BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

In unrelated news, and what feels like word bingo.  Ex Rover Pascal Chimbonda now managing Skelmersdale has been handed a 5 match touchline ban seeing him out of his next game Vs Bury.  In response he's signed himself as a player and plans to warm the bench. 

When JDT had his game out, and given the striking options at the club - wouldn't we have been better lobbing him up top?

• Like 8

I’d be happy with an experienced keeper and a striker. I agree with bringing in LB cover but not sure the lad from Brighton was needed.

Horvath would be a very good loan signing and I would agree that Leo going out on loan would be good.

I’ve had to bite my lip a lot over the last few pages as there have been some ridiculous posts from our resident happy clapper. However we still have time to rescue this window. Fix the glaring issue up front and in goal and we could still have a decent season, ignore it and we could be in trouble. A nervous keeper leads to a nervous back line. Defenders like a strong presence behind them and we clearly don’t have that. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Do you believe every word you read and hear in the news? do you ever weigh up two sides to a story and apply logic or critical thought to a situation?

Don't read or watch the news unless it Rovers, Sport or Politics related. 

JDT was clear Travis has twice asked to leave including in the summer. Travis didn't want to be hear cos of his playing role and position in the squad. It's a very simple situation to understand so I don't get why you can't accept it and move on.

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

It's a bit like when you insist JDT is happy at Rovers because he's said something along those lines in his press conferences.

Read his interview with Elliott Jackson. His comments are clear. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Don't read or watch the news unless it Rovers, Sport or Politics related. 

JDT was clear Travis has twice asked to leave including in the summer. Travis didn't want to be hear cos of his playing role and position in the squad. It's a very simple situation to understand so I don't get why you can't accept it and move on.

Read his interview with Elliott Jackson. His comments are clear. 

Can you post that link on here?

Tomasson believes this is crucial to play development and ensuring the club can apply a player-trading model.

“The most difficult thing in football is to give a team an identity, but I think it is needed because the club wants to sell players," Tomasson explained. 

Well that is that!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Tomasson believes this is crucial to play development and ensuring the club can apply a player-trading model.

“The most difficult thing in football is to give a team an identity, but I think it is needed because the club wants to sell players," Tomasson explained. 

Well that is that!

What’s going on at this club is a scandal. There are a lot of people involved that should be nowhere near Ewood Park

Charlatans and thieves. 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, den said:

What’s going on at this club is a scandal. There are a lot of people involved that should be nowhere near Ewood Park

Charlatans and thieves. 

Indeed. It’s much easier these days to count the ones who do deserve a club like ours. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Well that is that!

So it’s not about promotion or being competitive. It’s about being a meat market get them in, fatten up and sell them on.

To achieve this a manager isn’t under pressure to win. Promotion is not required just keep playing a style and get young players exposure.

They don’t even care about having fans. Let’s squeeze the mugs who are willing to pay and forget the rest.
They also learned a PR excercise and have made themselves community friendly.

Tommason has had enough and it’s written in his face and after 50 plus years I think I have. We will never achieve anything until they are gone because that’s not what they want.

I just hope the Indian govt is better than the fit and proper owner test and  have found enough to move them on.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

So it’s not about promotion or being competitive. It’s about being a meat market get them in, fatten up and sell them on.

To achieve this a manager isn’t under pressure to win. Promotion is not required just keep playing a style and get young players exposure.

They don’t even care about having fans. Let’s squeeze the mugs who are willing to pay and forget the rest.
They also learned a PR excercise and have made themselves community friendly.

Tommason has had enough and it’s written in his face and after 50 plus years I think I have. We will never achieve anything until they are gone because that’s not what they want.

I just hope the Indian govt is better than the fit and proper owner test and  have found enough to move them on.

I think it's more about not letting Lenihan, Rothwell, Brereton-Diaz, Ayala, Dack, Nyambe etc walk away for free.

We have to be realistic - the plan is to build a solid financial footing to operate from. We clearly can't rely on these dodgy owners to foot the bill every season, and even then we get into trouble with FFP 'cos our crowds are naff and we've historically let players walk at the end of their contracts. We complain about Boro / Hull etc spending loads of cash - well they've generated said cash through player sales. 

If, for example, Carter is sold for £8m in January and O'Riordan is brought in as his replacement for £500k, that's exactly the way the model should work. You've then got £7.5m to pay wages / pay for the Academy / invest in other player transfers. 

• Like 2

I think we need a keeper, a striker and a quick wide forward/winger..

GK: Tim Krull type
ST:  Forest, Wolves, Palace must have someone knocking around in he reserves with bit of experience.
Winger: Someone rapid.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Before the game today, I was talking to someone who were telling that they were told Travis was moving on and that was at the start of the week. 

Travis, Buckley, Carter, A Wharton and Phillips, along with Kaminski, Dack and Ayala were wanted out before the end of last season.

Basically anyone who could get some money into the club, or on decent wages.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Despite the spin the LT has put on it that article doesn't say he's happy at the Club, it merely says he likes working with the players on a day to day basis etc.

He'd get that type of enjoyment working anywhere at any Club. It's what he DOESN'T say that's telling - if he was genuinely happy here he would be quick to point out that Steve and the owners had been incredibly supportive and his DOF had provided some brilliant recruitment etc etc

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think it's more about not letting Lenihan, Rothwell, Brereton-Diaz, Ayala, Dack, Nyambe etc walk away for free.

We have to be realistic - the plan is to build a solid financial footing to operate from. We clearly can't rely on these dodgy owners to foot the bill every season, and even then we get into trouble with FFP 'cos our crowds are naff and we've historically let players walk at the end of their contracts. We complain about Boro / Hull etc spending loads of cash - well they've generated said cash through player sales. 

If, for example, Carter is sold for £8m in January and O'Riordan is brought in as his replacement for £500k, that's exactly the way the model should work. You've then got £7.5m to pay wages / pay for the Academy / invest in other player transfers. 

Whilst I agree with your comments

I think if carter is sold for £8m his " replacement" o Riordan is not a replacement. It's a backwards move. This method will only go so far until we are relegated 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Whilst I agree with your comments

I think if carter is sold for £8m his " replacement" o Riordan is not a replacement. It's a backwards move. This method will only go so far until we are relegated 

S. Wharton into the team with the replacement on the bench?

Would still need a Hill replacement though.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Winger: Someone rapid.

I'd still like Jesurun Rak-Sakyi for the wing (once GK and striker are sorted, although even just those two being done seems wildly optimistic without a sale). Palace kept him around in the summer, but he's only played 130 minutes for them in the league, so you have to think he'd be available. Smashed League One last season with Charlton and a few of us wanted him in the summer.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Its a paradox ... you can't have a solid financial footing and Ambition to be a Premier League Club... If ure a trading for survival model, than ure a producer ....you create players and sell them at thier prime or slightly before ...manage the team performance dip from selling them and await the next calf trying to be the prized bull. Yes it's the perfect model for championship club but never to PL. 

I've always said these nutjobs want us in championship but not L1 as its the sweet spot ... lesser media attention for thier shananigans ...i don't even belief this whole crap of indians courts ...venkys are magicians in money matters ...We are where they want us to be ...But as a Fan of BRFC i hope to god i'm wrong  

"I didn't use James Hill so he wasn't cup-tied.

"It was not necessary but he was ready to help the team. He's a very good player and it's been a pleasure to work with him. He's done really, really well."

JDT on hill.

Jdt seems like a nice guy. The above proves it. But also wtf 

We don't employ him and sign players to help them develop when they are already going back to their loan club. What's the purpose in that. 

3 minutes ago, miqaayil said:

Its a paradox ... you can't have a solid financial footing and Ambition to be a Premier League Club... If ure a trading for survival model, than ure a producer ....you create players and sell them at thier prime or slightly before ...manage the team performance dip from selling them and await the next calf trying to be the prized bull. Yes it's the perfect model for championship club but never to PL.

It wasn't a paradox for Brentford.

The missing ingredient is competence.

• Like 2