BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 27/8/23

9 minutes ago, M_B said:

He probably does, but we surely just don't have the numbers. 

We do if we bring in a #9. New player, Ennis and Gallagher for one position is more than enough - I don't want him buried during this pivotal development period just in case we might need him. 

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

after shutting out a decent watford,there is no reason we can`t take 3 points next week,set up the same way,plymouth don`t have the quality watford have though they no doubt play more direct

I am not saying we can't win at Plymouth. What I am saying is that we only need a draw, to be back on track, because we have won today .

• Like 1

Throwing lads in too soon too often at a high level whilst helping them get used to the rough and tumble it can often stunt their actual development.

I think that might end up being an issue with Leonard and i think to a certain extent we saw it last season with Vale.  Such a difficult position to learn the ropes in as often starved of any touches and opposition most experienced players are often centre defenders.

Far better to be eased in and out and brought on as impact subs and so on.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

BTW with Dolan - is it just me or has he bulked up a lot and while physically stronger seems to have lost a lot of the nimbleness that was his main asset?

He looks like he's just hit puberty late.

Or he's on steroids, he looks strange/unnatural 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Throwing lads in too soon too often at a high level whilst helping them get used to the rough and tumble it can often stunt their actual development.

I think that might end up being an issue with Leonard and i think to a certain extent we saw it last season with Vale.  Such a difficult position to learn the ropes in as often starved of any touches and opposition most experienced players are often centre defenders.

Exactly. Not only is he being thrown in the deep end but he's been thrown in, in an area of the pitch where he isn't surrounded by experienced pros to guide him through. Its a thankless task and he's being set up to fail.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Vale would have helped his cause by breaking a sweat every now and again. 

• Like 5

Definitely a smash and grab. Dolan (I'm a fan) had a very poor game and needs to step his game up. He's capable of much more, despite what some fans claim. Pears (I'm not really a fan) did well today, good stop near the end.

Travis and Wharton both looked off the pace second half. Travis looked tired, Wharton's usual clinical, rapid reading of the game often deserted him and landed him in trouble at times. Hedges was fairly anonymous but scored a terrific goal that will be in our goal of the season competition. Gally can be frustrating but he definitely injected energy and impetus that we were lacking at that time. Unlucky not to get an assist in the buildup to the goal. Don't think Szmodics was quite at it at times either, not that he was poor, just that he can be better and on another day puts that chance away.

Today I think the players I tend to prefer underperformed a bit, and ones I'm less keen on came through for us.

Don't think we were value for any more than a point, but those are the games you need to win to compete. Points are all that matter.

• Like 2

Excellent win today and never go against this team, They stood up and be counted today. 

Hedges scored a very good goal. We could have more if we played better final passes or Szmodics put his shot in the corner. 

Pears had a very good game and defence stood tall and defended very well. 

Now need 3 signings now this week

• Like 2