BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

For those who prefer a Vs sale over enforced Admin it's worth considering that should they decide they want or have to sell that process might be just as painful.

Because like the trust did they'll surely stop putting anymore money in at all and will liquidate whatever assets they can, players or otherwise in order to pay short term bills.  That might even happen now anyway but either way it's ramping up the downscale and will leave us in an awful position.

There is no good going to come of it either way but the toss up may well be death by a thousand cuts or a sharp shock but both roads lead to the same place - the lower leagues and a totally asset less club.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

For those who prefer a Vs sale over enforced Admin it's worth considering that should they decide they want or have to sell that process might be just as painful.

Because like the trust did they'll surely stop putting anymore money in at all and will liquidate whatever assets they can, players or otherwise in order to pay short term bills.  That might even happen now anyway but either way it's ramping up the downscale and will leave us in an awful position.

There is no good going to come of it either way but the toss up may well be death by a thousand cuts or a sharp shock but both roads lead to the same place - the lower leagues and a totally asset less club.

A sale is the best option for all parties concerned however, we know the stagnant pond in which venkys fester so it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see someone else of their ilk.

On the bright side though, buying football clubs is in vogue and what better club to buy than one of only seven premier league winners.

I just want rid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Upside Down said:

A sale is the best option for all parties concerned however, we know the stagnant pond in which venkys fester so it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see someone else of their ilk.

On the bright side though, buying football clubs is in vogue and what better club to buy than one of only seven premier league winners.

I just want rid.

Who on earth would want to buy Rovers!?

Even if Venky's gave us away and wrote off their £200millionish losses, any new owners would need £30/40 million for working capital purposes plus, most likely, getting on for £20million to buy back Brockhall (though not sure what the caveats are around Brockhall following its sale). 

If someone out there wants to make a real go of it by appointing some quality management from top to bottom and have a 'war chest' for player acquisitions then I would suggest they need getting on for £100million to throw at it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

any new owners would need £30/40 million for working capital purposes plus, most likely, getting on for £20million to buy back Brockhall (though not sure what the caveats are around Brockhall following its sale). 

If someone out there wants to make a real go of it by appointing some quality management from top to bottom and have a 'war chest' for player acquisitions then I would suggest they need getting on for £100million to throw at

Been saying all that's for months Mercer. Glad to see you are agreeing with my analysis 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Been saying all that's for months Mercer. Glad to see you are agreeing with my analysis 

Didn't know you'd posted as such Chaddy but it's nice if we are in agreement every now and then!

33 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Even if Venky's gave us away and wrote off their £200millionish losses, any new owners would need £30/40 million for working capital purposes plus, most likely, getting on for £20million to buy back Brockhall (though not sure what the caveats are around Brockhall following its sale). 

If someone out there wants to make a real go of it by appointing some quality management from top to bottom and have a 'war chest' for player acquisitions then I would suggest they need getting on for £100million to throw at it.

See previous examples of basically every other club that has been bought in the depths of despair.

Rovers situation isn't overly unique (sadly) but the positive is that we have lots of examples of clubs who have been bought in a much worse state then we would be if were in admin / "given away".

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BigUts said:

See previous examples of basically every other club that has been bought in the depths of despair.

Rovers situation isn't overly unique (sadly) but the positive is that we have lots of examples of clubs who have been bought in a much worse state then we would be if were in admin / "given away".

Spot on.

With living in Bolton for a few years and with my late first wife being from Bolton, I know a lot of Bolton fans. My two kids went to school there too, so my son in particular mixes with a few Bolton fans.

They went through their very low times, at the same time as Bury and as many will recall, they were worried that they would suffer the same fate as the Shakers.

Fast forward 5 years and they are now on the verge of returning to the second tier, with far bigger crowds than Rovers and what appears to be decent owners.

Believe me, there were lots of fans in despair when times were tough and plenty saying the same thing about who will buy us, so that's just a case in point.

Edited by lraC
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

You'd have probably said the same about Bolton and many other clubs that have been mismanaged by unscrupulous owners. But with every passing year I fear the pool of suitable buyers is diminishing, we had them lining up 2015'ish, but I doubt the same interest is still there now, from key players with Blackburn Rovers at heart that is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Even if Venky's gave us away and wrote off their £200millionish losses,

No choice there. They're never getting that money back.

Why should anyone recompense them for their mismanagement?

It could be that we will be bankrupted and have to start again.

AFC Blackburn Rovers or Blackburn Rovers 1875 are OK with me.

But more likely Venkys will have to take what they can get, basically the value of the stadium and hopefully Brockhall.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Didn't know you'd posted as such Chaddy but it's nice if we are in agreement every now and then!

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/36673-venky’s-hmrc…the-plot-thickens/?do=findComment&comment=2511904

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/36584-championship-2324/?do=findComment&comment=2519217

just prove it Mercer

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

50-100M for Rovers is about market rate in the current world. Plenty of people and consortiums with that sort of money knocking about. Develop a few good players under a proper footballing system and get promoted to the Premier League and everyone easily gets their money back. 

• Like 8

https://onefootball.com/en/news/explained-how-ipswich-towns-owners-gamechanger-20-ltd-got-rich-38405254

Ipswich new owners, financially risk averse pension group, bought the club and wiped their 100m debt. 

They view a sustainable premier league club as a profitable and safe investment for the Arizona emergency services pension fund.

Who would buy Blackburn rovers?

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

https://onefootball.com/en/news/explained-how-ipswich-towns-owners-gamechanger-20-ltd-got-rich-38405254

Ipswich new owners, financially risk averse pension group, bought the club and wiped their 100m debt. 

They view a sustainable premier league club as a profitable and safe investment for the Arizona emergency services pension fund.

Who would buy Blackburn rovers?

That highlights how badly Rover are run. I find it incredible that the some supporters of our wonderful club, think we are destined to be left to rot, simply because an Indian family who none of us had evet heard of 15 years ago, drop us in it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Most people would buy Blackburn Rovers if they were genuinely interested in a football club

It has the lot for a prospective buyer

If Venkys were to ever sell the Club, they'd have to write off the £200m because in not doing that it would make their asking price too high for its market value. Nobody would bite. So the £200m would go regardless

Brockhall would also come with the deal. But it would have always been costed into the price of the club anyway, so I'm not sure where you are going with that

Where has your £100m figure come from??????

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, J*B said:

50-100M for Rovers is about market rate in the current world. Plenty of people and consortiums with that sort of money knocking about. Develop a few good players under a proper footballing system and get promoted to the Premier League and everyone easily gets their money back. 

I take you know people who would be interested in buying if it was for sale. 

We struggled to be sold when the Walker Trust put up for sale. If only they had waiting for new TV rights to happen they wouldn't need to sale. 

What are Walker's family up to these days? Do they regret selling the club?

8 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

My figure was around 60-65 million. £25m to buy the club, £20m to buy Brockhall and £20m running cost, covering the debt until you vastly improve the commercial operations and bring in more sponsorship but also a CEO and commercial team to improve the operations here. 

2 hours ago, Gav said:

You'd have probably said the same about Bolton and many other clubs that have been mismanaged by unscrupulous owners. But with every passing year I fear the pool of suitable buyers is diminishing, we had them lining up 2015'ish, but I doubt the same interest is still there now, from key players with Blackburn Rovers at heart that is. 

Yes Gav,they may well have been lining up but of what quality/calibre?

Football these days appears full of Chancers and Bullshitters.

There was indeed only one Jack Walker. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

At the moment we have had 13 years of an Indian poultry company subsidising us at £15 million + each and every year with no realistic end in sight and zero willingness to engage in a sale or even employ competent people to run the club for them. They have no interest in the sport, the club or the town. They are now about £200 million down.

Yet they are here. It's bizarre and inexplicable why or why they carry on with it, but they do. This shows there are people out there in distant parts of the world with the means and resources to do it even if they don't have any particular interest. Of course some interest would be preferable.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Most people would buy Blackburn Rovers if they were genuinely interested in a football club

It has the lot for a prospective buyer

If Venkys were to ever sell the Club, they'd have to write off the £200m because in not doing that it would make their asking price too high for its market value. Nobody would bite. So the £200m would go regardless

Brockhall would also come with the deal. But it would have always been costed into the price of the club anyway, so I'm not sure where you are going with that

A potential buyer would pay perhaps a small premium over the net asset value for the club (£30-40m perhaps), fund the purchase of the existing or a new training ground (say £20m) plus prudently, say 2-3 years of working capital whilst things were put on a more even keel (£30-40m at least). 

Potential owners with access to £100m is probably the ball-park...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Herbie6590 said:

A potential buyer would pay perhaps a small premium over the net asset value for the club (£30-40m perhaps), fund the purchase of the existing or a new training ground (say £20m) plus prudently, say 2-3 years of working capital whilst things were put on a more even keel (£30-40m at least). 

Potential owners with access to £100m is probably the ball-park...

It wouldn’t change the sums involved but wouldn’t it be better to buy Venkys London Ltd?

50 mill is a realistic figure if we assume there's a few young players on the books that could recoup a lump of that then there is Ewood and the Academy site.  A modest Championship income/turnover - for now at least - although the training ground is gone for good and would need a long lease negotiating. 

As long as we are in the Champ without massive external debt - for now at least - then it's always one good season away from the really big bucks. There also remains the option of integrating the Academy and training ground into one site and selling the other although it'll never be popular if it was done for the right reasons by the right ownership there might be less anger against it.

Rovers is a great potential investment for the right people as long as they are realistic that there is potential but it isn't unlimited. And yes it would need guaranteed 10/15 mill per season committed funding outside the Prem but looking around that isn't unusual and isn't unrealistic to think nobody can provide that except these lot.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1