BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (a) - 2/9/23

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

Exactly. I know emotions run high during and just after a game, and rightly so.

But let's get a grip, a two week break now, hopefully seeing some behind closed doors games to get the likes of the new lad up front, Sigurdsson and Ennis up to speed and JRC back 

Things aren't as bad as they seem right now after that.

People will pelt me for this. I still come away from today with positives - That wouldn’t have happened last season.

We concede to a deflected shot. Then our League 1 keeper shows his true colours.

Hedges scores his sitter and we probably win that game.

Annoyed but im not fuming. The same probably can’t be said to those who have travelled down.

• Like 4

Just now, Miller11 said:

What a load of rubbish. He isn’t tasked with charging around the pitch like a lunatic, his job is to sit deep, pick the ball up off the centre backs and play the ball. The players in front of him were dire today.

Bingo - I read comments like that and realise it's time to take the dog for a walk. People's emotions are running high and they're just spouting all sorts.

• Like 2

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Again, I thought we defended very well today - a fluke deflected shot and two goalkeeping howlers. Not a great deal you can do about that as a defender - that's football. 

For the second goal the defending was poor, and for the third it was amateur hour. Pears may be public enemy number 1 but our centre backs didn't help matters. What was S Wharton doing with that header?

7 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Everyone take a breath. Last Sunday we put in a really gritty, excellent away performance vs Watford. Sounds like we could and should have been 2 up today before an extremely unlucky deflected goal.  Missed some great chances and the game got away from us in the end.

It happens... and it happened last season. 

The next two weeks is crucial for our season with a big game against a really struggling Boro. 

Or it could be like I said last week, we got absolutely battered by Watford but rode our luck.

Worrying times, I doubt JDT signed up for this garbage.

11 minutes ago, booth said:

He was poor today and looked disinterested. For a guy apparently disgruntled at not playing last season, he didn't take his chance. But let's be fair, Travis was worse in the first half and Hedges was absolutely abysmal and missed a sitter. Perhaps a different game if Hedges is switched on.

Doesn't have to now Buckley and Morton are out of the picture. He is guaranteed games. He can do what he pleases and still get picked 

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

What a load of rubbish. He isn’t tasked with charging around the pitch like a lunatic, his job is to sit deep, pick the ball up off the centre backs and play the ball. The players in front of him were dire today.

Well given he spent the entire match hitting bad passes, giving the ball away and being pushed off the ball I would say he was shit

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

People will pelt me for this. I still come away from today with positives - That wouldn’t have happened last season.

We concede to a deflected shot. Then our League 1 keeper shows his true colours.

Annoyed but im not fuming. The same probably can’t be said to those who have travelled down.

The amount of goals we're conceding should be concerning everybody, even more so with Hyam likely out for a spell. If we can't keep clean sheets we are in massive trouble, as we have very few goals in the team 

• Like 2

You usually get what you deserve, which is somewhat true given we didn't take our chances. They need to learn these lessons now, Hedges needs to sort his head out in those situations, that is a clear representation of why he isn't a premier league player. As much as the scoreline doesn't show it, there are positives, that's a game they should have won and it's their own fault they didn't. Regroup, get the new lads up to speed and go again fresh. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't think that's fair - it's probably more that he's not the guy to bring on when you're chasing a game. He doesn't have the legs that Garrett does. 

Well if he's not considered good enough to start and isn't the player to bring on if chasing a game. He's a bit of a pointless signing. 

Yes - I  know its early days. 

Stull fuming from the performance. 

I'm curious to see what they do with Leonard moving forward - he'll be buried behind the new lad, Ennis and Gallagher at ST. Amazed they didn't get him a loan. He needs game time - in his 20 or so minutes today he proved to be a much better footballer than Gallagher (again), but he fluffed his chance.

Edited by Exiled_Rover

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I agree but our keeper gifted them 2! And their first was pure luck.

All goals are avoidable, letting in three against Plymouth and Walsall, two against Rotherham, two against Hull... It can't keep on like this. Watford could have scored a hatful too if they had anyone decent in attack. 

GD is already -2 and we haven't really played any top teams yet. I'm worried personally. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 2

Just now, superniko said:

He said we would have beaten them 4 times over. Think that translates to batter them myself 

So he didn't say we battered them. He said we would have.

I don't know if you watched it, but if we'd taken our early chances we would have. The finishing was worse than Pears performance. Hedges miss was infuriatingly bad.

Easy to forget that we were by far the better team till their goal.

• Like 1

Too many senior players who are L1 standard in that squad. Hedges,Szmodics, Dolan, Pears, Pickering S Wharton, Gallagher. Plus young kids and Adam performing like a L2 man today. Long winter ahead! Apart from that we are play off certs! I would love them all to prove otherwise btw

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

The Plymouth commentary couldn't believe their luck and were really complimentary to be fair. It must be so deflating for the team to play so well early on, but miss 2 great chances, 1 a sitter. 

In amongst the calamaties, there was some good stuff. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Or it could be like I said last week, we got absolutely battered by Watford but rode our luck.

Worrying times, I doubt JDT signed up for this garbage.

He certainly didn't. He's already admitted "the project has changed". Whose responsible for that I wonder? 

I read today that we were 20th in the league for transfer fees spent this window.  What exactly can we expect from this group with such disinterested owners at the helm?

The coaching and playing staff are the only source of pride at this shell of a club - they will have off days because we're so reliant on whatever the academy produce. 

• Like 1