BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Orlando messing about now. Duncan McGuire posted half an hour ago and he’s still in Mexico!!

IMG_5831.png

Nasty MLS rules stopping our star striker signing we were definitely going to sign! This is just like o brien all over again

12 minutes ago, yankfan said:

On loan until his current contract expires, no? 

Technically I think that's still true yes. We signed him to a pre-contract but I didn't hear anything about CSKA agreeing to him leaving now. Can't imagine they'd want more than a token fee though to transfer him now (might be something a shrewd DOF would consider if we need to free up an extra loan space in the squad).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Technically I think that's still true yes. We signed him to a pre-contract but I didn't hear anything about CSKA agreeing to him leaving now. Can't imagine they'd want more than a token fee though to transfer him now (might be something a shrewd DOF would consider if we need to free up an extra loan space in the squad).

Am I imagining things? I thought we made him permanent to much fan fare before New year and he has been paraded as a new signing even though he was already here.

7 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Orlando messing about now. Duncan McGuire posted, on instagram, half an hour ago and he’s still in Mexico!!

IMG_5831.png

Why are they messing about? They're entitled to reject any offer they're not happy with. 

If we really want him we should stop pissing about, offer what they want and get the deal done. If not look elsewhere and fast.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why are they messing about? They're entitled to reject any offer they're not happy with. 

If we really want him we should stop pissing about, offer what they want and get the deal done. If not look elsewhere and fast.

quite clear we will have the cash so stop pissing around if he's the one they want make it happen.

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Am I imagining things? I thought we made him permanent to much fan fare before New year and he has been paraded as a new signing even though he was already here.

I was getting Mandela effect vibes so I'm glad other people are saying he's signed a contract.

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You don't understand, if a club rejects our offer then they're messing us about, but we're perfectly entitled to reject offers for our players

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Hang on now, a reporter stated we were on the verge of signing him for 2.3m? Since then it’s changed to Sheffield Wednesday out bidding us and now they obviously want more…I’m just going of what journalists are spouting, don’t shoot the messenger.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That’s not how transfers work in a lot of our fans heads. As soon as a club from a higher division/level comes in you are duty bound to arbitrarily find an example of a player of a similar profile that went for a similar amount and proclaim it a fair price. The selling team should in no way consider the impact of losing the player on the teams performance. The purpose of a football club is to develop and improve players for others these days, apparently.

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

How do I mute Rev?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

That’s not how transfers work in a lot of our fans heads. As soon as a club from a higher division/level comes in you are duty bound to arbitrarily find an example of a player of a similar profile that went for a similar amount and proclaim it a fair price. The selling team should in no way consider the impact of losing the player on the teams performance. The purpose of a football club is to develop and improve players for others these days, apparently.

When a player is on the “verge of joining” a club to me that is all but agreed. 

It’s either reporters telling lies or Orlando messing us about.

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Or - and I think this might be the case - an agent giving details to press long before they’re actually supposed to.

”Yeah, definitely looking like it’s done.”

If agents are anything like music managers, there are only very few, very bright ones.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Just reporters exaggerating how close the deal was probably.  I thought it had been reported that us and Sheff Wed had originally submitted equal sized offers (probably structured differently) but then that Sheff Wed had moved ahead with a slightly bigger offer.

Didn't mean to shoot the messenger, sorry.