BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

23 minutes ago, only2garners said:

There was a stat last year I think about how we picked up more points with Gallagher in the team than not.

This season he has played some part in 4 games - 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat, so 7 points. Without him we have picked up 25 points in 22 games. If he had played all games and got the same return we would be in the play-offs right now.

And why is it we're better with Gallagher in? 

See stats like this banded about all the time, but he's not the reason for that stat is he.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

See stats like this banded about all the time, but he's not the reason for that stat is he.

Don't know about better, but apparently we  were more likely to win with him in the team than with him not in the team. I suppose you can accept the fact or ignore it. 

I think the first to come out with it was Rich Sharpe,he was certainly the first person I read. 

11 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

His work rate, pressing and running create space and goal scoring opportunities for those who are more adept at putting the ball in the net such as Sigurdsson and Szmodics. 

Rovers had a similar upturn in results when Dolan was playing as the central striker (6 wins in 8).

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tyrhys-dolan/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/647435/plus/0?saison=2023&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=14&trainer_id=

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

He gets sold for a million now, we then spend nothing - and no senior striker for the rest of the season.

He stays, we get zero, we then spend nothing - but a senior striker for the rest of the season.

It's like we've bought a new striker!

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

He'll probably start him again he seems to let players run themselves into the ground for some reason.

What do you think of Moran's first touch and ability to find space?. What separates the good from the great is their first touch and they always look like they have loads of time on the ball.

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Says much about our current state when the possible return of Gallagher is eagerly anticipated; many fans would have relished an offer of about £1.5 million for him before his injury. Folk forget what a poor player he is and it's not unfair the only positive about him coming back is that he fills a shirt. 

Can't agree more. If the offer of 1.5m is true and on the table, cash in now! 

Although we won't see a penny of that, so on second thoughts yea.....he fills a shirt. 

Did we actually pay 5m for him, I heard it was closer to 3.5 

Edited by Rover_in_the_South

29 minutes ago, gazza1981 said:

What do you think of Moran's first touch and ability to find space?. What separates the good from the great is their first touch and they always look like they have loads of time on the ball.

You’re becoming very repetitive, what don’t you understand? The entire website is telling you Moran is doing “OK”, nothing more and nothing less. I see you’re in Dublin, so I’m assuming there is a vested interest?

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, gazza1981 said:

Good touch and vision when he's on form but he's no Wharton.

• Like 1

I would sell Gallagher for £1.5m if we can reinvested the money and bring in players with it . If we aren't taking Gallagher 12 months contract extension then we need to sell in this window 

I would still like to see us sign another centre defender, centre midfielder to back Tronstad up, Right winger with pace and another striker. 

11 hours ago, Hasta said:

And for some of us, it was blatantly obvious 10 minutes into the second half how that game was starting to go. We started well, got tired, had no plan B, lost. The end.

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 09.15.19.png

and? 

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

The only thing that matters is results.

I want Rovers back in the PL ASAP - the rest is irrelevant bullsh1t.

Sadly, IMO, our club is in such a mess, and is riddled with incompetents from ownership through to management from top to bottom, that in my lifetime, the PL seems the impossible dream.

The happy clappers need to smell the coffee and get a grip on reality.

if being a happy clapper cos I will constantly backed GB, JDT, the players and attend as many matches as I can then so be it. I will never stop believing and support my team and never go against them. simple as. Rovers till I die 

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

If true about the Ipswich offer then it would be madness not to sell him for both financial and football reasons.  IF Gallagher stays, I would not be optimistic about us getting half a dozen games out of him and a mere 2 goals.

Given they play in blue, perhaps they should become Ipswich Rovers with Travis, possibly Gallagher and even Sammie (with his strong family connections in the area) heading that way.  Think the reality is that no one is not for sale!

Szmodics is going nowhere Mercer despite how many times you keep saying we might sell him. 

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

We would be very light in midfield

Would we? We played very similar all season in 4-2-3-1 formation. Szmodics has been outstanding from the 10 role yet you want to change formation and used Szmodics in a different role

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would sell Gallagher for £1.5m if we can reinvested the money and bring in players with it . 

We would all be happy with the first bit if it led to the second bit, but as it won’t he may as well stay.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would sell Gallagher for £1.5m if we can reinvested the money and bring in players with it . If we aren't taking Gallagher 12 months contract extension then we need to sell in this window 

I would still like to see us sign another centre defender, centre midfielder to back Tronstad up, Right winger with pace and another striker. 

All that with 1.5 mil?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would sell Gallagher for £1.5m if we can reinvested the money and bring in players with it .

Come on Chaddy what on earth makes you think we will reinvest that money. 

If it was to happen your looking at a loan player at best.

• Like 3

I'm at the stage where I wouldn't support selling anyone. 

Two reasons

One is our squad cannot get smaller. 

Two is that every penny we raise in sales means less for Venkys to pump in. Less for Venkys to pump in means less pressure on them and easier for them to ignore us.

If there are no sales they can't divert the funds into running costs and instead have to find it themselves or borrow it. If there's truth to the Indian issues that might not be easy so I hold out some faint hope that this will force them out.

Unlikely to happen I accept and more likely they'll direct Broughton to sell everything they can get cash for, but at least where a third party is involved, such as a lender or Court, there's a distant hope of them forcing a collapse in the rotten regime.

£1.5 million or so plus Gallys wages out would do very nicely for that mob I'm sure. Not much good for our stricken squad but they don't care on iota about that little part of things

I'd rather they didn't get a penny and have to find the cash themselves.

For those thinking 'reinvest' don't. Because we won't. 

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 6