BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'm sure the player and his agent have a say in it as well and think about it there must be some protection in it for the club etc.

Something has to trigger a clause surely.

Well no it's similar to the other one year options we had like Dack,Graham etc etc etc ...the clause in the club's favour the club than decide if they want to activate it . 

We had an example with Brererton,if the club hadn't of activated the year extension in his contract,he would have left for free 12 month earlier 

It's normal practice , United had it with a few of there's this year, they can activate a year option in Wan Bassaka and Martial.

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Judge21 said:

Gally is our highest earner, injured a lot annd doesn’t score much as JDT won’t play him as a no9 so for me, sell him.

I think your memory is playing tricks on you. 

Last season Gally played 39 times, 26 as a centre forward, 4 on the wing, and the other 9 from the bench.

This season he has played 6 in total, 3 as a centre forward, and 3 from the bench

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Well no it's similar to the other one year options we had like Dack,Graham etc etc etc ...the clause in the club's favour the club than decide if they want to activate it . 

We had an example with Brererton,if the club hadn't of activated the year extension in his contract,he would have left for free 12 month earlier 

It's normal practice , United had it with a few of there's this year, they can activate a year option in Wan Bassaka and Martial.

Yep, very standard practice, also Nyambe and Rothwell

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Well no you don't know and neither do i.

I wasn't presenting it as fact just assumption that he'd have to play a few games to prove his fitness and it be worthwhile the club triggering it or however it comes about,

Alongside asking the lad if he's still committed which all seems perfectly reasonable to me.

It's all immaterial anyway because at the centre of it all those in the finance dept will want rid whatever.

2 hours ago, JBiz said:

Each to their own, I’d take 1.5m for Sam G

Yes, he’s experienced and he obviously is a better option than Harry et al.

The only problem is, he’s made of cottage cheese. The main position he occupies is the physios bed.

I think Leonard is a better footballer (and will be a better player in time). Gallagher is a bigger athlete. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would like us to sign Swansea forward Liam Cullen. He can play up front as number 9 or wide right. Out of contract in the summer. Would be low fee. 

Might as well keep Gally. Cullen has an even worse goal record (1 in 6, to Gally's 1 in 5).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Might as well keep Gally. Cullen has an even worse goal record (1 in 6, to Gally's 1 in 5).

Cullen does work hard (like Gally), but he has a year option which could be triggered by Swansea at any time (also like Gally) and is apparently in talks over a longer deal with Swansea anyway

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61177/the-case-for-liam-cullen-continues--how-close-is-he-to-a-new-contract-

Edited by KentExile

Not really bothered who might be a better footballer in a few years and who might be worth a few quid, this jam tomorrow attitude will get us relegated.

I just want someone who comes in and makes a contribution and bangs a few in so we don't get dragged into a dogfight which is a real possibility this next few months.  If that person is Sam Gallagher then so be it, turning down 1.5 million is cheap compared to another relegation.

In an ideal world we'd sell him but this isn't an ideal world it's where all the cutbacks have left us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i can`t imagine jdt wanting smzodics sold,if he is sold under orders from the chicken mob expect our manager to hand in his resignation and be out of the building faster than usain bolt

That would be my reaction, having said that the Chicken Chokers couldn’t pay me enough to work for them.

42 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Don't be surprised to see Szmodics sold....

I will be ,cus no premier league team will come in for him in this window and the championship clubs that could afford to pay the fee in January...the parachute clubs don't need him 

Talk of Ipswich buying him not going to happen ,there has been no indication Ipswich are looking to spend that sort of money this month 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JHRover said:

SEG group by the looks of things.

Travis seems to have joined them very recently and thanked them for their help in getting the Ipswich deal done. 

JDT joined them last year. Also on the 'roster' are Kaminski and Tyler Morton.

Think they are quite a big outfit and seem to have Pep Guardiola and numerous United/City/Liverpool people.

Certainly an interesting one though......

Their roster also includes Wahlstedt, Telalovic and former Rovers players in Zeefuik, Trybull, Harlock, plus Morton and Kaminski, as previously mentioned. JDT and Remy too.

Not related to Rovers, but still an interesting read:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25228207/erik-ten-hag-agent-man-utd-academy-transfer/

Edited by SuperBrfc

Listened to Kevin Gallagher on Radio Lancs who said Rovers should sell Sam Gallagher given he is out of contract this summer and we can get fee in which we can sign a replacement who will be here long term for us. Big question is would the fee be reinvested. 

I hope Rovers are seriously looking at Leeds's centre back Charlie Cresswell who was on loan at Millwall and has Championship experience. Plus we need a striker who will score more goals than Gallagher will and be our best striker and lead the line. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Listened to Kevin Gallagher on Radio Lancs who said Rovers should sell Sam Gallagher given he is out of contract this summer and we can get fee in which we can sign a replacement who will be here long term for us. Big question is would the fee be reinvested. 

I hope Rovers are seriously looking at Leeds's centre back Charlie Cresswell who was on loan at Millwall and has Championship experience. Plus we need a striker who will score more goals than Gallagher will and be our best striker and lead the line. 

Have you been following Rovers? 

We don't do reinvestment.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Listened to Kevin Gallagher on Radio Lancs who said Rovers should sell Sam Gallagher given he is out of contract this summer and we can get fee in which we can sign a replacement who will be here long term for us. Big question is would the fee be reinvested

Do you remember the Armstrong sale money? 
No- me neither. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Do you remember the Armstrong sale money? 
No- me neither. 

Yet again, what people need to understand that you can lose only £39m over a 3 year period FFP rules and Rovers lose around £20 per season so Rovers needed to sell Armstrong and the training ground to prevent a Transfer ban/restrictions on signings where the EFL must approve each signing. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yet again, what people need to understand that you can lose only £39m over a 3 year period FFP rules and Rovers lose around £20 per season so Rovers needed to sell Armstrong and the training ground to prevent a Transfer ban/restrictions on signings where the EFL must approve each signing. 

If only we were in that position now as opposed to not being able to make any signings.

• Like 4

Plan A….. bring through youngsters, sell them and reinvest the money into the squad.

If that worked Crewe would have made it to the top division. The money doesn’t get reinvested. As the only plan it’s hopeless.

fall back to Plan B……… stay in the league til things improve. If you could stay in the league at will, nobody would get relegated.

Idiots.

• Like 2