BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Amidst the (totally reasonable) misery and gloom connected to the total s show at Rovers currently.......was reflecting on at least one good decision from GB - to let Dack go.

Saw an article saying he is injured again. A real shame how is career is fizzling out.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ageoftherover said:

I mean, if he got on the pitch, read the game, won some headers and stopped scoring for the opposition we could well be.

Bingo. He's been directly at fault for about 4 goals recently. Clearly doesn't fancy it at the moment - or he's carrying a bad injury.

Either way he's been disgracefully bad.

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Bingo. He's been directly at fault for about 4 goals recently. Clearly doesn't fancy it at the moment - or he's carrying a bad injury.

I think he’s been rushed back from injury too soon (out of necessity). The lad can barely move at times.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Bad as Leo's been, you couldn't say he was at fault for all 4 goals last week. You could make that argument of Hyam.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

I totally agree. It’s very wearing. As you say, with no light at the end of the tunnel and bring on a very slippery slope it is very depressing. 
When one’s mood is governed by the ups and downs of Rovers fortunes it is very difficult. As I have been Rovers fan for 60 years now, I’m starting to feel that for my own well-being, I need to “let go”. But they’re in my blood, so it will be very difficult and may not be possible. 
Rovers consume too large a part of my day for my own good. I feel like Venkies are literally slowly killing me with their actions and attitude, but I know i won’t be able to change and that in itself is even more depressing.

I think that now is the time for Venkies to sell up and go and we’ll just have to live with the consequences. We have to start moving forward again no matter where that starting point eventually is. 

That's me as well. Exactly that.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, roversinmyblood said:

I totally agree. It’s very wearing. As you say, with no light at the end of the tunnel and bring on a very slippery slope it is very depressing. 
When one’s mood is governed by the ups and downs of Rovers fortunes it is very difficult. As I have been Rovers fan for 60 years now, I’m starting to feel that for my own well-being, I need to “let go”. But they’re in my blood, so it will be very difficult and may not be possible. 
Rovers consume too large a part of my day for my own good. I feel like Venkies are literally slowly killing me with their actions and attitude, but I know i won’t be able to change and that in itself is even more depressing. 
I think that now is the time for Venkies to sell up and go and we’ll just have to live with the consequences. We have to start moving forward again no matter where that starting point eventually is. 

I gave it all up when they appointed Coyle. I knew then we would be relegated. I stopped watching us completely, gave up this site etc. The only thing I did was look at the scores at 4-55 pm on Saturday that was it. I did nothing else regarding football and Rovers inspite of being a fanatic since I was about 12. I felt miles better for it.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, phili said:

I think Leonard can develop into a better player but not this season.

He should be used this season coming on for the last 20 mins of games or out on loan.

Ennis so far is a gamble that hasn't paid off and probably will be loaned to a league 1 side and then sold in the summer. With his goal return from last couple of seasons worth a shot but one of those players who can't make the leap up to the physical requirements of the championship sadly.

Gallagher we need to keep as we won't have any of the funds to reinvest in a new player so best to keep what we have and get him fit.

Our wage bill currently is probably down 50% from what it was 2 seasons ago but come the summer, Venky's either need to have solved their tax issues and be ready to invest or sold us to people who will invest. We can't have another season like this one as the squad just isn't there to cope.

6 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think Leonard will go on to have a better career. Telalovic I haven't seen enough of and god knows what happened to the Plymouth version of Ennis - maybe he's just a good L1 player.

If they're not selling Gallagher it's almost certainly to do with having an extra player who can head the ball in our box for set pieces. We're an unbelievably soft touch for any ball in the air at the moment. 

Leonard is still an unknown, he is miles away at the moment from the standard and the jury is out with a player so raw as to whether he will go on and improve massively or struggle to ever establish himself.

With Gallagher, a lot is being made of his ability to head the ball away defensively but he isn't our best striker just for that. You compare him to Leonard, he is much quicker, stronger, more powerful, better in the air and overall even when he doesn't score, and accepting that even then his all round game can frustrate, defenders would have much more of a hard time facing him than Leonard. Goals wise, he will also get more, Leonard does have better movement but is even more wasteful in front of goal.

I am not convinced that Hyam has chucked it in. On his day in a solid team, he is a good defender who reads the game well and is decent on the ball. He isn't the quickest and even last season he was occasionally exposed whenever left one on one, but he was more well protected. He also isn't the most commanding in the air and he has never from memory scored a header for us. He is experienced but doesn't strike me as a leader.

In the current setup, we leave our centre backs one on one regularly exposed one on one. Unless we change tactics, it likely will keep happening that Hyam (and any defenders) will be left in similar situations. I don't think he was fit enough to come back in regularly but such are our lack of numbers, Tomasson felt obliged to and worryingly likely will with Rankin Costello and Gallagher, with risk of another injury and some teething issues as they work their way back.

Ennis going out on loan is a sad indictment on a very poor signing. Not convinced he will play much at Bolton.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am not convinced that Hyam has chucked it in. On his day in a solid team, he is a good defender who reads the game well and is decent on the ball. He isn't the quickest and even last season he was occasionally exposed whenever left one on one, but he was more well protected. He also isn't the most commanding in the air and he has never from memory scored a header for us. He is experienced but doesn't strike me as a leader.

In the current setup, we leave our centre backs one on one regularly exposed one on one. Unless we change tactics, it likely will keep happening that Hyam (and any defenders) will be left in similar situations. I don't think he was fit enough to come back in regularly but such are our lack of numbers, Tomasson felt obliged to and worryingly likely will with Rankin Costello and Gallagher, with risk of another injury and some teething issues as they work their way back.

Ennis going out on loan is a sad indictment on a very poor signing. Not convinced he will play much at Bolton.

Bolton play 5-3-2, so would imagine Ennis would partner Dion Charles

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Leonard is still an unknown, he is miles away at the moment from the standard and the jury is out with a player so raw as to whether he will go on and improve massively or struggle to ever establish himself.

With Gallagher, a lot is being made of his ability to head the ball away defensively but he isn't our best striker just for that. You compare him to Leonard, he is much quicker, stronger, more powerful, better in the air and overall even when he doesn't score, and accepting that even then his all round game can frustrate, defenders would have much more of a hard time facing him than Leonard. Goals wise, he will also get more, Leonard does have better movement but is even more wasteful in front of goal.

Gallagher has a worse first touch and worse movement than Leonard.

As I've said he's a bigger, better athlete.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversinmyblood said:

Same here.

One of my Rovers supporting mates, a fan for nearly 50 years told me he had to stop going because it was making him too angry and depressed.

I guess we can all take the natural ebb and flow of football fortune, but this is an abuse.

Well, I f***** hate Venky's and all their works and pomps..

(Once a Catholic lol)

• Like 4

In fairness to Ennis he has only started 3 league games all season, the other 6-7 appearances are 15-20 min runouts in a handful of games we were mainly losing.

He hasnt shown anything to get us thinking he will be a world beater but I would defo be keeping him in the squad given the fact he is the only other striker with any experience alongside Gallagher.

• Like 1