BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 minute ago, Polky said:

He would have been a brilliant signing.

It was all agreed between the clubs but Undav wanted to stay and fight for his place at Brighton.

He went on to make 22 appearances and scored 5 premier league goals. You can’t really put the blame on GB for him not signing.

Of course you can. The fact Undav travelled up to meet Rovers suggests he was seriously considering joining. After he met us, he decided to stop and fight for his place. We clearly didn’t ’sell the club’.

• Like 4

@chaddyrovers we all know you are mad keen on Rovers and all things Rovers but, frankly, I think some of your postings over the last couple of pages are fantasy Island stuff.

IMO, we are financially goosed and operating in a straitjacket.  We might as well fire the entire recruitment department as I think we would only be able to spend button's even if we sold Sammie, Carter and Gallagher.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Of course you can. The fact Undav travelled up to meet Rovers suggests he was seriously considering joining. After he met us, he decided to stop and fight for his place. We clearly didn’t ’sell the club’.

Fair enough, wasn’t aware he actually met with the club. I thought it was agreed and then the player told Brighton no. 

He would have played virtually every game until the end of the season. So I wonder what he was told to make him turn us down? 

36 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Something tells me that, if it costs £150 to be a mascot and you have to provide your own kit & players aren’t allowed to swap shirts, or they get fined, our transfer budget will be buttons….

There were 8 mascots yesterday so that's £1200 in the pot.

55 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

It wouldn't surprise me, if Szmodics was sold, a couple of hours before the  transfer window is closed ..Adam Wharton, I don't think will be sold before summer...Then it might depend which Division we are in ..

It'll be League 1 if Szmodics is sold this month. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Ferguson got injured which meant he had a much better chance of Brighton first team football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

What if the judge asks why we haven’t tried to raise money (through player sales) over the past three weeks?

If we're met with that question I guess the answer will be exactly the same as the excuse that will be given for not bringing anyone in - I.e.

"We tried our best and thought we had a couple of deals over the line but the January window is very difficult"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Whether we did or didn't meet him you can't give anyone credit for players that don't actually end up here!!

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If we're met with that question I guess the answer will be exactly the same as the excuse that will be given for not bringing anyone in - I.e.

"We tried our best and thought we had a couple of deals over the line but the January window is very difficult"

Is the main issue stopping us signing players not that each deal needs ratifying through the budget slashing owners amidst these supposed government issues? Will the blame still lie closer to home for you?

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

I see Undav has hit 9 goals in 15 Bundesliga games this season. 
That was a huge turning point in our fortunes this time last year when he met Broughton and GB failed to convince him to come. He’d have got a bagful in our league.

Would have been a brilliant signing and at least got us top 6 finish and playoff place

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Not a chance we will see much of that money.

Rajovic is a cart horse whilst we aren't getting knocked over in the rush for O'Riordan which tells you something.

He has 8 goals this season in the championship. He knows how to score goals

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

@chaddyrovers we all know you are mad keen on Rovers and all things Rovers but, frankly, I think some of your postings over the last couple of pages are fantasy Island stuff.

IMO, we are financially goosed and operating in a straitjacket.  We might as well fire the entire recruitment department as I think we would only be able to spend button's even if we sold Sammie, Carter and Gallagher.

Yes I am mad Rovers and Rovers till I die. Its my opinion and I stand by it. 

29 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If Szmodics stays as well.

Who else is going to score any?

Adam Wharton scored yesterday

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is the main issue stopping us signing players not that each deal needs ratifying through the budget slashing owners amidst these supposed government issues? Will the blame still lie closer to home for you?

You seem to be having a hard time following anything that's going on at the moment.

Whilst the budget cuts are being enforced on the owners, the fault lies with them for spending money on things they shouldn't have done in the first place and I've said that more than once.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I quite like Dolan but he hasnt kicked on as well as I expected.

Do we want to?

Based on recent history, if the options are extend his deal or let him join a rival for free we can pretty much guarantee he’s playing for Boro next year. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

Based on recent history, if the options are extend his deal or let him join a rival for free we can pretty much guarantee he’s playing for Boro next year. 

I don't think Dolan would get in a rivals team.

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You seem to be having a hard time following anything that's going on at the moment.

Whilst the budget cuts are being enforced on the owners, the fault lies with them for spending money on things they shouldn't have done in the first place and I've said that more than once.

You are suggesting that the fault of this window lies with Waggott and co and that they are making excuses for not getting signings in. Surely the issue lies with the issues in India, not Waggott and co?

I dont think we would have spent much if anything anyway. For a start, before these cuts came in Tomasson mentioned it was a summer of frees and loans. In the last 4 summers, we spent about 4m last season which was reasonable but they prevented the further reinvestment of potentially selling Brereton. (and Rothwell 6 montbs prior. The summer before, we sold Armstrong for loads of money and they allowed only a nominal fee for Edun. The summer before, we barely spent anything, about 500k on Kaminski. You like to make out as if they spend 20m a summer as a competitive advantage, when they do what basically all championship owners have to do and offset losses simply because Championship clubs spend more than they generate. The current squad is not just so thin based on cuts for this season, money hasnt been spent on the team in a while.