BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I heard this fella from Nazareth who fed 5,000 with five loaves of bread and a few fish. Maybe we should give him a call, see if he's interested?

Come off it.

GB is absolutely stealing a living.

Yes he may have a limited budget, yes he may still be able to sign loanees but he has still delivered another absolutely abysmal with the funds he has.

He could literally sign ANYONE no matter how bad or how unsuitable (and is doing) and everyone just blames the owners.

Nice work if you can get it. And what are the odds he fucks the Mcguire deal up like he did the O Brien deal just to cap the window off properly?

3 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Agreed. Though fortunately Field is suspended for the weekend.

The bloke that worries me is that Sinclair Armstrong. Big, quick, powerful unit , can see him having a field day against our defence. 

Have to keep his back to goal, if he is allowed to turn and run at us we are in trouble 

The sycophants and happy clappers posing as reporters and pundits at the LT and Radio Lancs (not to mention Radio Rovers) won't reflect any of the anger among fans and reflected on this MB.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Is he who gets the brunt of the blame for you? Not the owners that have allowed 500k in installments to be spent on a CB, 500k on a loan fee and nothing else. 22m in.

No but unless he walks tomorrow he is obviously completely happy with the whole thing and complicit in the whole charade.

Don't think JDT will be as impressed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

The bloke that worries me is that Sinclair Armstrong. Big, quick, powerful unit , can see him having a field day against our defence. 

Have to keep his back to goal, if he is allowed to turn and run at us we are in trouble 

McFadzean will take care of him. 

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Come off it.

GB is absolutely stealing a living.

Yes he may have a limited budget, yes he may still be able to sign loanees but he has still delivered another absolutely abysmal with the funds he has.

He could literally sign ANYONE no matter how bad or how unsuitable (and is doing) and everyone just blames the owners.

Nice work if you can get it. And what are the odds he fucks the Mcguire deal up like he did the O Brien deal just to cap the window off properly?

I guarantee you've only seen one of our January transfers play before. 

You can't make sweeping statements about their quality before you've seen them play in a Rovers shirt. 

Maybe you're right, maybe they're all terrible, but you've got such a hatred for Broughton that you've written them off already. It's bizarre. 

For the record I think Broughton is doing a good job in very, very trying circumstances. Could he be doing a better job? Yes, but then he'd be off to a more functional club asap. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 7

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

No but unless he walks tomorrow he is obviously completely happy with the whole thing and complicit in the whole charade.

Don't think JDT will be as impressed.

Considering he doesnt take the brunt of the blame, you have made out as such based on your focus on him today.

We probably will have signed 6 players this window. For a combined 500k in installments on one, a 500k loan fee, and then the rest are frees and loans. Its not even the off season where players are out of contract. And there is strict limitations on wages. Im not sure what anyone can do with such a budget.

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

So Ennis has paid for McGuires loan fee. 

I was just about to say that if we've got £600k for Ennis and got him off the wage bill, that's McGuire paid for.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, booth said:

I was just about to say that if we've got £600k for Ennis and got him off the wage bill, that's McGuire paid for.

Aye it’s not like we have anymore money from somewhere, so it’s great work in my eyes………

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Why have a DoF, really? It's a waste of a wage and I'm sure Tomasson could do the job and come up with better players too. 

Exactly what I said earlier Jim. He’d have better contacts and be able to judge a player better than the evidence points towards GB being able to.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

So Ennis has paid for McGuires loan fee. 

Less whatever we paid him to be too unfit to get on the pitch in six months...

Though to be fair at the time he signed I thought it was a relatively low risk move, either he did the job or we sell him for a small profit. In a year I will have fully forgotten he ever played for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spankus Munky said:

Look the debt needs clearing the only way of doing so is selling! Sure some money needs to be reinvested but that's a Venky issue that is seperate to the fact £22m for a teenager with less than 50 apps for a Championship club with no International caps above Under 20's level is a decent deal.

The debt doesn’t need clearing. It’s Intra-group & interest free. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm still trying to understand how we routinely lose £20m when the wage bill has been absolutely obliterated. 

No wonder they're being investigated for tax fraud / evasion. 

Because our income still doesn't get close to covering wages let alone other overheads. I'm sure someone will have the figure but last time was it not a along the lines of 120+% wage to income ratio?

• Like 1