BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 27/8/23

1 minute ago, Butty said:

Scary thought imagining what JDT could do if he was properly backed. You can’t top a 1-0 away win 👍🏻

Must admit I've had my doubts about him since he arrived, especially after some of those heavy defeats last season....but he's won me over for sure. It helps that he's not a miserable old git like the previous manager 😂.

I've no doubt that he'll go on to be a top coach at a club that backs him...just hopefully not anytime soon.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, booth said:

Firstly, Leonard and Dolan shouldn't be in the first team.

Fantastic goal from Hedges, we needed someone to step up and he did.

Pears did well. Travis played very well. Hyam was Colin Hendry levels of brilliant.

I thought Gallagher did very well by his standards. Cock up at the end which shows he's still capable, but he was jumping higher than I've ever seen, winning balls and contributed.

When he came on Scott Wharton looked solid so hopefully he's back to his old self.

A much needed 3 points after the Hull game.

I'd like to see Leonard loaned out to a L1 team. There's a very good player in there, but I'd rather he learned on the job elsewhere and for us to bring in a #9.

• Like 7

Brittain was excellent as well , upgrade on Pickering despite playing on the wrong side. 
Carter and hyam didn’t put a foot wrong. Rankin Costello seems a bit subdued but solid enough 

One of the poorer games for Adam wharton but still oozes class , need to mop up a bit of complacency at times 

Sammy worked hard with what little he had

as I said at the start of the season, Dolan and Leonard not good enough at this time 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Smash and grab mugging by a quite brilliant piece of skill by Hedges with good defending where Hyam and Pears were outstanding.

All the players put the effort in.

Smash and grab implies that we were second best - I don't think they troubled us. A worldie of a strike hit the crossbar and Pears made a good save. Otherwise did they really threaten our goal? 

• Like 1

Fabulous result, though in truth after quite an even first half Watford were well on top second half. A moment of Messi/Maradona/Ronaldinho magic from hedges and some brilliant defending got the result.

Im very happy with our team except CF and wide left. Hopefully Sigurdsson is the real deal on the left. If we can just find that central striker....

• Like 2

Quick summary

Bad performances: Dolan way off it, JRC not good enough.

Mixed: wharton and travis. Wharton is 50 percent brilliance and 50 percent sloppyiness. Travis is not good enough on the ball. 

Good: Brittain, Carter, Hyam and Pears all solid. Moran Gallagher and Hedges all good towards the end.

I really must say Dolan is horrible.