BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We desperately need another quality midfielder and we cannot under any circumstances not address it. Wharton was a key component of our team and leaves a huge hole.

JRC is needed at RB even more with Brittain out. Buckley is injured, Chrisene is our only fit left back and has he ever played in midfield? Ayari is an attacking midfielder and Garrett isnt ready. Weve also cleverly allowed our captain out on loan.

Yes there are quite a few seemingly hanging their hat on Buckley and whilst he has something to offer - albeit he's never shown it enough - he's just a body to add numbers.

In a specific role like Wharton he's not up to tying Ad's boot laces i'm afraid.

• Like 1

Disappointed that Wharton is leaving. Desperately need to sign a replacement unless a big change in tactics is coming. Garrett and Buckley are not fit to lace his boots. Also, the mentioned fee is a bit disappointing for a player with Wharton's potential, but of course other clubs know that they can take advantage of our financial situation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Yes there are quite a few seemingly hanging their hat on Buckley and whilst he has something to offer - albeit he's never shown it enough - he's just a body to add numbers.

In a specific role like Wharton he's not up to tying Ad's boot laces i'm afraid.

Hes an injured player who wasnt making the team and was subsequently sent to a botton 3 side and couldnt get in their team.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

£22m for your young prodigy sounds good. At a normal club.

Well £22m plus the potential to receive another £20m if he makes a huge move in future is good.

£22m in total is a terrible deal. Has there been any word about a potential sell on clause?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yankfan said:

How many player in on loan now?  Siggy, Moran, Chrisene, Nat?  Plugging the holes with the 5 loaned is like having 7 holes in your boat and only 5 fingers to put in them. Eventually you’re going to sink. 

Siggy ?

3 minutes ago, yankfan said:

How many player in on loan now?  Siggy, Moran, Chrisene, Nat?  Plugging the holes with the 5 loaned is like having 7 holes in your boat and only 5 fingers to put in them. Eventually you’re going to sink. 

Siggy signed permanently.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Fat chance of that happening 😳

I dunno, if they've got 600k to bid for someone else then I'd think the only stumbling block is the wages. We've likely put Ennis on too much for a League One side to match, especially over a four year deal.

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Again I am not saying he has done excellent but he hasn't been totally shit and the circumstances he came to the club under have changed, including his budget.Some of ye expect to turn water into wine.Nobody in the championship Is challenging with the budget he had.And no centre forward that cost 300 grand is banging them in either 

Will Keane has 9 goals for Preston this season signed for a nominal fee rumoured to have been around £50K. Given he has been loaned out by Huddersfield I would imagine £300K would have been more than enough to get Jordan Rhodes he might well be 33 but I would still be backing him to outscore Telaovic & Ennis. Alfie May who scored 43 goals in the last two seasons in League 1 (for comparison Ennis manged 15 in a far better team) moved to Charlton for £250K where he already has 16 goals in a very average team. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

Will Keane has 9 goals for Preston this season signed for a nominal fee rumoured to have been around £50K. Given he has been loaned out by Huddersfield I would imagine £300K would have been more than enough to get Jordan Rhodes he might well be 33 but I would still be backing him to outscore Telaovic & Ennis. Alfie May who scored 43 goals in the last two seasons in League 1 (for comparison Ennis manged 15 in a far better team) moved to Charlton for £250K where he already has 16 goals in a very average team. 

Let's go all out for Miles Leaburn from Charlton.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Really we want to be signing McGuire and then a good, top level Championship midfielder for about £5m range for about £15k a week on a 4 year deal. That's how you reinvest the money from Wharton. Won't happen though

I don't think you'd be able to find a top level Championship midfielder who would take 15k a week to come here. Nor a £5 million player who would only want 15k a week. Even if we stump up funds, wages will prevent us getting the finished article.

• Like 2

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Yep. I could understand people saying I was being harsh if he'd brought in one or maybe two who'd played regularly but been a bit disappointing but he's brought in THREE who haven't scored a League goal between them! As I said the other week if he'd been deliberately signing players to fail he couldn't have done better.

Sorry to hear about your daughter BTW.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Rather think she's got more taste than that.

Beats me why people stick up for him. He has no previous experience as a DOF,  his recruitment has been absolutely dire AND he oversaw the transfer window debacle 12 months ago.

Seems as though because he isn't Venky's or Waggott people will gladly take anything short of Attilla the Hun in comparison.

It's his first job as a DoF and he's fully qualified for the role - everyone has to start somewhere and this was his next logical progression.

His recruitment has been good considering his budget - unless you're one of those nutters that doesn't attribute the Championship's (and FA Cup's) top goal scorer and the 2022/23 Player of the Season to him...

• Like 2

Broughton has done an okay job. Nothing amazing, and not a disaster which are the extremes often discussed on here. Very similar to almost every other club in Football.

Szmodics - obviously a big yes please

Trondstad - almost all of us agree we like the look of him

Hyam - has some limitations, but a solid enough championship defender for sure, would look good with a big presence next to him

Brittain, Moran, Hill, Sigurdsson, Morton, Thomas - nothing amazing but none are shocking, would all make our squad, Moran should step up to the level above in time, Sigurdsson looking good on paper but needs to deliver more.

Wahlstedt, Ennis, Mola, Telalovic, Hirst - The worst of his bunch, the worrying part is 3 of them are strikers. They are barrel scrappers though with no budget.

Chrisene, Ayari - No idea yet

It's just a mixed bag, nobody can argue with that. He's had his hands tied, and I think the only big negative on him is his failure to bring in a striker (and the O'Brien stuff though I'm sure multiple people are to blame there). Other than that it's fairly as expected.

He's also not scared to move out players on bigger wages who aren't at a promotion standard like Buckley and Travis (yes people will say he's moved to 2nd place in the league but he is not a Top 6 player and his lack of appearances now will confirm this in due course) and then moving on the younger lads who are miles off it like Markanday, Butterworth and Vale on loans. We're not in the days of Mowbray extending Elliott Bennetts contract and playing him full back because he's one of the lads.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 4

Come the end of the season , I suspect we will avoid relegation but only just ..

Season ticket renewals will be down considerably after this lastest Venky stunt ! But Waggott and Co won.t give a shit 

it is all part of their game to run the club into the ground...

We need Administration asap !!!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Just messaged Buckley. Said he's a few weeks away 

Ask him if any shifty looking characters are hanging around Brockhall with a 20something in a tracksuit in tow - you'd be our new ITK.