BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

23/24 kit; is a new sponsor needed?

35 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Worst home shirt for 30 years 

Behave 😁, bit of a shite collar, but it’s fine.

So worse than the Lonsdale crap or that teamwear stuff we had in the early Venky era?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, smiller14 said:

Clickbait nonsense that has predictably been deleted.

The collar will divide opinion, but to suggest it's anything approaching the worst kit of all time is absolute drivel. 

That football community page is for absolute simpletons and you’re right, it’s all absolute clickbait nonsense.

• Like 1

Not a bad shirt design overall, but that V shaped collar does bring it down a bit. A buttoned collar like Sheffield Wednesdays new away kit would've been lovely.

I don't mind the sky blue trim at all as its something we've never had to my knowledge and you're obviously limited with what you can do with the Rovers blue & white halves. They've done a better job of integrating the Totally Wicked logo this time but the sponsor on the women's shirt does suit the design much more overall...primarily because TW's logo seems really small. I think I actually prefer the old days when they used to put the sponsor in a white box.

The Rovers F.C. integration is nice, albeit maybe the opacity needed to be more subtle...? I'm being picky at this point 😅.

Looking forward to seeing the away kit next.

50 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

Clickbait nonsense that has predictably been deleted.

The collar will divide opinion, but to suggest it's anything approaching the worst kit of all time is absolute drivel. 

The Lonsdale ones win that prize…fell apart in wash…stripes dissolved 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

A few points of order on this thread…

Rovers colours are halves, and halves should be the opposite way round on the back.

Bristol Rovers play in blue and white quarters.

Horizontal stripes are called hoops.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, rigger said:

Reminds me of the sign over the gates of the old Blackburn end.

That's exactly what it is. The sign behind Jack's statue was salvaged from the Blackburn End during Ewood's refurbishment in the 90s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doctorryan said:

That's exactly what it is. The sign behind Jack's statue was salvaged from the Blackburn End during Ewood's refurbishment in the 90s.

Who'd a thewt it.

Edited by rigger

I must admit to really liking the Rovers FC aspect to it, especially recreating the typeface - totally speaks to our heritage as THE Rovers in a much more meaningful way than some 19th-century public school fad. Any no other club could or would use it.

Do any of our senior posters remember that stone being put into the Blackburn End turnstile wall? It was certainly there when I started going in the mid-60s.

• Like 1

Quarters

Eighths.

Old times. Tailoring.

I know I'm right.

The blue in the collar simply does not work with the darker blue. 

The sponsor destroys what is otherwise an ok kit.

Coulors should be reversed on the back but that's the designer knowing fuck all about our history.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sjsbrfc said:

I’m not sure it’s been mentioned. But the colour of the collar is the colour of the blue on the original shirts in the 1880’s

Didn't know that,a nice touch that I'm assuming has been missed by many of those complaining. 

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, M_B said:

It is if you're complaining about it, I would have thought that was obvious,even to you. 

So you either like it or you are complaining?

I don’t care either way, I wouldn’t have bought it so I either like it or would get used to it after a week or so.

For me this is the latter, pretty inoffensive overall but a bit naff with the weird collar and woeful sponsor  

Not everyone can be unilaterally positive no matter what the club does, it’s ultimately unimportant but fine not to be impressed 

• Like 4