BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

30 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It doesn't really benefit Brentford unless they made more out of it as a result of a loan fee. I don't mean in terms of how that impacts the sell-on clause, simply if Arsenal were willing to pay a little bit more to avoid FFP implications.

It helps Arsenal as it puts another relatively large fee into a different window. 

It would do the same thing for Brentford it would do for Arsenal - kick the payment down the line. If they're confident in passing FFP in this period without that injection, it makes sense to receive the payment later to shore them up for future FFP cycles. And it probably did also impact the sell on clause and save them a little.

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Wahlstedt out on Loan? 

That's what it sounds like to me, if it's true. I wouldn't mind that, bringing in an experienced keeper on loan and sending Leo to League One whilst he adjusts to English football. Or abroad, to see if it can tempt buyers or restore his confidence.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

That's what it sounds like to me, if it's true. I wouldn't mind that, bringing in an experienced keeper on loan and sending Leo to League One whilst he adjusts to English football. Or abroad, to see if it can tempt buyers or restore his confidence.

I'd prefer Leo on loan, than festering on our bench.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Yeah, just reading more into it, sounds like he’s close to signing for Cardiff…o well.

• Like 1

I think links like this are just fantasising for me. We don't have the resources.

We'd all be better served focusing our thoughts and energy on how to rid the club of the owners.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It doesn't really benefit Brentford unless they made more out of it as a result of a loan fee. I don't mean in terms of how that impacts the sell-on clause, simply if Arsenal were willing to pay a little bit more to avoid FFP implications.

It helps Arsenal as it puts another relatively large fee into a different window. 

Surely they need to put it into a different accounting period.

Their year end is 31st May so it would be odd if they make the signing permanent this month.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Yeah, just reading more into it, sounds like he’s close to signing for Cardiff…o well.

If there’s any truth in it whatsoever at least it shows they know our goalkeeping department is weak

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

Some clubs doing some really good business this window, most notably Hull and Millwall. Meanwhile, we have signed two teenagers on load and are looking in the bargain basement of the lower leagues of Europe.

We are on a very fast trajectory towards league one at the moment. Downgrading the squad every window now and the budget being cut at every turn. Sad times for this great club.

i think you could be correct😥there will be more outgoings than incomings by 1st feb and there will be an undoubted firesale for the remaining players of value in the summer

22 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i think you could be correct😥there will be more outgoings than incomings by 1st feb and there will be an undoubted firesale for the remaining players of value in the summer

25 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Some clubs doing some really good business this window, most notably Hull and Millwall. Meanwhile, we have signed two teenagers on loan and are looking in the bargain basement of the lower leagues of Europe.

We are on a very fast trajectory towards league one at the moment. Downgrading the squad every window now and the budget being cut at every turn. Sad times for this great club.

Personally I'm loving it. It is clear that the only way to dislodge the rats that infest this club below decks is to sink the flaming thing and watch them scuttle off with their sorry wet arses handed to them.

Venkys - £200 plus million down the drain. Hooray!

Steve Waggott - £300k salary gone in a flash. Hooray!

Baldy bright eyed bloke - back to a day job washing spuds and scouting for planters. Hooray!

Crap marketing man - back to school you bereft of business brains buffoon. Hooray!!

JDT - off to rebuild his reputation after suffering a rude awakening having dared to dream for this club but being treated as collateral damage for the whims and egos of the hidden ones.  Boooo! 

Fans of BRFC - once again able to make eye contact with counterparts of other footballing persuasions after years of embarrassed foot shuffling and hiding in the shadows. HOO-FOOKING RAY!!!

I don't care if we are playing in the West Lancaster League - I will still get all misty eyed about the blue & white, cos I'm Rovers till I die.

Now, where's that hole punch and lump hammer??.....

Edited by Old Codger
Crabtree till I die, Rounder that a pie, I know I am, I drive a van I'm Crabtree till I die
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Personally I'm loving it. It is clear that the only way to dislodge the rats that infest this club below decks is to sink the flaming thing and watch them scuttle off with their sorry wet arses handed to them.

Venkys - £200 plus million down the drain. Hooray!

Steve Waggott - £300k salary gone in a flash. Hooray!

Baldy bright eyed bloke - back to a day job washing spuds and scouting for planters. Hooray!

Crap marketing man - back to school you bereft of business brains buffoon. Hooray!!

JDT - off to rebuild his reputation after suffering a rude awakening having dared to dream for this club but being treated as collateral damage for the whims and egos of the hidden ones.  Boooo! 

Fans of BRFC - once again able to make eye contact with counterparts of other footballing persuasions after years of embarrassed foot shuffling and hiding in the shadows. HOO-FOOKING RAY!!!

I don't care if we are playing in the West Lancaster League - I will still get all misty eyed about the blue & white, cos I'm Rovers till I die.

Now, where's that hole punch and lump hammer??.....

This club will be re-born again at some point but not in the near future unfortunately. I can't see Venky's selling and I don't see anyone buying either. Really is a tough situation we are in. But we stick with the club through thick and thin.

I would say I can't see us being linked to a keeper but nothing surprises me no more. To spend the chunk of what we had on walhstedt to then loan him out 6 months later heads should roll. He needed taking out the firing line and with pears returning to No1 has done that. 

I just can’t see how the Wahlstedt thing happened. There’s no way he could have been properly scouted. From day one he looked very questionable on crosses. Surely that would have been spotted if any scouting was done.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I just can’t see how the Wahlstedt thing happened. There’s no way he could have been properly scouted. From day one he looked very questionable on crosses. Surely that would have been spotted if any scouting was done.

He's been terrible. But I believe he was brought in as second choice before being thrown to the wolves. If Pears had stayed fit, he would have had to prove himself in training and probably would have failed to do so - or he would have gotten a few games and then been replaced again if his confidence had gone. He's highly regarded in Norway and although he was probably better in the 2022 season than in 2023.

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

Some clubs doing some really good business this window, most notably Hull and Millwall. Meanwhile, we have signed two teenagers on loan and are looking in the bargain basement of the lower leagues of Europe.

They did the same too us , when we got relegated from the Premier League, in fact they tried their best the season before!!

Nothing new for Venkys !

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Wahlstedt was about to sign for Bröndby and we hijacked the deal....he could go on for European football instead he choosed to come and try it in England ....

Somebody at Brondby , should be sacked too....

The obvious thing to me is his stature, he ain't big enough! 

5 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Somebody at Brondby , should be sacked too....

The obvious thing to me is his stature, he ain't big enough! 

I met him down at Brockhall, just after he signed. He towered over me, I’d have him as minimum 6ft 3 / 6ft 4 so certainly tall enough and much taller than Pears.