BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

Given the line up beer bottles they necked with their full English, I would imagine they would have to look at their shirts to recall which club they support.

Leeds reported to be in negotiations with Scott Parker.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, philipl said:

Presumably he's still being paid off by the last two clubs that have sacked him in the last 12 months as well.

Must be amazing being a football manager - especially an unsuccessful one. You get a massive payout and then people keep hiring you.

• Like 5

So it's now 7 years since Warnock was courted and then overlooked by us for the managers job and we sealed relegation by bringing in Coyle.

Since then he's taken Cardiff to the PL and also managed Middlesbrough and Huddersfield pulling off survival jobs with both.

There were folk back in 2016 saying he wasn't suitable for us because he only had a year left in him before he retired and we needed a 'longer term' manager...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Presumably he's still being paid off by the last two clubs that have sacked him in the last 12 months as well.

Must be amazing being a football manager - especially an unsuccessful one. You get a massive payout and then people keep hiring you.

Parker has a good track record in getting teams promoted from the Championship to the Premier League.

• Like 1

No longer Championship but I see Wigan have once again been saved and bought out by new owners

Thought it was a mistake at first as I keep being told there are no buyers for such clubs and for that reason we are stuck with Venkys forevermore.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

No longer Championship but I see Wigan have once again been saved and bought out by new owners

Thought it was a mistake at first as I keep being told there are no buyers for such clubs and for that reason we are stuck with Venkys forevermore.

Yes interest background their new owner has. Data background. 

9 hours ago, philipl said:

2 promotions on his CV and he knows how to get out of this league. Can understand why they want him

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

He's bought the club and all their assets (the stadium [which is what he covets as the owner of Wigan Warriors] and their training ground) for the outstanding £5m wages the EFL demanded.

He's a businessman, it was literally a no-brainer - the stadium alone is worth 3 times that. 

I'd love someone to buy us, but we're £2-300m in the red, it's a much tougher sell unless the owners take that debt with them. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover

18 hours ago, JHRover said:

So it's now 7 years since Warnock was courted and then overlooked by us for the managers job and we sealed relegation by bringing in Coyle.

Since then he's taken Cardiff to the PL and also managed Middlesbrough and Huddersfield pulling off survival jobs with both.

There were folk back in 2016 saying he wasn't suitable for us because he only had a year left in him before he retired and we needed a 'longer term' manager...

They didn’t want Colin’s back to basics football style either The same sort who were also happy to see Sam sacked. They never learn 

• Like 4

Championship clubs “living beyond their means” according to a Deloitte’s report. The average wage / revenue of clubs is 108 per cent, having risen for 5 years in a row, with most clubs increasing loans in an “unsustainable manner” as they gamble on promotion to the riches if the Premier League 

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Championship clubs “living beyond their means” according to a Deloitte’s report. The average wage / revenue of clubs is 108 per cent, having risen for 5 years in a row, with most clubs increasing loans in an “unsustainable manner” as they gamble on promotion to the riches if the Premier League 

Rovers' salary bill represented 146% of our turnover in 21/22. 

No other businesses would ever operate like that.

Looks like Leicester City will Enzo Maresca as their new head coach/manager shortly. 

Looks like 3 horse race for the Leeds head coach between Scott Parker, Daniel Farke and Carlos Corberan. They have today appointed Nicky Hammond as interim Director of Football

Chaos at QPR. Les Ferdinand has resigned as DoF following discussions with Ainsworth about transfer targets. Seems they had very different ideas on a way forwards. 

Fully expecting Qpr to raid Wycombe for Ainsworths ex players now and be odds om for relegation. I thought he'd be a disaster when people wanted him appointmented here and thought he'd be a disaster for Qpr. 

They were on a slow upwards trajectory for some time, until Michael Beale jumped ship last season. All feels like panicked reactions now.

5 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Chaos at QPR. Les Ferdinand has resigned as DoF following discussions with Ainsworth about transfer targets. Seems they had very different ideas on a way forwards. 

Fully expecting Qpr to raid Wycombe for Ainsworths ex players now and be odds om for relegation. I thought he'd be a disaster when people wanted him appointmented here and thought he'd be a disaster for Qpr. 

They were on a slow upwards trajectory for some time, until Michael Beale jumped ship last season. All feels like panicked reactions now.

Ferdinand has been there since 2015 and theyve never finished higher than 9th so probably time to get rid and try somebody new as DoF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

Ferdinand has been there since 2015 and theyve never finished higher than 9th so probably time to get rid and try somebody new as DoF

my view on it as well. he's been there ages and they've done absolutely bugger all in that time. may as well give ainsworth the chance to do a proper refresh. proof will be in the pudding.