BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Just now, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Yes Gally had a good game today but generally not suited to the championship and or JDT style, if we can get both the lad from Swansea and the lad from Orlando in exchange for Gally, I would do the deal.. 

Jerry Yates and the lad from Orlando would look to be the best we can do under the present circumstances. Well I'd hope that's the case. We won't get that much for Gallagher again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M_B said:

The obvious thing to do with Gallagher is the one nobody is mentioning, just give him a 2 year extension. It's by far the most sensible option. 

Doesn't fit with the strategy of getting all the highest wages out of the club. 

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

The obvious thing to do with Gallagher is the one nobody is mentioning, just give him a 2 year extension. It's by far the most sensible option. 

Just tell Ipswich 2.5 million or do one then let his extra 12 month kick in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

I imagine that 2 year extension would come with a wage increase, to an already high wage. So not sensible considering we won't get that level of performance in the Championship week in week out. He seems to be getting ever more injury prone, and we'll never see £2m again.

Obviously that comes with the caveat that we get to use the £2m and the wages saved to sign a replacement/replacements.

• Like 1

Still waiting to see JDT's '3 experienced signings' he announced he wanted last week.

Of course we who have been paying attention to events at Venky Rovers know how the routine goes by now.

There will be at least one sale, possibly more than one, and millions on millions of pounds coming in as a result. 

We will be lucky to make any signings the other way, if we do they will probably be loans, or at best a couple of cheap permanent buys. 90%+ of the transfer cash is never seen again.

We then get the stories about how we 'had' to sell Gallagher due to his contract, allegedly not wanting to be here or his wages (strange how no such issues for those clubs after him), and then it will be the usual 'FFP cycle' excuses for why we never see the Wharton cash.

They'll play us like fiddles. Many will fall for it and insist to their mates that they know best.

In the end it is just Waggott and Pasha getting a big well done and pat on the back (+bonus) for ensuring Venkys don't have to worry about injecting any cash next year and in one swoop earning themselves another few years on the never ending gravy train whilst they find the next few to develop and flog. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, booth said:

I imagine that 2 year extension would come with a wage increase, to an already high wage. So not sensible considering we won't get that level of performance in the Championship week in week out. He seems to be getting ever more injury prone, and we'll never see £2m again.

Obviously that comes with the caveat that we get to use the £2m and the wages saved to sign a replacement/replacements.

We'll get nowhere near Gallagher's quality with £2 million, the replacement may want some wages as well I'm guessing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, M_B said:

We'll get nowhere near Gallagher's quality with £2 million, the replacement may want some wages as well I'm guessing.

£2m + a percentage of Gallagher's wages available.

Jerry Yates? I'd say that's an upgrade and I also think he'd be better suited to JDT's system.

• Like 1

Sounds like we are in a race for McGuire. A left field option, I would hope another gamble like this would not be a direct replacement for Gallagher, but I doubt we would be able to afford him if not. If we could have Gallagher (or Yates, so someone who is proven as a decent option at this level) then someone like McGuire and also Dolan as an option up top, then we could also afford to loan out Leonard as well as either Ennis or Telalovic and look stronger there.

Screenshot_20240130-012415_X.jpg

42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not sure theres much in it between Yates and Gallagher, and it would probably take more than any fee for Gallagher to get him. Yates struggles as a loan striker whereas Gallagher can do that role more effectively.

He scored 15 goals in his last season for Blackpool, which was a poor team and got relegated. As a Rovers player Gallagher has managed a maximum of 9, once.

He's not having a great season according to Swansea fans, yet he's their top goalscorer with 7 so far. Some of them say he doesn't seem to have settled. They want rid.

He's always looked a much better player than Gallagher to me, quicker reactions, getting on the end of crosses and willing to take a crack from outside of the box. I think under JDT, and with Szmodics he'd flourish.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Sounds like we are in a race for McGuire. A left field option, I would hope another gamble like this would not be a direct replacement for Gallagher, but I doubt we would be able to afford him if not. If we could have Gallagher (or Yates, so someone who is proven as a decent option at this level) then someone like McGuire and also Dolan as an option up top, then we could also afford to loan out Leonard as well as either Ennis or Telalovic and look stronger there.

Screenshot_20240130-012415_X.jpg

Didn't someone say we were looking to sign two, to replace Gallagher (if he goes) and Ennis (who will be sent on loan)?

• Like 1

From what I understand...

Thursday is probably going to be manic.

Multiple ins and outs currently in the pipeline - mostly loans.

Gally will not get a new deal so we probably said goodbye tonight. Ipswich can go higher if they want to gamble on hanging onto 2nd place.

I am saying manic because there are no done deals and a few chains of X happens if Y and/or Z which is why I am suggesting Thursday. So could easily be crazy behind the scenes with zero transactions completed come Friday morning.

Two completely different scenarios in play depending if someone (Everton but particularly Newcastle looking at you) hits Venkys magic Adam number and I have no idea what it is today. The hearing in March is complicating  mattees. The FA Cup draw gives Newcastle the added need for insurance against Adam dumping them out...

The cash restrictions are really hurting our ability to take a risk and be first movers to break a chain...

Edited by philipl
  • Like 3