BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

Who said slashing season ticket prices will lead to more revenues ?

The whole idea of that is to get more people in the ground every game and create a better feel around the place that should help the team (although i wouldn't bet on it).

Done properly we needn't 'lose' much revenue or any at all with a good increased uptake and of course other revenue streams aside from ticket income will increase with increased people in the ground.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

@J*B we have not had a BRFCS poll for a long time regarding where the blame lies.

If our season tickets are circa 9000, then any poll 900 or more participants is a nice percentage for a,

A recent poll was carried out which equates to 10% of the home crowd .

Just a thought?

Brfcs will always be more critical than the fan base in general though

We spend more time delving into the club. Read more posts from people who have devoted parts of their life to uncovering things

The general match going fan looks at the squad once a week; looks at the table and then concludes how the club is doing

That's why the most vociferous anti-Venky mood since the original takeover was in our relegation season

Since then, it has been a different outlook, and that is because there's been improvement on the pitch

• Like 7

12,000 season tickets rather than 7500. I'd say that's pretty emphatic vindication of their policies whereas we limp along stagnant.

Not helped by the 'small town, no support' idiots who make excuses for the club to fall back on.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, J*B said:

It’s just like fake news on Twitter, someone says it and it’s then repeated until it becomes true. 

Smells of episode two of @Herbie6590’s new niche podcast POB (price of Blackburn), titled “Life Before Venkys - what was it like and what is true?” so that we have something on record to revert back to every time younger fans make up that the place was on fire. 

Up for it @Miller11 ? 🤔

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

That is how I think it will play out, also.

Rightly or wrongly, if we lose on Saturday, then Tomasson will start to get grief for our dire form. People generally have tunnel vision when it comes to results. ie it's the manager's fault. Fingers will be pointed at him in the first instance.

If our form carries on as is though, and a relegation battle becomes more of a likelihood, I'd expect the grief to then escalate beyond Tomasson over the coming games.

Yep, Ke*n got far more grief on a match day than the owners and that’s when Venky’s were unpopular/treated with suspicion too - so JDT has no chance.

Always the lightning rod as for most fans it’s just about the match, they don’t give the club much thought from game to game apart from maybe a glance at the LT (unlike us tragics).

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yep, Ke*n got far more grief on a match day than the owners and that’s when Venky’s were unpopular/treated with suspicion too - so JDT has no chance.

Always the lightning rod as for most fans it’s just about the match, they don’t give the club much thought from game to game apart from maybe a glance at the LT (unlike us tragics).

Not that I ever want us to lose a game, but a continuation of our poor form may well be the trigger for broader angst.

Edited by Wheelton Blue

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

I was interviewed by The Times’ Gregor Robertson a couple of years back & the analogy I used (which he quoted in the paper) was it’s like acquiring a stately home, sacking all the caretakers, groundsmen, maintenance staff etc then being surprised when the place falls down. They then decide to rebuild it…but not to the original size/specification & with fewer maintenance staff etc…

Yeah, that works better. There's probably a reason you get interviewed by The Times and I s**tpost on here. 😂

It's not just the deterioration that irks as much as the people being incredulous if you comment on it. 

So... the ornate, antique, sculpted fountain has been lost and replaced with a manky hose sticking out the ground with holes in it. I'm commenting to my wife how sad it is that we can't appreciate the beauty anymore.

Guaranteed someone walks behind me and fires out a: "Ungrateful git! You should be happy there's a water feature at all."

"Well, excuse me for not being wowed by the mud puddle!" 😡 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, JHRover said:

12,000 season tickets rather than 7500. I'd say that's pretty emphatic vindication of their policies whereas we limp along stagnant.

Not helped by the 'small town, no support' idiots who make excuses for the club to fall back on.

Also if we'd done their pricing on the back of the last season or two we'd get more than they do over a season and coupled with bigger away allocations the like for like ticket revenue would be more for us.

• Like 1

For any sizeable protest I think step one needs to be sharing the information on here in a manageable and understandable way across Facebook and tiktok for fans who use those platforms in a way that suits those platforms (presume FB infographics and tiktok under 25 second clips of 'old days' Vs now with some factual commentary) 

We won't get anyone on marches etc unless the fan base is converted and they don't use or particular like/trust here in my view 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

I’d be happy to get some t-shirts on order and sell at cost to whoever wants to buy

My thinking is this:

1) I’ll print out the logo this weekend and can hand out to people at the ground for Huddersfield game and attempt some Venkys Out chants to test the waters in the Blackburn End

2) Wrexham game - Banners, stickers, t-shirts outside the ground near the entrance to the Blackburn End on Kidder Street prior to the game - 6.30pm start

3) Peaceful protest inside the ground with banners & t shirts on, sitting as close as possible to the dugouts in either side of the JW Lower. 7.30pm - 7.45pm so all the players and management can see when they enter the field of play and line up for the fair play handshake.

4) Media outlets to be contacted in advance to drum up attention and a level of support 

5) If the club don’t acknowledge the protest & statements made then it moves to the next stage at the QPR Home Game following on the 3rd Feb, with a pitch invasion and sit down protest during the game

IMG_5666.jpeg

If only!

7 hours ago, J*B said:

Which couldn’t be any more Rovers - the fans turn on the man who’s refusing to accept mediocrity instead of those bringing it. 

At the moment I'd settle for mediocre 😞

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Who said slashing season ticket prices will lead to more revenues ?

The whole idea of that is to get more people in the ground every game and create a better feel around the place that should help the team (although i wouldn't bet on it).

Done properly we needn't 'lose' much revenue or any at all with a good increased uptake and of course other revenue streams aside from ticket income will increase with increased people in the ground.

It's not rocket surgery 😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Makes my blood boil do clowns like Nathan P...the epitome of Clueless.Head in the Sand.

Venkys saved our Club? Their tenure has been a disaster you fool!!

There's an army of analysts at the Club who don't have a lot to do other than sit around twiddling their thumbs. 

A lot of contributions in the LT comments and on social media stick out like a sore thumb to me. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

It's not rocket surgery 😁

It might as well be to the brains trust at Ewood who prefer charge more to less and less then they can use less staff, close sections etc

Before going to their overlords saying hey look (because of a cup run and a few big away followings in lge) iv'e hit the target AND iv'e reduced matchday costs over the season.

Can i have that bonus ?

• Like 1

Jesus fucking Christ.

Those comments are absolutely unbelievable.

It's one thing to be a total fucking moron and pretend that venkys are doing a decent job running the club at the moment but to say they saved us from oblivion is on another level.

These people need to have 'DO NOT BREED FROM" tattoos on their foreheads to prevent them from contaminating the human gene pool.

There are no words in the English language, or any other for that matter, that can aptly describe just how fucking stupid these people are.

I despair I really do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There's an army of analysts at the Club who don't have a lot to do other than sit around twiddling their thumbs. 

A lot of contributions in the LT comments and on social media stick out like a sore thumb to me. 

Yes, I was thinking bots pumping out propaganda.

9 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Yes, I was thinking bots pumping out propaganda.

The club and the owners will definitely get their bots and their own people out there spreading disinformation but some of those comments are from real people.

Absolutely lost for words on some of this.

Interestingly enough, the huge losses from venkys started immediately and have remained constant throughout their entire tenure here.

There's always been suspicion about their motives and when you couple that with them being under investigation it really does start making those suspicions seem more valid.

• Like 3