BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 minute ago, roverstdt said:

Need a bit of a clear out in my eyes. 

Sale: Hedges, Markanday, Pears, Jordan Eastham. 

Loan: Gamble

Sign: Gk, Winger, Winger, Striker, LB 

I doubt any of that will happen except Gamble on loan. We need more bodies in a small squad, so I dont think we will see anyone leave unless we get a fee and I don't think anyones paying for those.

38 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Always a fun (and upsetting/pointless) exercise. Most of the players there will have options, and Rovers never dive into priority Free Agents like we wish the would.

Just looking at UK/Irish nationality you could create a full and competitive team for "free" - bit dire on the Goalkeeper and Winger front though.

Bold ones being of particular interest, wishful thinking for BRFC. (Sheff Utd relegation pending!)

GK: Hart, Walton

LB: Lowe, Taylor, Norrington-Davies

CB: Kelly, Tosin, Lascelles, McKenna, Wood, Cooper, McNair

RB: Wan-Bissaka, Bogle

CM: Hughes, DaSilva, Dier, Brownhill, Lundstram, Whiteman, Baird, Sibley, Saville

RW: Ritchie, Dolan

CAM: Alli, Connolly, Burrows

LW: Willock

CF: Vardy, Adams, Gallagher, Wellbeck

Edited by Angry_Pirate

30 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Does nobody else feel we should forget about these development signings right at this moment and concentrate on something that can come in and contribute now ?

Making room in the finances and maybe selling someone just to get in another 500k kid from a lower league is playing a lottery we don't need right at this moment.  Doing that with Markandy 2 years ago maybe contributed to us losing a top 2 spot.  Now we just need to start getting points on the board.

Wouldn't do any harm to bin the high risk (for a club with no money) long term development strategy just for one window even if we only use the brass for a couple of loans.

We've got plenty of first team players on the books who are still being developed and there a good number in the U21's that are being developed who are earmarked for a future first team role (Batty, Gamble, Weston, Gilsesnan etc.)

We need some more experienced players to come in and help the group. JDT has been very vocal about that and it's difficult to disagree with him.

By all means keep bringing in players for the U21's for development but not at the expense of some first team experience.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

We've got plenty of first team players on the books who are still being developed and there a good number in the U21's that are being developed who are earmarked for a future first team role (Batty, Gamble, Weston, Gilsesnan etc.)

We need some more experienced players to come in and help the group. JDT has been very vocal about that and it's difficult to disagree with him.

By all means keep bringing in players for the U21's for development but not at the expense of some first team experience.

But again the focus and finance seems to be being prepared to snare the lad from Crewe who may not even come until the summer anyway.

Even if he does he is just another body we'll be lucky if he makes a difference straight away. He isn't James Hill or Van Hecke from Prem clubs he's another Pickering who'll need time and development.

Not writing the lad off by any means but right now we need more substance we've enough raw potential and non Championship ready 1st players already here.

As usual it appears priority's will be all wrong yet again.

Where is there any evidence to suggest Travis is being left out for financial reasons?

To me he's not played much because tronstad and Wharton are both better suited to this system and Travis at full back is a last resort. We were wide open with Travis and Wharton in cm earlier in the season. 

I don't see anything nefarious there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

But again the focus and finance seems to be being prepared to snare the lad from Crewe who may not even come until the summer anyway.

Even if he does he is just another body we'll be lucky if he makes a difference straight away. He isn't James Hill or Van Hecke from Prem clubs he's another Pickering who'll need time and development.

Not writing the lad off by any means but right now we need more substance we've enough raw potential and non Championship ready 1st players already here.

As usual it appears priority's will be all wrong yet again.

Yeah I agree there. The only thing I will say is that if there is a deal to be done, as seems to be the case with this Crewe lad, we should be getting them done. Imagine if we don't buy this lad and another club ends up selling him for £15m in a couple of years, we'll all be kicking off.

That said though, what we lack the most right now is experience and this deal should only happen if it doesn't stop us bringing in an experienced player or 2.

@JHRover's post ☝🏻 post nails it pretty well.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Where is there any evidence to suggest Travis is being left out for financial reasons?

To me he's not played much because tronstad and Wharton are both better suited to this system and Travis at full back is a last resort. We were wide open with Travis and Wharton in cm earlier in the season. 

There's no evidence, of course there isn't, just as there isn't hard evidence for many other things including claims we've bid for players or offered players certain terms. 

This probably all exists in the heads of 2-3 people, mainly the shadow man and his assistant who are ultimately making these sort of day to day decisions.

But I'm not one for believing in coincidences where this mob are concerned and don't think it is any sort of coincidence that a previously indispensable component of our team, and captain, suddenly finds himself frozen out of even substitute appearances despite the team looking in a state of disarray and leaderless.

I think if you look at incomings and outgoings there's plenty of reason to suspect that these are motivated by financial concerns - wages, transfer value, age - generally those on bigger money, on the wrong side of 26/27 and those who might attract interest from elsewhere - are ushered out of the exit door.

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

We werent as consistently wide open early season as we have been since the Sheff Wednesday game at the start of December. It’s wierd that Tronstad and Wharton do seem to individually be performing better than the rest, but in many games (Wednesday, Leeds, Watford 2nd half, Huddersfield) we’ve just been up against wave after wave of attacks.

8 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

He's at Standard Liege on loan at the moment, so not sure how that works unless his contract there is terminated?

I did read earlier in the week they were looking at terminating the loan. Think he's only played 9 games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

We werent as consistently wide open early season as we have been since the Sheff Wednesday game at the start of December. It’s wierd that Tronstad and Wharton do seem to individually be performing better than the rest, but in many games (Wednesday, Leeds, Watford 2nd half, Huddersfield) we’ve just been up against wave after wave of attacks.

thats the team shape,we commit to many men forwards and when the ball gets lost we struggle badly,it would be ok with better players who make the right decisions but with our personel it`s very risky

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

is`nt he a defensive midfielder????surely on loan unless newcastle want shut of him pronto

They wanted shut of him in the summer and would have joined Norwich permanently had they got promoted. 

Pretty sure he's reasonably injury prone? He missed the second half of last season with an injury. 

He's 28 and would add experience, pretty sure he can play a couple of different positions as well.

He's already on loan somewhere though, so can only assume that's getting cut short.

Wouldn't be happy if we sell Trav and replace him with a loan but that's exactly the sort of fuck up thing Venkys would do.

Edited by davulsukur