BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

We'll read all about it in his autobiography in ten years time. Send the yank back to America if it means Wharton is staying. 

Hope the 'snag' was he wanted a clause inserted saying Rovers can buy him back for the same price if we're promoted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRevAshton said:

It's possible, sure...

But nah, I think it's probably quite obvious...

The kid is moving out of his family home to go to London alone, he'll be at the opposite end of the country... he's only 19! It's likely that he's been pushed out of the Club that he adores, against his will, where he's played at since he was 6 alongside his big brother.

The poor lad has probably had an emotional meltdown, and I wouldn't blame him.

This is what we need, rampant speculation...You haven't a clue what he might be thinking or what went on last night.

Could just as easily say, he's 19, might have asked them to throw in £100k FIFA points last minute...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheRevAshton said:

It's possible, sure...

But nah, I think it's probably quite obvious...

The kid is moving out of his family home to go to London alone, he'll be at the opposite end of the country... he's only 19! It's likely that he's been pushed out of the Club that he adores, against his will, where he's played at since he was 6 alongside his big brother.

The poor lad has probably had an emotional meltdown, and I wouldn't blame him.

The lad is going to quadruple his wage and be playing premier league football!! You are making out he’s being sent to fight on the Gaza Strip 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, philipl said:

Andy Bayes

The latest, as I understand it is that the Wharton transfer came close to collapse last night. That had a knock on effect to potential incomings at Blackburn.
The Wharton deal appears to be back on and close to completion & Blackburn can get on with recruitment

There is a certain training ground loan that needs to be repaid as well as funds to the end of the season.

Max we will do today will be an incoming loan.

• Like 1

If it is Palace dragging their feet then pull the deal If it's going to stop us from recruiting. They've had a month or even years considering how long they've scouted him. 

Cockney tw*ts.

• Like 2

What I've learned in the past 12 hours is that everyone is full of anger on here (understandably so) and that we all have no real clue what's going on and more importantly nor do most of the ITKs. There were so many rumours flying around and everything just gets regurgitated in a hope that someone is more right than the other ITK.

It seems like the reality was that the Wharton deal didn't go through last night as expected and this caused knock on issues for other deals for Rovers and other clubs that. This is normal part of football and I imagine will happen a lot today. 

I'm gutted to see Wharton leave but it was inevitable and is the model the club has been upfront about. Gregg & co. know the pressure is on them big time to deliver. Not just from the fans but JDT too. I'm feeling confident that we'll get some deals done today now that Wharton deal looks to be finalised shortly. Whether they're the right deals, I guess we'll ignore the ITKs and wait and see who signs the contracts (correctly).

Edited by Tim Southampton Rover
spelling mistake
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, phili said:

There is a certain training ground loan that needs to be repaid as well as funds to the end of the season.

Max we will do today will be an incoming loan.

And they didn't know that before bidding and agreeing a fee for a player?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

Adam signed Scotts name on the contract instead of his own

No doubt some of the wannabe ITK's will have picked up on this post and put it out there as "my sources tell me.....".

🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Ok Elliott....but you've fallen for the "look at the shiny" trick. The replacements, what about the replacements??

Whilst I shouldn't feel sorry for the local reporter who brings next to no insider info. This lad clearly spends his day scrolling twitter for his info and clearly has no "in" at all. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tim Southampton Rover said:

What I've learned in the past 12 hours is that everyone is full of anger on here (understandably so) and that we all have no real clue what's going on and more importantly nor do most of the ITKs. There were so many rumours flying around and everything just gets regurgitated in a hope that someone is more right than the other ITK.

It seems like the reality was that the Wharton deal didn't go through last night as expected and this caused knock on issues for other deals for Rovers and other clubs that. This is normal part of football and I imagine will happen a lot today. 

I'm gutted to see Wharton leave but it was inevitable and is the model the club has been upfront about. Gregg & co. know the pressure is on them big time to deliver. Not just from the fans but JDT too. I'm feeling confident that we'll get some deals done today now that Wharton deal looks to be finalised shortly. Whether they're the right deals, I guess we'll ignore the ITKs and wait and see who signs the contracts (correctly).

whoa whoa whoa, don't go throwing around a reasonable explanation, we want wild speculation and hystrionics!

• Like 3

With no speculation intended on the Adam Wharton deal.

He lives with his parents, he has been with the club since the age of six, he is a fan, as are his family and his brother who also plays for the club. He is aged nineteen and has only played on a regular basis in senior football for about 1 year.

Suddenly he is thrust into the limelight and he knows only too well that the money coming into the club is pretty important at this moment in time. He is also faced with finding a home in London and will need to adjust to life in the capital.

I would imagine that caused an element of doubt in his own mind and also the mind of his parents, so perhaps they were unsure if this was the right thing to do and understandably perhaps stood back to reflect.

From what little I do know, his brother has the same agent and is trusted by the family, so a bit of hesitation all round was highly likely to be the issue and who can blame them.

Gutted as I am, all the very best to Adam, show the premier league and the world wide audience, what you can do.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, cesus said:

Whilst I shouldn't feel sorry for the local reporter who brings next to no insider info. This lad clearly spends his day scrolling twitter for his info and clearly has no "in" at all. 

I suspect he does have an in, but is stuck between needing to report on things and needing to keep lines open, so reporting in a way that the club don’t want him to would jeopardise his livelihood.

Having said that, much as I like Elliott Jackson, he doesn’t help himself with the fanbase, sometimes.

The glaring thing is no significant/explicit update on the McGuire deal. Either the club are saying, “bear with us, we’re working on it,” or aren’t willing to comment.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Very sceptical about this.  Okay, so the Wharton deal may have been stalling, I'm not going to speculate on that for the minute.  Who knows why or how that would be the case. 

Why on earth would Rovers immediately advise Orlando that the deal won't be happening?  Based on timeline of events, it can't have been much earlier than 9pm UK time when we advised them.  He's supposedly on a flight here so there's a nice natural buffer there, and clearly the Wharton deal wasn't completely dead. If, today the Wharton deal is dead, we have a perfectly acceptable reason for not progressing the McGuire deal. Instead, we appear to be in a position whereby we've sold Wharton and conveniently, the McGuire deal is gone. 

Prove me wrong Rovers, but currently this stinks.  It looks to me like we can anticipate another 'not our fault', hard luck story in the next few days.

Question: Who is Bayes' source? Was it him who conducted the cosy interview with Waggott in August? 

Have no idea why the Wharton deal nearly collapsed, but if I was guessing I would say that Rovers moved the goalposts and asked for a bigger initial down payment than was originally agreed, possibly to be able to bring in these players they were.linkef with last night.

Unfortunately it's probably all too late now 

If Wharton stayed I wouldn't give a feck about not bringing in McGuire

But we know how this ends Wharton is announced later on today and we bring in a loan youngster from an academy 

Then told we couldn't find value in the January window at such a late hour 

Then a portion of our fans blame Broughton for not signing an Alan Shearer clone with his wage budget of £500 a week 

Venkys out 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 2