BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

9 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Maybe Pears is not the messiah?

I have no idea about what the goals were like or who was at fault (or indeed if Pears is even half fit)

The players getting the chance with u-21 seems not good enough...... Pears already letting in two goals with the reserves doesn't bode me with confidence....we need an experience keeper in to learn Wahlstedt and Pears how a goalkeeper should act.

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Braintwaite actually started ok for us but then that incident happened v Boro with his high boot when he nearly took Dael Fry's eye out and Warnock lost the head ,after that Braintwaite was poor I agree.

And id have no problem if people were saying "he isn't ready " " he isn't what we need" etcΒ 

What I find laughable is people saying with such certainty a young player won't make it and will end up in league one or two after very limited viewingΒ 

It's just my opinion. I believe he is to weak, soft and lacks the bottle to ever make it at a higher level. The amount of times he pulls out of tackles is pathetic . And will end up doing himself harm .

I can't remember a decent game he had for us baring the Cardiff game in the cup .

The odd assist . But for all the hype about him I expected more to be honest.

Β 

Players who are going to make it at the top level have something . Even when young and raw.Β 

For me he just doesn'tΒ 

1 hour ago, gazza1981 said:

Morton has all the tools in his box to make as a holding midfielder for Liverpool. But the problem is he doesn't impose himself on games enough . If he doesn't fix that in his game . He won't make it at Liverpool.Β  He is a much more gifted player than Declan rice.

Morton better than Rice haha cracking joke that

• Like 5

1 hour ago, gazza1981 said:

Morton has all the tools in his box to make as a holding midfielder for Liverpool. But the problem is he doesn't impose himself on games enough . If he doesn't fix that in his game . He won't make it at Liverpool.Β  He is a much more gifted player than Declan rice.

oh yes,thats why rice  sold for 100 million quid and morton is on loan at hull🀣,wahlstedt has more chance of signing for real madrid than morton has at making it at liverpool

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Very good, unlike your man but even he dropped off markedly in the second half of the season.

In fairness to Moran and I agree I was expecting more, but when the team is in a tailspin a 20 year old loan player is hardly the one you expect to take games by the scruff of it's neck.

While they were developing side by side, Brighton had higher hopes for Moran than Evan Ferguson so there must be something about him.Β 

8 hours ago, gazza1981 said:

I wonder if he was Scottish would there be any premier league clubs after him , Don't get me wrong he is a talented player but i don't think he is head and shoulders the most talented player in our team like most here do .

I think Andrew Moran the is best and most talented player in the team . The few times he has played just behind the striker he has looked a class above Wharton.

I think he is a better dribbler than Wharton , better passing range and better finisher and eye for goal. I might be in the minority but I think he has a higher ceiling than Wharton and will make it with a top premier league team unlike Wharton.Β  Its just my opinion though I could be wrong.

Andrew Moran the best and most talented player in the team? WOW, he’s been absolutely useless for weeks! I get he’s young, Β but think that statement is wide of the mark.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Can only be a good thing If it meansΒ  bar of soap hands is a bit nearer to being removed from the fray.

I note Ennis is starting , is there no upper age limit for plying for the "under " 21's?

Maybe they mean Stone?

Oh wait, he still wouldn't get in πŸ™‚

29 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Really coming to something seriously poor if we can't pay Β£500k for a player.

You'd hope its just us trying to be extra stingy andΒ pay in instalments. Hopefully if push came to shove we could pay the full amount but it doesn't bode well haggling over such a small fee

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Georgie Gent has apparently turned a few heads with his performances on loan for Motherwell, so don’t be surprised to see him challenging for the left back spot next season. He’s a couple of years older than Batty, who will probably go out on loan next year anyway. Sounds like we’ve got some good options coming through in that position.

Wasn't he one of the lads we tried to sell in the summer? Surplus to requirements.

Well, gazza1981 has certainly raised a chuckle on my side. Oblique line of questioning and an over-investment in the player’s rep strikes me as a cack-handed attempt to position as some kind of ITK/club-adjacent figure. I’m not sold.

I’ve heard Brighton’s recruitment department is pretty forward-thinking but I would think that hanging out in the transfer thread of a Championship club’s unofficial forum isn’t the best use of your time, in that role.Β 

Christ, we support the club and it’s not the best use of any of our time!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Erased Citizen said:

You'd hope its just us trying to be extra stingy andΒ pay in instalments. Hopefully if push came to shove we could pay the full amount but it doesn't bode well haggling over such a small fee

rovers have offered to pay crewe Β£50 a week in installments and have offered o`riordan a house in shad,a 25 year old vw polo and a free indian takeaway every friday night,negotiations are still ongoing though connor is keen to make the move

• Like 1

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Sigurrdson,Szmodic ,Brittain, Tronstad and Hyam all signed in the last 2 seasonsΒ 

Β 

Only two of those were signed this season, and it’s clearly not enough to mitigate for the departure of senior players.

We are a development club.

I don’t agree with everything Chris Sutton says, but he called it earlier this season.