BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (H) - 19/08/2023

Just now, Cuppliance said:

Not at the game as I’m under the weather today. What formation are we running following the red card? Same as before minus Dolan and Britain in Pickering’s position?

Szmodics has replaced Dolan at LW - so it's 4-2-2-1 (Hedges wide right, Szmodics wide left, Leonard up top).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

This is where having some pace would come in really handy.

Having none at all, makes life even more difficult.

No pace or threat. Every time we get the ball in their box, it gets passed to someone in a worse position. Then we lose it. I imagine that’s pretty easy to defend.

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

This is where having some pace would come in really handy.

Having none at all, makes life even more difficult.

I remember being down to 10  in a prem game.  May have been against Boro.

We had Bellamy - who still ran them ragged and scored the winner for us that day. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

Feel sorry for the fans at Ewood so far. An early Rovers sending off and getting dominated by Hull (before and after Pickering went off). Hoping for JDT to pull off a second half miracle. Only positive is that we haven't conceded yet. 

For anyone thinking Leonard is enough to lead the line, last week and this week show why that simply isn't the case. The lad isn't ready for the first team week in week out. At 19 there's no shame in that, the shame is on the club for forcing things to be this way through unfit signings or just no signings at all. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 5

Just now, ItsRoverZ said:

JRC for tronstad and Ennis for Leonard at half time please, Leonard just isn't doing it today, first touch poor etc  We need Ennis who holds the ball up well and has a bit of pace about him

JRC for Travis usually works.

• Backroom

A lot of fans around me saying we don’t miss Pickering. I disagree, we replaced him with Brittain. It’s Dolan we don’t miss (aside from having the extra body on the pitch).

Think Gally or Ennis need to come on for more presence up top, Leonard’s only made a couple of good runs imo.

• Like 3

Just now, DE. said:

Feel sorry for the fans at Ewood so far. An early Rovers sending off and getting dominated by Hull (before and after Pickering went off). Hoping for JDT to pull off a second half miracle. Only positive is that we haven't conceded yet. 

For anyone thinking Leonard is enough to lead the line, last week and this week show why that simply isn't the case. The lad isn't simply ready for the first team week in week out. At 19 there's no shame in that, the shame is on the club for forcing things to be this way through unfit signings or just no signings at all. 

I'd like to see him with some actual service before writing him off. 

He's clearly very athletic, technically sound and works his socks off. Unfortunately he's 5'10" / 5'11" so isn't going to win many aerial duels and he's not got electric pace. He'll cause teams problems with his movement, but nobody is finding him (Wharton did, but he fired in the pass).

Just now, ItsRoverZ said:

JRC for tronstad and Ennis for Leonard at half time please, Leonard just isn't doing it today, first touch poor etc  We need Ennis who holds the ball up well and has a bit of pace about him

Who's playing RB? I'd also bet that Leonard is quicker than Ennis.