BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

23/24 kit; is a new sponsor needed?

10 minutes ago, Iceman said:

lol not the same. Our only issue every year, is whether the halves are on opposite sides or at least the colors. 

How is it not the same?

Our unique selling point is that our kits are famously reversed blue and white halves.

The away kit should be reversed halves too if the marketing team has anything about them.

• Like 2

It's alright, bit like the last 10,for anyone who doesn't like it, don't worry, there'll be another along shortly. 

Went in the Stanley club shop Tuesday  for a couple of tickets, their new shirt is on sale. It's got a brick wall design on it, Inspired idea whoever thought of it. 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

They have been in the store for at least two weeks now.

Perfect! No sign of them online and haven't been into the store for ages.

Might be a bit far to travel from Cardiff for it so I'll have a word with my brother and see if he will do me a favour.

Cheers

• Like 1

Not my cup of tea on first viewing, but I can see it possibly growing on me once I've got used to the slightly odd collar.

For what it's worth the online store has stock in small to large right now, so I'm not sure what happened earlier - I can at least add a shirt to my cart. Also noticed that if you want to get a player name on the back it's £12, but if you want Rankin Costello its £15, which made me chuckle.

edit- and whoever Ogrady Macken is will run you £13! One whole extra pound over everyone else, must be a good prospect!

Edited by AspRover
  • Like 1

The shirts are designed by someone at Rovers. I seem to recall that the person to designed the kits for the previous two seasons tweeted that they had stepped down from the role and that the news shirts would be designed by someone else. Macron can definitely do reversed halves on the back, as the new Crystal Palace shirt has them, so it must be a case of the designer not implementing them into the design.

It's probably something that needs to be brought up at the fans forum so that it can hopefully be used in next seasons shirts, although the designs may have already been selected as the are chosen a year in advance.

Edited by Gumbi
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gumbi said:

The shirts are designed by someone at rovers. I seem to recall that the person to designed the kits for the previous two seasons tweeted that they had stepped down from the role and that the news shirts would be designed by someone else. Macron can definitely do reversed halves on the back, as the new Crystal Palace shirt has them, so it must be a case of the designer not implementing them into the design.

It's probably something that needs to be brought up at the fans forum so that it can hopefully be used in next seasons shirts, although the designs may have already been selected as the are chosen a year in advance.

Well that person needs to be fired today.

47 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Wow. Two questions from one of the whiners you probably mean.

Why were supporters not informed that kits for children under 7 weren't available today? There were a significant number of fans queuing for them this morning.

Why they are considerably dearer that other clubs?

If you mean specifically kids sizes costing more I'm not sure, but in terms of adult shirts, quite a few prem teams now charge £80 and that isn't for the player version either. As far as I know £55 is pretty much towards the cheaper end for adults now, and it's the same as Bradford City, another Macron team that launched their kit yesterday 

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Which is fine, and we’ve had ‘Cambridge blue’ and white shirts intermittently since as homage  - but don’t just try and shoehorn it in to a royal blue and white one wherever there’s a bit of space.

Is it not also the same blue as in the circle of the badge, which has been there for decades?

I imagine it will ‘feel’ more expensive to a fair few ST holders as they’ve stealthy removed Club Cash from this summer that obviously used to get used by many to get £20 off a shirt…

Edited by Mattyblue

1 minute ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

Is it not also the same blue as in the circle of the badge, which has been there for decades?

There you go then… homage every season!

Ergo collar= superfluous!

Edited by Mattyblue

2 minutes ago, alex l said:

If you mean specifically kids sizes costing more I'm not sure, but in terms of adult shirts, quite a few prem teams now charge £80 and that isn't for the player version either. As far as I know £55 is pretty much towards the cheaper end for adults now, and it's the same as Bradford City, another Macron team that launched their kit yesterday 

It was kids sizes I was referring to, I didn't even check the adult prices. For an Accrington shirt the same size as I bought this morning it is £30, I paid £45. That is an increase of £7 from last season.

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It was kids sizes I was referring to, I didn't even check the adult prices. For an Accrington shirt the same size as I bought this morning it is £30, I paid £45. That is an increase of £7 from last season.

Fully understand your annoyance it's quite an increase. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I imagine it will ‘feel’ more expensive to a fair few ST holders as they’ve stealthy removed Club Cash from this summer that obviously used to get used by many to get £20 off a shirt…

They gave us that £20 in club cash off the early bird ST this season instead, can't possibly have both.

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

£15 more expensive than Stanley the adults shirt this season, with a £5 increase on last season i think.

• Like 1