BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

11 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I think they declared the house purchase as an asset of their poultry business so the Indian authorities saw this as a tax dodge.

A chunk of the £5 million may have to go to the Indian Government to make up for the missing tax and maybe a fine. Once that is sorted, they may get some of their seized assets back. 

I doubt any of the money will make it's way to Ewood.

Dont trust them one iota.

• Like 1

In the Swiss Ramble article it states

In March Venky’s said that the Indian court case was now only related to “technical and procedural issues and should have no future impact on the owners being able to continue to fund the club”

This is actually taken from a statement issued by Waggott , not Venky's.

In the same LT article that there is confirmation that Venky's still need to get permission to send money. this was when the court case was postponed :

"£11.5million was transferred in November to provide funding until the end of January and Venky’s wanted their latest application to cover the club until the summer and beyond. The sale of Adam Wharton and the influx of money from a sell-on clause in David Raya's move from Brentford to Arsenal will provide some buffer for the club".

So, as far as I can determine, the owners ability to fund the club is still very much in the balance and we are reliant on money from player sales until August at the earliest.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

In the Swiss Ramble article it states

In March Venky’s said that the Indian court case was now only related to “technical and procedural issues and should have no future impact on the owners being able to continue to fund the club”

This is actually taken from a statement issued by Waggott , not Venky's.

In the same LT article that there is confirmation that Venky's still need to get permission to send money. this was when the court case was postponed :

"£11.5million was transferred in November to provide funding until the end of January and Venky’s wanted their latest application to cover the club until the summer and beyond. The sale of Adam Wharton and the influx of money from a sell-on clause in David Raya's move from Brentford to Arsenal will provide some buffer for the club".

So, as far as I can determine, the owners ability to fund the club is still very much in the balance and we are reliant on money from player sales until August at the earliest.  

You have to read between the lines with Waggott on this, but the word should used instead of will, certainly tells us that he is not certain that the court will rule in the owners favour.

I see this as a pretty serious matter (sending illegal payments is the word used in the Indian press article and no alleged in there) and can imagine that a dim view will be taken by the courts and it could lead to them being banned from funding permanently.

One other things to consider here, is that it was put out last year, that the project had changed, due to a change in the Indian tax laws, which appears to have been a total lie.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

We should hire a big screen or projector and get this screened down at Ewood. That would get noticed.

Show The Owners and Waggot up and get wider coverage.

That would certainly get attention on Sky and in India. Let them work out how to get out of those questions asked?

Edited by Moptop1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Brighton, Ipswich, Coventry, Bolton and bounced back from despair and seem to be on the up. No reason we can't if just get Venkys out.

Portsmouth, Derby, Luton too.

Sooner we get rid the sooner we can rebuild.

The longer they are here the harder it gets.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, lraC said:

How refreshing to hear and it puts our owners to shame. She spoke there with passion that is sadly totally missing from our owners CEO and any other decision maker at the club.

I know only too well what the previous owner did to their club, as my late first wife was from Bolton and I lived in the town for a few years and know lots of Wanderers fans.

As we have seen in a very short space of time, they have gone from the low that she described there, to what they are now and are likely to be in a higher league position and certainly far more stable than we are, very soon.

For the people who seem to think, it is Venky's or the end, have a proper look at their story and think again, as we are more than capable of an existence without the Indians. 

And as of this morning they have sold 30,000 tickets for their playoff final against Oxford on Saturday. I shudder to think how embarrassed we would be with poor ticket sales if we ever got to Wembley under this shower. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And as of this morning they have sold 30,000 tickets for their playoff final against Oxford on Saturday. I shudder to think how embarrassed we would be with poor ticket sales if we ever got to Wembley under this shower. 

thats not going to happen with team waggot now in charge of everything,we`ll be lucky if we ar`nt playing bamber bridge in 10 years time

Posted (edited)
On 15/05/2024 at 13:48, arbitro said:

'But we could be another Bolton' has been a favourite saying of some of our more myopic fans. Well with a CEO like this I'd take that in a heartbeat.

And you wonder why Bolton are on the up and averaging over 20k...we can only watch on with Green Eyes.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Emptiest ground in the Championship. Another proud achievement from our owners…

...and they haven't a clue because they never go.

Edited by Cherry Blue

In Blackburn's heart, where dreams once soared,
The Venky Group's shadow loomed and roared.
With promises grand, they took the helm,
But soon turned the club into a realm

Of chaos and despair, where hope grew thin,
As fans watched their beloved team begin
To falter and stumble, under their reign,
A tragic tale of loss and pain.

From triumphs past to struggles deep,
The Venky's grip made many weep.
Mismanagement and neglect ran rife,
As Blackburn's spirit fought for life.

Oh, Blackburn Rovers, once so bright,
Now lost in the darkness of the night.
But through the storm, fans stand strong and true,
Hoping for better days to renew.

Though scars may linger, wounds may ache,
Blackburn's spirit refuses to break.
For football's more than ownership's sway,
It's the passion that will never decay.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

And you wonder why Bolton are on the up and averaging over 20k...we can only watch on with Green Eyes.

Would Bolton be averaging over 20k if they weren't winning games most weeks and in the promotion mix though?

You've got to have something appealing about the product on the pitch as well, at Ewood there's barely anything to entice people apart from obviously bigger games such as Newcastle in the cup.

Oddly I work in Bolton and although I'm only in the office 2 days a week there's not a single Bolton fan there that I'm aware of. Mainly United, City and a few ex Bury fans.

Yes they would still average 20k even through a crap season because they have 16k+ ST holders already in the tent for the season, so they can’t not hit 20k crowds - but yes it would be interesting to see what would happen to their ST sales the following year if they had a bottom half third division season, even at bargain prices.

There's also an air of positivity, excitement, ambition and pride about the place.

Here we sell our best players for next to nothing just to pay the bills because our supposed billionaire owners are having issues with being investigated for fraud and can't fund the club but also won't sell it either.

On top of that the up and coming ambitious manager and DOF have been ousted to be replaced by a guy who believes games against Plymouth Argyle and Millwall at home are not must win despite being in a relegation battle and a fake CEO who embodies everything wrong with society.

And people wonder why our home attendance is so shit.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Would Bolton be averaging over 20k if they weren't winning games most weeks and in the promotion mix though?

You've got to have something appealing about the product on the pitch as well, at Ewood there's barely anything to entice people apart from obviously bigger games such as Newcastle in the cup.

Oddly I work in Bolton and although I'm only in the office 2 days a week there's not a single Bolton fan there that I'm aware of. Mainly United, City and a few ex Bury fans.

It does help if your population is twice as big. 

• Like 1