BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

I'm a bit confused that the funds freed up don't allow for transfer fees, and yet we are looking to pay a transfer fee. Sounds like a recipe for getting in further bother with the Indian courts.

Using money already in the UK bank account…or soon to be in the UK bank account 

- I think something along these lines was mentioned earlier, but The Athletic is reporting that we've had two loan bids rejected for Orlando City striker Duncan McGuire, and are expected to be make a third loan bid (amid interest from FC Nantes, FC Utrecht, and RWD Molenbeek): https://theathletic.com/5177729/2024/01/04/mls-january-transfer-window/ (might be paywalled). 15 goals over 37 appearances in his rookie MLS season.

- On O'Riordan's incoming, worth noting he's cup-tied for the FA Cup. May relate to the debate on holding on to Hill for one more weekend. Doubt we'd want to risk Hyam and presumably S. Wharton won't be ready. Perhaps time for Gamble... Such a shame that Barnes got hit with another long-term injury.

- It's spread across L1/L2/Scottish Championship, but notable that O'Riordan's actually accumulated a decent amount of pro experience for his age: 76 league/cup appearances (+ a bit of non-league!)

Edited by RoverCanada
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Using money already in the UK bank account…or soon to be in the UK bank account 

Generated or soon to be generated by movement of the playing staff presumably.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RoverCanada said:

- I think something along these lines was mentioned earlier, but The Athletic is reporting that we've had two loan bids rejected for Orlando City striker Duncan McGuire, and are expected to be make a third loan bid (amid interest from FC Nantes, FC Utrecht, and RWD Molenbeek): https://theathletic.com/5177729/2024/01/04/mls-january-transfer-window/ (might be paywalled). 15 goals over 37 appearances in his rookie MLS season.

How is it possible to make multiple loan bids?? A team either wants to loan a player our or they don't 

3 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

How is it possible to make multiple loan bids?? A team either wants to loan a player our or they don't 

It will be about haggling over the details of the loan. We will keep going back with offers, until we agree to what the loaning team want. Instead of telling them to go away sexually.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Scroll up, the past 2 pages are arguing about whether we could make demands about Hill's deal to Bournemouth 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoverCanada said:

- On O'Riordan's incoming, worth noting he's cup-tied for the FA Cup. May relate to the debate on holding on to Hill for one more weekend. Doubt we'd want to risk Hyam and presumably S. Wharton won't be ready. Perhaps time for Gamble... 

That's risky.

1 hour ago, RoverCanada said:

- On O'Riordan's incoming, worth noting he's cup-tied for the FA Cup. May relate to the debate on holding on to Hill for one more weekend. Doubt we'd want to risk Hyam and presumably S. Wharton won't be ready. Perhaps time for Gamble... Such a shame that Barnes got hit with another long-term injury.

- It's spread across L1/L2/Scottish Championship, but notable that O'Riordan's actually accumulated a decent amount of pro experience for his age: 76 league/cup appearances (+ a bit of non-league!)

I know we’re desperate but just watched a highlight reel and he looks awful…Has all the attributes that Gallagher has but even more of a donkey touch. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I know we’re desperate but just watched a highlight reel and he looks awful…Has all the attributes that Gallagher has but even more of a donkey touch. 

If he uses those atributes it will be an improvement on Gally.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Cue the comments in 2 months time 'if only we'd kept Travis...'

No it's a good idea - looks like the Club is going to do it therefore it has the Chadster seal of approval!

With Broughton on the case it'll probably turn out about as well as flogging Kaminsky and virtually giving away Phillips to bring in Wahlstedt.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

On top of the potential O'Riordan signing? ...

Screenshot_20240104-124800.png

Good news that Dolan, Rankin Costello (and in relative terms) Pears will be back.

Shame we'll be weakened by the return of Hedges and Gallagher though. Offloading the latter, even if only to get him off the wage bill should have been a number one priority - but no let's sell some useful players instead.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Good news that Dolan, Rankin Costello (and in relative terms) Pears will be back.

Shame we'll be weakened by the return of Hedges and Gallagher though. Offloading the latter, even if only to get him off the wage bill should have been a number one priority - but no let's sell some useful players instead.

How much is Gallagher on wage wise? Was it 15k?

Just think of the quality loanie we could get with that for next season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's not the insult you think it is.

Even if you're of the view he made the best of a bad situation initially, I'd still maintain it is when you consider what he actually  did with the net proceeds I.e signing Wahlstedt.

It would have been easier to set fire to it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Again, virtually giving away Phillips v actually giving him away.

Broughton made the best of a bad situation with a player that clearly didn't want to be at the club and literally held all the cards.

It's not the insult you think it is.

Whilst more of a reflection of the club, still one of the higher transfer fees we've received in recent seasons 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Even if you're of the view he made the best of a bad situation initially, I'd still maintain it is when you consider what he actually  did with the net proceeds I.e signing Wahlstedt.

It would have been easier to set fire to it.

Broughton is a fraud and is a massive part of our current predicament. He talks a good game but it simply stops there! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bazza said:

We must keep Travis. Club captain. I like him. I'd rather Trav be on our side than the opposition's.

Travis isnt going to want to stay here .

He is behind Tronstad and Wharton, JRC was  put in the midfield ahead of him when he was fit.The way both the manager and Broughton have spoken going forward Garrett will be ahead of him.

I like Travis but I wouldn't have him in the starting line up ahead of Wharton or Tronstad and Travis is not going to be happy being a club captain who rarely plays or being shoehorned in at full back when we have players out

His experience and shithousery will be missed but I just don't see the player being happy with the situation and sometimes it is just better to part before it causes issues behind the scenes 

But with a number of appearances under his belt at this level and some very good performances I hope it will be a decent enough fee 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

How much is Gallagher on wage wise? Was it 15k?

Just think of the quality loanie we could get with that for next season.

Reportedly.

If the Indian judge could only refuse to sign off on one item of expenditure.................

JDT has never really been happy with Travis in midfield 2. He played him as the deepest of the 2 at the start of last season but eventually moved him further forward.

Now he's behind AW and Tronstad for the deep midfield role and behind AW and JRC (and Garrett it seems) for the more attacking of the two CM's. 

He's not going to stay if there's no place for him in the team.