and if we are just bringing in loans and freebies, it won't be anywhere near enough. 

Wouldn't be getting any hopes up for a play off push next season.

More like relegation. 

3 minutes ago, johnradfordsubbuteo said:

Not many thinking Pickering was an upgrade on Amari Bell now I'll wager.

He certainly was when he first came but he's gone backwards badly since, main problem is the serious lack of pace.

Bell had pace but he was largely crap defensively lets not rewrite history.

• Like 1

I kind of get the playing out from the back thing. But isn't it the case that only about 4 teams in world football are technically good enough to pull it off.

It has the hallmarks of a modern football fad, to be pursued at any cost. And yet with all the analytical tools and time devoted to tactics in the modern elite game presumably JDT could explain why he continues to play that way.

It's a strange one for me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Blatant diver from the look of this game - thrown himself to the floor several times already. 

Yeah he dived before, doesn’t mean he is a bad person 😂 Good job none of our players have ever dived 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, superniko said:

Desperately need an upgrade on Pickering, Travis, Hedges, Diaz and Thomas in that 11 if we’re to have any chance next year. Add in that Kaminski should clearly be in over Pears that’s over half the team, quite a big overhaul. 

We need 3 new starting players in that front 4 (Szmodics keeping his place). Hedges and Dolan provide adequate depth and some realism in your rebuild (i.e. you can't get rid of everyone and we at least know they can play at this level).

If you're getting ambitious you need a new LB and probably a CM to play alongside A. Wharton - but I doubt we have the funds for that. 

Personally I'd have Brittain back in at RB and find a position in that front 4 for JRC - that would solve one problem. 

Just what the hell has happened to travis, nothing like the player that came in and made the place his own from Smallwood, game has completely changed . Seems to think he is some sort of midfield hardman these days. Doesn’t suit him at all. Needs a new team I think

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Blue blood said:

Agree with the first 2. Which is enough in and of itself to ask the manager what's he thinking. 

why do we keep on playing substandard ez boro keepers when they drop to third choice at our rivals?

Not sure this team has 3 goals in 3 games in it  much less in a half  

Said to my wife today that results would go our way and we would mess it up  

Dolans been the scapegoat alot this season...remember his poor marking at Stoke...losing 3-2 

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

He certainly was when he first came but he's gone backwards badly since, main problem is the serious lack of pace.

Bell had pace but he was largely crap defensively lets not rewrite history.

Our back 4 must be the slowest in the league. For a team who allegedly like full backs going forward, in Pickering and JRC they’re almost pedestrian regarding pace. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Just what the hell has happened to travis, nothing like the player that came in and made the place his own from Smallwood, game has completely changed . Seems to think he is some sort of midfield hardman these days. Doesn’t suit him at all. Needs a new team I think

I always blame Travis's development on Mowbray for wanting him to become Bradley Johnson 2.0 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, alcd said:

More like relegation. 

Absolutely not.

We’ll be stronger next season.

But we do need to replace the weak links: Pickering, Travis, Hedges, etc.

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Mowbray was determined to turn him into a Poundland Savage and he succeeded.

Yes, if we're looking to generate funds for a rebuild he'd be on my list of players to move on - he doesn't fit this system, he isn't good enough on the ball.

• Like 3

• Backroom

A lot of current players who need to be shown the door for us to really progress. Too many without any real guts or heart. Sadly we don't seem have the resources for such a clear out. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We need 3 new starting players in that front 4 (Szmodics keeping his place). Hedges and Dolan provide adequate depth and some realism in your rebuild (i.e. you can't get rid of everyone and we at least know they can play at this level).

If you're getting ambitious you need a new LB and probably a CM to play alongside A. Wharton - but I doubt we have the funds for that. 

Personally I'd have Brittain back in at RB and find a position in that front 4 for JRC - that would solve one problem. 

Can’t argue with that much. 
We may see JRC in midfield here now. Could be the feature for next season 

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Mowbray was determined to turn him into a Poundland Savage and he succeeded.

Yes, if we're looking to generate funds for a rebuild he'd be on my list of players to move on - he doesn't fit this system, he isn't good enough on the ball.

i think he`ll surplus to requirements next season

• Like 1

I’m as pathetic as we are, so I’m back.

“Travis off at half time” may as well be an epitaph for his Rovers career. Has wilted under the pressure of the captaincy.

We have to win this half 3-0. When did we last do that?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Travis off…thank god.

I'm glad he's trying JRC elsewhere - he shouldn't be keeping Brittain out of this team at RB. It also provides us with two ballplayers at CM for the first time this season, which is what this formation actually asks for. 

• Like 2