BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Ipswich Town (a) - 23/9/23

Goal #4 Oears shiuld have an assist for that.  School boy mistake as a keeper your try to mever punch central to the edge of the area, only saw it once but looked to me like he was in space under no pressure, ciuld have caught that I thought.  He has to sit now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

after the debriefing  of this match i hope jdt realises he needs  new goalkeeper and needs to re think his team shape

The only worrying thing about the shape is that they're trying to accommodate Travis (i.e. not asking him to receive the ball in tight spaces facing his own goal). The issue that causes is that he's nowhere if they break quickly. 

• Like 1

We are at risk of being dragged into a relegation battle. Leicester next.

JDT has some very fair gripes about those above him but this squad is better than having the 3rd worst defensive record in the league. He has to own that defeat as he has kept faith in the absolute clown in net.

• Like 3

Tired play at the end. Been a taxing week, but we’ve not had the stamina to make something of them sitting in. They’ve played quite well today and clearly been well-prepared. I don’t think they’re in a false position, but their form is likely momentum-based. I think they’re likely to finish 8th or so, they’ve not got much quality in any position. Clarke’s probably scored the best goal of his career today. Looked like a Sunday league bruiser.

On paper, it’s a poor result, but there are some positives from certain performances today. Even Pears’ performance might be a long-term positive, if he never starts a league game for the club again. Give him the cup games and just show him the 8 goals he conceded this week when he complains.

Problems to solve:

Travis not digging in at the back when needed.

Pears being paid to do this job.

What to do with Wharton and Szmodics when they’re tuckered out.

Pickering and any defensive support.

Working out once and for all if there’s still a player in Tyrhys Dolan and what to do to if there isn’t.

Again, Pears having a professional football contract with the club.

Our midfielders are making Carter and Hyam, and Pears for that matter, look worse than they really are.

Travis is painfully slow, especially between his ears.

Dolan ... words fail me.

Why is Adam Wharton not playing in place of that disinterested lookalike?

I could go on but can't be fecking bothered, just like the lookalike.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Considering we conceded first there was only one way it was going once it went to 3-3. These lads can't even ride a wave of momentum properly.

The fact we have zero to offer from the bench makes it even worse. Venky's going back to the mid-2010 style of drastically slashing the playing budget until we go down. Learned their lessons? That's a good one. 

• Like 3

Thought that was pathetic today. Sure we could have won the game but that was suicide football. Wharton and Travis totally overwhelmed and ineffective. They were so overwhelmed the miles they put in today meant as the game wore on they were running on gas. I can't believe JDT didn't switch it up.

Hopefully that's a wake up call for him as that was as poor game management as some of the games we gifted early last season. 

The easiest decision of the lot though. AINSLEY PEARS CANNOT START THE NEXT GAME! He's got no consistency. For every game he puts in an ok performance, he's completely culpable the next. He's cost us that game just as much as the woeful tactics have. 

• Like 4

Last seasons early style covered our weakness at the back mostly but exposed we were a one man team up front.

This seasons is doing the opposite it is exposing too many players all over the park unless we are knocking some quick fancy passes about making us look better than we actually are.

This football never prospers in this league, this is on the coaching staff as much as the players.

• Like 3