BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 27/8/23

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Fans always take to players who are obviously putting in 100% effort, even if they aren’t always the most skilful.

That doesn't seem to apply to Dolan who never stops running or attempting to harry the opposition - most on here can't seem to stand him.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 47er said:

He does have a habit of giving the ball away in dangerous positions. Obviously did v Hull and did it again yesterday. Looked up and passed it right into trouble.

Clearly doesn't let it affect him but it affects me!

Me too!

To be fair, he said his head was "gone" after hist first half at Rotherham, but I think his second half performance showed real courage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sabino said:

I know, but is there a reason for the salute?

Armstrong angel of the North I could get.

I see what you mean. No idea why, perhaps there is some connection to the armed forces in his family, or some other meaning.

It remind me a bit of what Patrick McNee’s character did the the avengers. 

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That doesn't seem to apply to Dolan who never stops running or attempting to harry the opposition - most on here can't seem to stand him.

He does seem to be making a rod for his own back.

I agree that he has his limitations, but effort and enthusiasm, can make up for that.

Some of the recent petulance though and his reluctance to sign his new deal, leaves me thinking, he believes he is better than he is.

Perhaps he needs to take stock and have a reality check.

He was rejected by PNE and Rovers rescued him, so is it time for him to repay some of that faith shown in him, back. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Watford Away....A treat for some of our older supporters!

Weird seeing our lot sing YNWA! It seems nearly every club sung it back then. 

I know a few names from that era but never seen them play. I liked our LW. 

edit: my old man goes on about Tony Field (and Waggy). That was a sublime chip by Field. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Or Gallagher as I mentioned on the last page 😉

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Same with Travis who also has regular spells of poor form but like the beginning of last season is turning in captains performances again.

So so important clubs like us get off to decent starts and get some points under the belt before lack of depth starts biting us mid winter.

He's a massive part of that and over a season Dolan has always been a big contributor but at the moment he's in another indifferent spell.

Key to it for me is how they are managed.

28 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Watford Away....A treat for some of our older supporters!

Brings back memories!

Sir Roger saves penalty, Barry Endean (ex WFC) & Tony Field score under Rovers manager Ken Furphy. Most players donning those long sideburns, fashion back in the day. Good vocal support from Rovers fans on 26th minute & it wasn't "no ney never" either.

Edited by Cherry Blue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rover8T4 said:

Gally: After scoring early this season, Just becoming a father, Refreshing performances to see from him so far. Held the ball up when required looked to run channels from central position and a big part of Hedges goal. How many headers did he win yesterday from a central role 

He hasn't the skill to be a top striker but he's whole-hearted and always works his socks off.

He's the best man to play central striker we have, the only one with any sort of physicality, and we should stop experimenting till or unless we sigh someone better. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Weird seeing our lot sing YNWA! It seems nearly every club sung it back then. 

I know a few names from that era but never seen them play. I liked our LW. 

edit: my old man goes on about Tony Field (and Waggy). That was a sublime chip by Field. 

Both great players in that era.

One chant your Dad will remember. Tony Field, superstar, how many goals have you scored so far? 

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Get in.

Tad fortunate but we were fantastic defensively and put blood sweat and tears into that. The stats will also make it look a massacre, but Martins must have had half of their shots from 25 yards+!

Couple of decent signings this week and we can look forward to a positive season.

Is it difficult typing with your fingers crossed, @Gavlar Somerset Rover! ? 😉

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Brings back memories!

Sir Roger saves penalty, Barry Endean (ex WFC) & Tony Field score under Rovers manager Ken Furphy. Most players donning those long sideburns, fashion back in the day. Good vocal support from Rovers fans on 26th minute & it wasn't "no ney never" either.

I don't remember Burnley being the focus of dislike at that time. For me it was more Bolton.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, den said:

.... .... .... ....

When you’re trying to make judgements on a player, watch him away from home. Today showed up Leonard’s frailties. He has a lot to work on. Dolan, well did he ever find another team mate when he was on? I was also just saying to my son how Hedges does a lot of running with the ball but rarely creates or scoresWithin minutes, guess what happened!

.... .... .... ....

No; go on @den; tell me again. I can't hear it often enough!!

These were a fabulous three points.

When, at the start of the season, you look at the fixture list, Watford (A) was the sort of game which you think that, because of their links across Europe and the churn they have in managers, we'll have done well if we can come home with a point.

And here we - you lucky faithful ones - are, bringing home 3 points.

COYB!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Gav said:

Did anyone see the Sammy Szmodics flag as Watford, I've not seen it myself, if anyone has a photo to share that would be great.

The lad is firmly a fan favourite, a superb buy by the team.

You can see why there were those videos a year or so ago of Peterborough United's fans singing that they didn't want him to go.

• Like 1