BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 27/8/23

Wow, what a win that was! A lot of positives to take from that.

• Hedges goal was a touch of class.
  • Pears played really well.
  • The substitutions were made at the right time. Gally in particular had a good impact.
  • Defensively solid.
  • Travis putting in a big shift.
  • Scott Wharton came on and we didn't concede in stoppage time 😂.

Something to build on ahead of a tough trip to Plymouth. Let's hope by then that we have some more new players through the door. Amazing what a difference a win makes 😅.

• Like 9

Great result

defence we’re epic to a man. 

I have been big critics of pears and hedges but they both had great games today

still red flags over the performance would be my only Debbie downer comment, if we play like that we lose 9/10. But we will take it and hopefully add some quality to the squad this week to make it less smash n grabby 

• Like 1

Firstly, Leonard and Dolan shouldn't be in the first team.

Fantastic goal from Hedges, we needed someone to step up and he did.

Pears did well. Travis played very well. Hyam was Colin Hendry levels of brilliant.

I thought Gallagher did very well by his standards. Cock up at the end which shows he's still capable, but he was jumping higher than I've ever seen, winning balls and contributed.

When he came on Scott Wharton looked solid so hopefully he's back to his old self.

A much needed 3 points after the Hull game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

Thought Moran and Gally looked good when they came on.

Didn't think Moran did much except stuff up a good chance. But Gally does bring something to the side, at least he competes, runs the channels etc. We had nothing upfront for most of the game till he came on.

1 minute ago, booth said:

Firstly, Leonard and Dolan shouldn't be in the first team.

Fantastic goal from Hedges, we needed someone to step up and he did.

Pears did well. Travis played very well. Hyam was Colin Hendry levels of brilliant.

I thought Gallagher did very well by his standards. Cock up at the end which shows he's still capable, but he was jumping higher than I've ever seen, winning balls and contributed.

When he came on Scott Wharton looked solid so hopefully he's back to his old self.

A much needed 3 points after the Hull game.

Yeap both not good enough. Leonard shows glimpses and has a nice touch but he’s definitely not ready yet.

Dolan is low on confidence and I feel has just lost his position to Moran.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 47er said:

Didn't think Moran did much except stuff up a good chance. But Gally does bring something to the side, at least he competes, runs the channels etc. We had nothing upfront for most of the game till he came on.

Agreed Moran didn’t do much, but what he did he did well.

Showed more in that cameo than Dolan has in several games so far this season.

And agreed on Gally. Honestly think he could score 15 if he’s a regular this season. But we still need another body up there, obviously.

• Like 4

Fantastic win!

To a man we worked like trojans.

Delighted for Hedges. Hopefully that does his confidence the world of good. Good footballer, poor end product normally but not today. 

Gally shuts the know-nowts up again. Always good to see. 

Thought Moran looked good.

Back four were excellent, Pears did well.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

I don't think he gave the ball away when he came on. Clearly a tidy player and a massive step up from Dolan. He's decently athletic too, which is what I was mainly worried about.