BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course not, and all that extra £3/4million would do would allow the owner to put less in themselves.  But you need to remember the fans making these daft claims don’t have the first clue about football finances.

Or rudimentary mathematics.

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Heard the same just now - resignation is Sylvester before he was pushed. 

If true, what a fucking joke.

Make Sylvester the sacrificial lamb and Waggott/Broughton come out completely unscathed.

Broughton for the second time and Waggott for about the 6th time for various things.

There's no hope.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Make Sylvester the sacrificial lamb and Waggott/Broughton come out completely unscathed.

Broughton for the second time and Waggott for about the 6th time for various things.

There's no hope.

No mention of the owners I see.

• Like 5

Sylvester was obviously not up to the job and should have been let go last time.

Broughton is in charge of recruitment and has failed miserably. He said they would learn lessons from the O'Brien mess but evidently haven't. 

Absolute morons running the show.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ben-2000 said:

Sylvester was obviously not up to the job and should have been let go last time.

Broughton is in charge of recruitment and has failed miserably. He said they would learn lessons from the O'Brien mess but evidently haven't. 

Absolute morons running the show.

If it was Sylvester the first time he should have been sacked for gross incompetence. At least it wouldn’t happen again. Now it seemingly has if it’s Sylvester again he should 100% be potted but also the egg for hiding him initially then overseeing another shitshow

• Like 2

How come this vastly experienced guy who has overseen more signings than we can even remember has

suddenly lost the ability to do his job ?

Also how much will it cost to pay him off and shut him up !

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There's no hope.

Are you for real? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

How come this vastly experienced guy who has overseen more signings than we can even remember has

This is what I don’t understand. He’s been here for years and by all accounts has done a very good job - until this time last year. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if budget cuts mean he’s trying to do it all with a typewriter. 

• Like 6

I'm not convinced GB or JDT can be blamed for the mess we find ourselves in. It really appears to me like the incompetency comes from the top down.

GB does not strike me as the type to allow the same mistake 2 years in a row.

He wasn't even selected by Waggot, who faffed around for months looking Mowbrays successor.

JDT was GBs idea and was tied down within days of GB starting.

This feels like a major disjoint between the old guard & the new upstarts.

I could imagine that the GB & JDTs ambition is seen as naive to the incumbents. I imagine they have not been happy with the new ideas & just want to maintain the status quo. After all, if the new idea's are successful, then thier tenure has been proven a failure.

Meanwhile the owners are so detached, this in fighting goes unchecked.

Just my take, no knowledge of the inner workings whatsoever.

.....one piece of info I did hear is from someone I met on holidays last year, had ties to the club which I checked up on, told me that venkys wanted out. I know he is very well connected but i couldn't figure out why they wouldn't just put the club on the market, so I just brushed it off.

• Like 1

Is there a chance after submitting the paperwork for a transfer first, then having it pulled at the last minute to then restart it as a loan he finally thought 'fuck working for this gang of idiots' and has tried to do some damage limitation on a 20 year career before he gets labelled the man who can't fill a form in within the industry 

Not my opinion by the way, but can see the logic 

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That was what occurred to me.

No apparent problems doing his job for years...then...

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Exactly. For those also pointing the finger at Broughton, he could well be caught up in all the shenanigans. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if, once again, this is Waggott’s doing and Waggott’s alone. He’ll come out smelling of roses and the others will be the sacrificial lambs. Broughton may well be being told to keep quiet and he strikes me as the sort of bloke who may not have the balls to quit. Fucking shit show.

• Like 5

Just to repeat: after last January's episode, which probably caused us a play-off place, SW stated that he should have been overseeing the transfer processes.  So we can only assume that we "was in the building" this time and at some level in charge.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, tomphil said:

In the normal world if I were to do my BAU activities in my job then it will get done correctly without issues. In my experience the time it's difficult to do my job is when people from above get involved and make strange demands/requests or don't pass on the right information then that's when it becomes a mess. It wouldn't surprise me if that's happened here.

Edited by Tim Southampton Rover
typo
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Just to repeat: after last January's episode, which probably caused us a play-off place, SW stated that he should have been overseeing the transfer processes.  So we can only assume that we "was in the building" this time and at some level in charge.

38 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Plus...... Broughton accepted full responsibility for the O Brien one anyway.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Someone changed from permanent transfer and stopped negotiations before a different deal was constructed and it was scramble time.  There must've been some resources on other transfers as well. Shambolic nonetheless. We probably all want SW to go, but I'm not sure if it changes anything. We've been under a transfer embargo before SW and it all comes back to the owners. But we're in a bit of a predicament because we can't overspend even if we wanted to because of FFP. 

Extra annoying now that we didn't take our chance last season and win a play-off place.

50 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He may not want , to be shut up ?

I have going on Ewood long enough to remember Peter Sylvester a loan striker from Norwich...beat Notts County I think 6-1 in his first game 1976 or 77....He didn't last long a month at best !