BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Surely we could have got Ashley Philips bacj here on loan instead of him going to struggling Plymouth 

My first thought. You’d think Rovers would have insisted on a clause in the  deal

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s started to score more regularly in the past month,looks very lively when iv`e seen him

Yeh tbf it did occur to me whilst posting that last time I commented on him I was saying he was something like the 12th top scorer. Although with 4 other players tied in 7th, he's essentially joint 11th too.

The numbers don't impress me at all for playing at this level, but it's one of those where if he signed you'd just have to trust the scouts. I know he's been linked with other Championship clubs so probably better than he looks on paper.

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

My first thought. You’d think Rovers would have insisted on a clause in the  deal

My first thought would be that whoever was negotiating for the Rovers would have very little idea what to negotiate

8 minutes ago, benhben said:

Watching Wigan v Man U. Wigans right winger No 17 looks better than anything we have! L1 is probably too expensive a shop for us though...

Yeah looks good, he’s on loan from Fulham. He’s not afraid to take players on, something our wingers don’t have in their DNA.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

22 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Haha imagine that we had such competent negotiators! We would have got a better deal if so

15 minutes ago, rigger said:

My first thought would be that whoever was negotiating for the Rovers would have very little idea what to negotiate

LOL. This

15 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

The "get out" clause was a *****'s trick after Rovers had put so much work into his development. He can f**** off !

I mean, I'm certainly still bitter about it and that's part of why I say I don't want him back on loan. But in fairness, it's been pointed out before that he could have just not signed that contract and gone for far less. So at least he didn't go full BBD with it. And tbf, a 17 yr old kid isn't going to get involved in the negotiations too much or try to tell his agent what to do, he'll go with the flow. The agent will have wanted that putting in. But he can still fuck off 🤣 for buggering off before his pubes have finished growing! And I think we spent enough time developing him for Spurs as it is.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Sshh. Apparently nobody will buy a loss making 2nd division club and you just have to hope the current owners never leave or the club will disappear.

Also notice that their owner has managed to invest without hiding behind FFP rules as an excuse.

Sold one player for 19 million Euros and all transfers in the two years after have been cost less than that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, imy9 said:

Sold one player for 19 million Euros and all transfers in the two years after have been cost less than that.

We sold one player for £15 million and all transfers since then have cost less than that, we also sold our training ground and other players including our goalkeeper and Ash Phillips and still whinge about FFP rules causing a problem.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We sold one player for £15 million and all transfers since then have cost less than that, we also sold our training ground and other players including our goalkeeper and Ash Phillips and still whinge about FFP rules causing a problem.

‘He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else’

Edited by wilsdenrover

12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I mean, I'm certainly still bitter about it and that's part of why I say I don't want him back on loan. But in fairness, it's been pointed out before that he could have just not signed that contract and gone for far less. So at least he didn't go full BBD with it. And tbf, a 17 yr old kid isn't going to get involved in the negotiations too much or try to tell his agent what to do, he'll go with the flow. The agent will have wanted that putting in. But he can still fuck off 🤣 for buggering off before his pubes have finished growing! And I think we spent enough time developing him for Spurs as it is.

It was a wrong thing to go along with..

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Sorry but that is bollox, look at the way Jude Bellingham left Birmingham that was a touch of class.

Ash Philips can fuck the fuck off.

• Like 5