BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

I can’t see how anyone can be looking at our squad without Adam and saying we don’t need a centre midfielder. I think it might even be more important than a striker at this point. 

We 💯 need one, but when JRC was fit and playing in the middle Wharton was on the bench. Wonder if the thought is JRC is the replacement 

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

I can’t see how anyone can be looking at our squad without Adam and saying we don’t need a centre midfielder. I think it might even be more important than a striker at this point. 

Louie Sibley or Max Bird would do 👍

• Like 1

All this loan now with buy in the summer stinks of spending the £5m from Raya we’re getting in the summer while the Wharton cash goes straight into the black hole. 
Let’s be honest, we should be spending £15m of that £27m at least across various positions. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, J*B said:

Unless they have decided JRC will be playing that role but we would definitely need a RB then 

In fairness we did show some good form when Costello was in the midfield 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, superniko said:

All this loan now with buy in the summer stinks of spending the £5m from Raya we’re getting in the summer while the Wharton cash goes straight into the black hole. 
Let’s be honest, we should be spending £15m of that £27m at least across various positions. 

27?

12 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Seems like a good way of doing it to me.

Try before you buy, if they’re shite send them back - however if they’re good, they’re bedded in and ready for a promotion push next season 👌🏻

More to do with the finances possibly, Loan a couple now and if they're any good and restrictions are removed in summer buy then.

If they're not removed we can send them back.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

More to do with the finances possibly, Loan a couple now and if they're any good and restrictions are removed in summer buy then.

If they're not removed we can send them back.

The risk with that is other clubs see they’re good and gazump us in summer.

10 minutes ago, BRFCethan said:

27?

£22m Wharton + £5m Raya sell on - appreciate nobody knows all the details of when the Wharton money will arrive but we’ve got £27m coming in before we even sell Dolan or Gallagher over the next few windows

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

We're very well stocked for cenre halves now. Just the odd five.

Spending big money on another one would be ridiculous imo given the gaps in other areas.

Still no decent striker, subject to whether the US lad comes in and hits the ground running, no pace on either flank, very light in central midfield after the departures of Travis and Wharton, no decent LB, questions over the keepers etc etc

• Like 1

Brekalo for the money mentioned (£3m) is good business. Preferably should be turning 24 and not 26 this year, if we want to make a profit on him, but he's a good defender with the right mentality. Can easily double our money in a year on him.

We have enough versatile players to plug a hole or two in the interim of players coming back from injury, but certainly wouldn't mind a central midfielder next. And a goalkeeper would be a plus too but that ain't happening. 

Who's getting excited LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

Brekalo for the money mentioned (£3m) is good business. Preferably should be turning 24 and not 26 this year, if we want to make a profit on him, but he's a good defender with the right mentality. Can easily double our money in a year on him.

We have enough versatile players to plug a hole or two in the interim of players coming back from injury, but certainly wouldn't mind a central midfielder next. And a goalkeeper would be a plus too but that ain't happening. 

Who's getting excited LOL

What do you mean, we can get a good 11 years out of him from 26 😄

• Like 3