BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

It's too expensive to buy a PL club these days. Not everyone has a spare 3 - 4 billion to buy man utd. A championship club is perfect for someone who *only* has a couple of hundred million to spend on a play thing. Last year we were a couple of good signings from a solid promotion push, we have a cat 1 academy and a proud history. Like others have said, the players we've let go on a free added to the calibre of academy player we seem to bring through, we're a few good decisions away from having a good revenue stream from player sales. Out of the championship clubs, we've got as much going for us as any other club. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

6ft Venky’s & Waggott Out banner has arrived & ready for the Wrexham Game

Sitting in W03 in JW Lower, back row, in full view of the TV Cameras if anyone would like to join…will need help holding the banner up at very least!!!

IMG_5666.jpeg

Maybe there’ll be some rich Americans watching on Monday who might fancy following in the footsteps of Ryan + Rob 

10 hours ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Sitting in W03 in JW Lower, back row, in full view of the TV Cameras if anyone would like to join…will need help holding the banner up at very least!!!

IMG_5666.jpeg

Maybe there’ll be some rich Americans watching on Monday who might fancy following in the footsteps of Ryan + Rob 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MCMC1875 said:

What do you mean, "Brockhall would also come with the deal"? Half of Brockhall was sold to another company 3 years ago and rented back to get the club through FFP when the Armstrong sale didn't go through in time.

Don't think they ever actually paid for it though? Think they've been paying BRFC a 'penalty' fee ever since.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BigUts said:

Don't think they ever actually paid for it though? Think they've been paying BRFC a 'penalty' fee ever since.

So the club pay rent and the company pay the club a penalty  fee ?

No wonder they are under scrutiny in India !

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Same but sitting elsewhere for maximum TV coverage! 📺 

IMG_5666.jpeg

Be interesting to see the reaction from the sewards. They weren't too keen on protests last time round las time round!

45 minutes ago, 47er said:

Be interesting to see the reaction from the sewards. They weren't too keen on protests last time round las time round!

I thought there were more stewards on Saturday in the home ends...

How much coverage will this game get ? I thought it was only on the Welsh speaking channel on Monday night ...

Edited by Waggy76

23 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Graphic on Xwitter this morning 

IMG_4891.jpeg

Pain't a grim picture but can't say there wasn't at least 5 assets to sell that were handled horrifically and just one or two fees would have made that slightly better reading.

That is nobody's fault but those running and owning the club.

1 hour ago, BigUts said:

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

So the club pay rent and the company pay the club a penalty  fee ?

No wonder they are under scrutiny in India !

As at 31st March 2023 there was £6million left to pay.

IMG_1481.thumb.jpeg.549139bc9fc3697cfda221358bf1e6c5.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

IMG_5666.jpeg

Al come and hold it with you

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 47er said:

And the fans . I phoned a lad who goes on the away coach with me and said there’s a lad bringing a venkys out banner . His response was I hope someone hits him. Then the we wouldn’t have a club without venkys spiel. When I said am guna go and hold it with him he looked at me like I’d gone into his living room and shit in his kids dinner. I really think we are in a very small minority outside of this forum

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

And the fans . I phoned a lad who goes on the away coach with me and said there’s a lad bringing a venkys out banner . His response was I hope someone hits him. Then the we wouldn’t have a club without venkys spiel. When I said am guna go and hold it with him he looked at me like I’d gone into his living room and shit in his kids dinner. I really think we are in a very small minority outside of this forum

How do you know it was the same look? 🤔😁

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

That's how I feel too. We have the history, we have the story. There's an even bigger story in waiting for any ambitious owner who fancies it.

To restore the former Premier League champions back as a top flight club, after years of misery under bad owners is appealing in itself.

People say it is a mad suggestion, but I have long held the view that there will be somebody out there looking at our Premier League title win and wondering if it can be done again.

Not saying that is the type of owner in waiting after Venky's or even that I expect such an aim from new owners. Of course not. Just that we have far more pedigree in the game than even a lot of our own fans believe.

The way in which some of our fans have seemingly glossed over our time in the Premier League in order to defend these dickheads who have ripped that status away from us, is disgusting and unfathomable to me!

Things like "it is what it is", "who's going to buy us", "this is our level", "badly advised", "forgive and forget" is all as a result of 13 years of Venky abuse and conditioning. Conditioning which has led many (outside of this forum) to believe that we are what we see today and are lucky to have these owners.

Absolutely not! It just needs a new owner, with even the slightest bit of ambition, to jolt people out of this daze. There will almost certainly come a point where some of the pro Venky crowd will say "Yeah, they did need to go actually, I'm glad they have", when we are doing well under new owners. That day is coming.

We have become that accustomed to this shit show, and many have become numb to it, that a proper owner who wants to go up, will cause excitement levels not seen since the Mark Hughes' days. That's when the pro Venky crowd will wake up and realise that they've been had for the last 15 years (or however long).

Do Burnley, Wrexham, Birmingham, Hull and the like have more standing in the game than us? Do they bollocks. If they can attract the owners they have, we can certainly attract better than Venky's.

The agents who are trying to protect these bastards are doing a blinding job though, especially when Rovers fans want to hit other Rovers fans who are saying "Venky's out".

Absolutely unbelievable.

Post of the year, take a bow.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Doesn’t matter if that court day is tomorrow, next week, or next month.

We’ll still get the bare minimum to spend on the playing squad and be told we should be grateful that they’re keeping the lights on.

Venky’s out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Doesn’t matter if that court day is tomorrow, next week, or next month.

We’ll still get the bare minimum to spend on the playing squad and be told we should be grateful that they’re keeping the lights on.

Venky’s out.

Respectfully disagree. If the money isn't available soon it could force us to sell an asset to cover general outgoings and leave the squad even weaker than it is. Relegation then becomes even more of a possibility and the loss of even more players. We go from barely treading water to head under the water line. 

• Moderation Lead
8 minutes ago, alex l said:

Respectfully disagree. If the money isn't available soon it could force us to sell an asset to cover general outgoings and leave the squad even weaker than it is. Relegation then becomes even more of a possibility and the loss of even more players. We go from barely treading water to head under the water line. 

In any case, what a shit situation to be in. Relying on Venky’s getting their shit together and sending money over.

• Like 2