BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Well done City on beating the Rags but from a neutral(ish) point of view the game was a bit of a damp squib. So many high quality players who just didn't do it today for City but for them picking up the cup was all that mattered.

• Like 1

The better team won.

I wanted United to win because I'm a bit bored of seeing City paste the domestic competitions. I hated United in the 90s, but we're in a different era, and I find City so sterile and soulless. I've also worked with a number of their fans during my days in Manchester, and they are miserable buggers, all of them. So much so that the United fans I worked with were far more joyful. And this is during City's rise to dominance!

Having said that, I'd like City to beat Inter on Saturday. National loyalties come into play for that one.

• Like 1

City were terrible by City standards.

Still a level or two better than Manure even so.

And seeing miserable United fans is a good day whenever it happens.

Sorry but going head to head with Man U in the 90s does that to you...

• Like 6

It's the swaggering arrogance of Manure over many decades that gets me. I've seen City almost always in their shadow. So I'm glad they won.

I think City have a superb player in every position. The odd one out to me is Grealish. He doesn't fit their style. He should be at another club.

• Like 2

As good a footballing side as Man City are they just leave me absolutely cold.ย There is nothing natural about them they are just a Frankenstein's Monster of a club whose success stems from the money of one man who has been to watch them once throughout the entire duration of his ownership. At least when the likes United & Liverpool were successful you could dislike them, with City I just feel a complete apathy towards them with the occasional thanks that they have stopped a mass Liverpool love in within the media.

When they got handed the league title the other week we had the surreal experience of watching the Chief Executive of the Premier League handing out the title and medals to City whilst he is Chief Executive of the organisationย who allege 115 counts of rule-breaking against City.ย It's a shame really to see Guardiola wasting his talents on such a plastic project.

ย 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bazza said:

It's the swaggering arrogance of Manure over many decades that gets me. I've seen City almost always in their shadow. So I'm glad they won.

I think City have a superb player in every position. The odd one out to me is Grealish. He doesn't fit their style. He should be at another club.

The one that truly annoys me is the we inflated prices and bought the league. 7m Fergus spunked in vain effort to beat us, hell his team even cost more than ours to assemble. Fergie etc moan cause another club came along and more than matched them, both on the pitch and with transfers. Glorious days ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ‰

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

As good a footballing side as Man City are they just leave me absolutely cold.ย There is nothing natural about them they are just a Frankenstein's Monster of a club whose success stems from the money of one man who has been to watch them once throughout the entire duration of his ownership. At least when the likes United & Liverpool were successful you could dislike them, with City I just feel a complete apathy towards them with the occasional thanks that they have stopped a mass Liverpool love in within the media.

When they got handed the league title the other week we had the surreal experience of watching the Chief Executive of the Premier League handing out the title and medals to City whilst he is Chief Executive of the organisationย who allege 115 counts of rule-breaking against City.ย It's a shame really to see Guardiola wasting his talents on such a plastic project.

ย 

Both teams cost about the same to assemble, only one looked like an awkward disjoined monster yesterday and it wasn't city. For the money spent on that Utd. team they really are looking at a ground up rebuild to get anywhere near a serious title push next season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blow-in said:

Both teams cost about the same to assemble, only one looked like an awkward disjoined monster yesterday and it wasn't city. For the money spent on that Utd. team they really are looking at a ground up rebuild to get anywhere near a serious title push next season.

Whether you like United or not there is no arguing that they made their financial might through their own success. City got their money because the deputy Prime Minister of the UAE wanted something to promote his country to a global audience which the Premier League has. There are 115 charges hanging over them as to whether it was all done within the league rules. And Uefa & CAS have found them to haveย contravened FFP regulations.ย 

I can never tire of seeing United lose games, especially cup finals. They have made some improvements under Ten Hag, but still look to be a long way away from being a real title contender.

The crazy thing for them is, it's not due to a lack of funds. They have plenty available to spend and have spent shedloads in the post Fergie years. Sancho and Antony cost, what, a combined ยฃ150m? Pfft. Apart from Rashford, their attacking options aren't good enough, imo.

Their recruitment team doesn't fancy taking a few classes at the Balaji Rao School of Transfer Business, does it?

It's a strange one with City for me. I neither like them or dislike them, but I'm glad they are standing in the way of United and Liverpool winning things. Particularly the former.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I can never tire of seeing United lose games, especially cup finals. They have made some improvements under Ten Hag, but still look to be a long way away from being a real title contender.

The crazy thing for them is, it's not due to a lack of funds. They have plenty available to spend and have spent shedloads in the post Fergie years. Sancho and Antony cost, what, a combined ยฃ150m? Pfft. Apart from Rashford, their attacking options aren't good enough, imo.

Their recruitment team doesn't fancy taking a few classes at the Balaji Rao School of Transfer Business, does it?

It's a strange one with City for me. I neither like them or dislike them, but I'm glad they are standing in the way of United and Liverpool winning things. Particularly the former.

80 million quid for harry mcguire,that says it all๐Ÿคฃ

when he played for sheff utd at ewood i remember thinking this centre back is a bit of plodder,how the hell he managed to become england captain is somewhat baffling

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

80 million quid for harry mcguire,that says it all๐Ÿคฃ

when he played for sheff utd at ewood i remember thinking this centre back is a bit of plodder,how the hell he managed to become england captain is somewhat baffling

Leicester must have been laughing all the way to the bank. They could have got him cheaper a year or so earlier, but decided to wait and paid a higher fee for him instead. Maybe they have been to that transfer school after all.

Sums up their crazy approach to transfers in recent years. The amount of money they waste and the wages they pay average players is frightening. That's their problem though. Carry on sweeping up, Pep.

I found myself for the first time ever wanting Man Utd to win a game... Its just so depressing how City have the best of everything by a mile - best striker, playmaker, defender, whole starting XI, manager and bench. Looking back to Chelsea 10-15 years ago I got frustrated that that they would sign the best players from mid table clubs and bench them. Its got to the point where this City side bench would all be guaranteed starters for other top four sides. Its daft.

Its been getting worse and worse over the years, but where we are is the most ridiculous point of a single clubs dominance.

That said - to be fair - City haven't actually spent that much more than Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd I think? Just that those clubs have wasted an unbelievable amount of cash.ย 

Anyway I'm bored of City and Pep and want this era to move on. And I suppose one thing utd fans will be able to say is that Fergie managed (somehow) to win things with absolute plodders like John O'Shea, Djemba-Djemba, Cleverly which always impressed me. Peps record is "manage the biggest club, sign all the absolute best players, be the tactical best" and hes brilliant at it. But very very dull.

• Like 1

I'm hoping that city will dominate for years to come, win back to back trebles and just bore all of the plastic tv watchers from far away lands to death.

The sooner the interest in the game from fake fairweather fans abroad dissapears, and takes all of the tv money with it the better.

The reality is that city are highly likely to win the treble this year and its not even really that impressive.ย 

Oh and the nerve of people to say that city have just bought their success, as though the red scum didn't sign every good player they could just to prevent any other team from having them.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 4

Confess I went to this as got a ticket at face value on Friday, city always been my second team, rovers were in Div 3 1975 when i started going so always supported city especially as older brother a rag, was at 1976 league cup final...1989 day of hillsborough and simon garner record was rovers all the way and always am when they meet

City were a bit below par ( KDB, Grealish, Dias and Rodri not played for 4 games)

Will be better next week for the game I hope

But FA Cup final crossed off the bucket list (shame not rovers) and a Manchester Derby made it more special

Some things never change Utd fans were not a pleasant bunch but could hardly hear them

ย 

PS City's net spend last 5 years places them 5th, Utd & Liverpool always bought, everyone does to be successful, even us in 94/5

• Like 2