BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semir Telalovic

1 minute ago, roverblue said:

First time I have seen him play last night and thought he did well. Done more than Ennis and Leonard recently so would stick with him for Rotherham.

He showed up really well. He was dropping in to collect the ball, bringing others into play and rarely have it away. On another night he would have scored. He is definitely worth another starts on NYD.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

He showed up really well. He was dropping in to collect the ball, bringing others into play and rarely have it away. On another night he would have scored. He is definitely worth another starts on NYD.

I listened to the game on Radio Lancs and Gallagher was full of praise for Telalovic's performance. He seems like he could be hit going forward 

going to watch the full game when its available on Rovers TV later today

“Semir came from the fourth level in Germany as an unproven striker at this level,” Tomasson said to RoversTV when discussing the frontman.

“We all know how we’re trying to turn him around and into a proven striker at this level and he’s working hard for that.

“He’s a great lad and he’s been working hard for the team. I thought he did well.

“He’s not used to playing too long, which is also part of the reason I took him out.

“This is a great league and you can’t compare it to the league he was in in Germany, the fourth level. He wants to learn and is a good lad.”

Edited by NeilInBristol
Pressed enter too soon

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He played well and worked hard. Ennis doesn't work hard for me. 

Yeah fair. For a striker playing well should mean a goal at least. Or an assist.  Working hard is great and all but we need goals and points. I'd rather he got a deflected goal or a fluke goal by pressing the keeper than yet another goalless performance 

18 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Yeah fair. For a striker playing well should mean a goal at least. Or an assist.  Working hard is great and all but we need goals and points. I'd rather he got a deflected goal or a fluke goal by pressing the keeper than yet another goalless performance 

I wouldn't have took him off cos It change the game for me. I think he would have score today. His link play and movement is there to see. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't have took him off cos It change the game for me. I think he would have score today. His link play and movement is there to see. 

Any idea when he will get a full 90mins?

Personally the most lamentable part of our very rapid demise is watching my 6 year old son losing interest. He was so keen last season and cried at Brammall lane and when we missed out on the playoffs. Our current lot are not keeping him interested and I have a job on my hands stopping him having his head turned by the ‘big’ teams that his friends support. We are a really hard sell and it’s getting harder every week. He did enjoy the 8-0 win at Harrogate though, so all is not lost this season! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Nothing personal, but for me Telalovic sums up our plight.

We are pinning our hopes on a young player from the lower leagues in Germany.

It’s desperate.

Ah yeah agreed. 

Definitely nothing personal about the kid I'm sure he is a great guy. Just pinning our hopes on him and Ennis would be fine if they are producing goals or assists but so far I don't see anything..and time is running out!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gamst said:

Personally the most lamentable part of our very rapid demise is watching my 6 year old son losing interest. He was so keen last season and cried at Brammall lane and when we missed out on the playoffs. Our current lot are not keeping him interested and I have a job on my hands stopping him having his head turned by the ‘big’ teams that his friends support. We are a really hard sell and it’s getting harder every week. He did enjoy the 8-0 win at Harrogate though, so all is not lost this season! 

Tell him it's character building. Failing that, just burn any Liverpool / Man City et al piece of merch he brings into the house. 

I just pleased to see a striker on field who is 6ft+, let us enjoy this.

He is willing to take a shot on too.

He's only played 228 minutes in the Championship so far and looks better on each appearance. Goals will come if he becomes the real deal and if they don't it's a cheap gamble that failed. We've tried the alternatives.

• Like 3

It shows how low our expectations now are, how badly the club is run, how awful the transfers windows have been under Broughton, and indeed what a terrible signing Ennis is, when we're handing out plaudits to Telalovic for 'working hard'.

Let's be honest here, he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11 of any Championship side. It's just wishful thinking on our part that he'll contribute anything meaningful.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

whats the deal with this dude?

never gets a chance and dont be lazy and say cos hes shit. I cant get my head around 1-3 down 20 mins lefts and he stays on the bench?

why? if hes that shite then why is he on the bench.

only in venkyscum world

Edited by ABBEY

Either Eustace doesn't rate him, or he just isn't good enough.

He's played less than 20mins since Eustace took over. He's not been subbed on or hasn't even made the squad for 10 of the 14 league games since JE took over.

He makes the bench, probably due to the lack of numbers available in the squad. 

Honestly, I just think the answer is, he isn't good enough, unfortunately.

21 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

He's played less than 20mins since Eustace took over. He's not been subbed on or hasn't even made the squad for 10 of the 14 league games since JE took over.

he`s a non league player and it shows,thats not his fault and i feel sorry him,massive gap between the german regional league and the championship in england,well know for it`s competetiveness and attrition,im`e old enough to remember paul mckinnon,he came from non league sutton and was completely out of his depth,a la telalovic

32 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Or it could be that he doesn't suit Eustaces plan. We don't know.

The odd thing is that on the (very) rare occasions we've seen him he doesn't look absolutely hopeless, but he can't even get on the pitch so I guess we have to trust the judgement of the coaches. I guess if he goes out on loan to a non league side next year we'll know.

I remember one or two of the Portuguese lads from way back when actually looking ok when they eventually got on the pitch, was it Bruno? A right back? Still only made about three appearances and then disappeared back into obscurity after a couple of seasons.

• Like 2

That absolute sitter he missed last kick of the game away at Birmingham was his sliding doors moment. Put that anywhere other than straight at the keeper and it was a goal. His confidence would have been up and he could have gone on a run. Ironically would also have given us a point that could yet be the difference between staying up and going down.

Edited by danger19_80

40 minutes ago, rigger said:

Or it could be that he doesn't suit Eustaces plan. We don't know.

Perhaps, but it doesn't bode too well that when we desperately need a goal to try and rescue something against Sheff Wed, Markanday, Moran, Chrisene, Buckley & Ayari were all subbed on ahead of him. 

The only striker on the bench and he didn't get 10mins.

• Like 1