BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Is this me? I don’t think I’ve ever suggested anyone “is on a paid agreement to toe the Venkys party line” - can you show me where I said that? 

If so, for absolute clarity, I don’t think anyone at BBC Lancs, Andy Bayes or Elliott Jackson are being paid to say specific things. 

I would still like a response to this, if possible @JBiz

I’m not sure what you’re suggesting, but if it is as above I’m going to need to see some evidence of it. BRFCS has strong relationships with BBC Lancs, LET and Lancs Live, so it’s important there isn’t any confusion. 

From my points of view there’s a full team of people and moderators here striving to do and create the exact opposite of what you’re suggesting is happening. So whilst you’re absolutely welcome to an opinion, as is everyone, you’ll need to back it up. 

• Like 1

Blade here, dropping in to see what people are saying about Fleck and thought I'd give my opinion.

Best summary I can give: we took him on a free at the bottom of League One and he was one of the players that carried us up the tables to ninth in the Prem. At that time I would've sworn blind that McGinn at Villa was a poor man's John Fleck. Really thought he was that good. Very, very left-footed, but then nobody criticise right-footed players for only being right-footed. Absolute rock as a defensive midfielder, strong in the tackle, looked like he's made of granite when players twice his side would bounce off him. Could burst past players with the ball, good eye for a pass, good cross on him. Just a great all-round midfielder with no real weaknesses aside from height. I'll speak for a lot of Blades and say one of my favourite players in my lifetime. Again, for type of player, not current quality, think McGinn at Villa.

Problem is...he's not really had a great game (certainly not a run of games) since the last time we got relegated. He had a collapse on the pitch with a seizure (don't think a medical reason was ever stated publicly), he's broken his leg twice, he's now 32, and had we not been desperately thin in the squad and low on funds I doubt we'd have extended his contract.

Given it's a six month contract on a free transfer, I don't think anyone should be disappointed. If you can get anything like he's been capable of out of him then you'll be absolutely laughing at other Championship clubs not snapping him up, and hoping you've got an option to extend. It's a punt and if you look at it as a punt then it's a good one to take. It might be too much for him to get past the injuries and lost form.

13 minutes ago, J*B said:

Yeah we could have. Or he could have done his ACL and never quite been the same player. Or we might not have got 22M. Or we might have gone down and vultures would have circled.

I think it stinks to high heaven - especially with the statement saying the club was suitably funded before any of this happened. But I can’t say that and commit to it until I’ve seen what happens.

If we spend 15M in summer on three quality players that make a positive impact then it’s probably the right decision. 

Agreed. Honestly, I do hope my own ugly feeling is proved wrong..

1 hour ago, Groundhog said:

No - that's your opinion presented in a slightly milder manner, and a lot, lot different than people writing the players off before a ball is kicked. 

I would say that "what did you expect?" Where you expecting to be overwhelmed? I doubt it. To play devil's advocate, the grass is always greener, and there'll be a lot of club's envious at our business. 

I know the club is at an all-time low, but christ no need to kick it down further. Again, save your ire for the fact our ticketing strategy is a mess, the ground is falling apart, the CEO is obsessed with a bus and we are always a few weeks away from total financial oblivion. 

cheers stevie

i know we're (understandably) lost in a sea of negativity at the minute, but McFadzean sounds like he has a phenomenal attitude to bring to the table. a rigidly determined winner, willing to commit, and to lead the team. let's hope it can transfer to some of the younger lads by osmosis. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Groundhog said:

What a shit post. Go back to bed. Take your negativity somewhere else. God help us if the players read shit like this. Board is full of it. I despise Venkys and our CEO as much as the next person, but this stuff is uncalled for.

People hating on Gregg, he's bound by some severe restrictions and is as frustrated as us I can imagine, people want a scapegoat - he should not be the subject of your ire. 

No blame JDT instead 🤦‍♂️

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24093905.blackburn-rovers-block-tomasson-speaking-media/

Potentially a slightly alarmist headline when you read the content, but potentially not. It's not a great look.

By saying it’s a club decision it merely confirms the first question at tomorrow’s press conference…or Monday’s & so on…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

By saying it’s a club decision it merely confirms the first question at tomorrow’s press conference…or Monday’s & so on…

It will be tomorrow's won't it? Don't the league have some kind of rule about managers having to talk to the press in the pre match conference or something?

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

No blame JDT instead 🤦‍♂️

Oh baileys loving sea monster with a mangina the only thing I blame JDT for is for insisting on trying to play like Man City regardless of our squad or opposition, and for doing nothing during our worst run for years.

I love JDT for bringing us some identity, I love his charisma, I used to love him as a player in the 90s, he's the right man at the wrong time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I would still like a response to this, if possible @JBiz

I’m not sure what you’re suggesting, but if it is as above I’m going to need to see some evidence of it. BRFCS has strong relationships with BBC Lancs, LET and Lancs Live, so it’s important there isn’t any confusion. 

From my points of view there’s a full team of people and moderators here striving to do and create the exact opposite of what you’re suggesting is happening. So whilst you’re absolutely welcome to an opinion, as is everyone, you’ll need to back it up. 

A1B3E5CC-A5E2-4198-826D-840BB7BD243B.jpeg

44 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It will be tomorrow's won't it? Don't the league have some kind of rule about managers having to talk to the press in the pre match conference or something?

I think our (future) caretaker manager/coach may step in for tomorrow’s presser..

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

Oh baileys loving sea monster with a mangina the only thing I blame JDT for is for insisting on trying to play like Man City regardless of our squad or opposition, and for doing nothing during our worst run for years.

I love JDT for bringing us some identity, I love his charisma, I used to love him as a player in the 90s, he's the right man at the wrong time.

Thats the model imposed by those above him to get fees like we have just received to pocket 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JBiz said:

A1B3E5CC-A5E2-4198-826D-840BB7BD243B.jpeg

Where does the screenshot say:

“is on a paid agreement to toe the Venkys party line”

Come on JBiz, I’m happy for you to have an opinion, I’m happy for you to bash my opinion to pieces, but what you’re saying and reality are a way apart here. 

The quote you’ve put up says the local media reports have reported the Rovers PR. That’s their job, why wouldn’t they do that? If they have a statement or comment from the club they need to use it. 

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24093905.blackburn-rovers-block-tomasson-speaking-media/

Potentially a slightly alarmist headline when you read the content, but potentially not. It's not a great look.

Disgusting to see the comments of some of those pro-Venky braindead buffoons on there. Terrific transfer window? Ungrateful JDT? Mind-boggling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inferi said:

Disgusting to see the comments of some of those pro-Venky braindead buffoons on there. Terrific transfer window? Ungrateful JDT? Mind-boggling.

Given our owners - unlike others - I think Broughton has worked miracles. I doubted it at the time - but you have to wonder whether the owners did stop some of the Wharton money being spent at the last minute. The reasons could be genuine - i.e. the upcoming court case - however if they have stopped money - the last minute nature of everything they seem to do is disgraceful. Broughton should have been given a budget from the start of the window (taking everything into consideration. Nobody can work in such circumstances - and in the future (esp after the O'Brien farce) we will find that other clubs won't entertain bids from us, as there will be no guarantee we will complete the deal.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JBiz said:

Yes it is true. This website, under previous management, didn't have a “tone” set out through admin / moderators.

Now it does. When the owner of the site is suggesting that the BBC lancs football pundits, Andy Bayes, the LET and many others, are under some sort of paid agreement to toe the “Venky party line”…. That would’ve never happened before. Conspiratorial nonsense.

Also the very definition of the term Black Hole - what does it mean? A gap - an inexplicable one, in space and time.

@RoverCanada’s post should be required reading prior to anyone posting about funding, because every single penny the club has wasted in 13 years, is in text for all to see.

I can hold my hand up with everyone else when asked how pissed off I am at the way this set of charlatans run the club. That’s with actual facts, not made up bullshit that literally demeans the real issues involved.

It's called access journalism. Learn what it is.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Where does the screenshot say:

“is on a paid agreement to toe the Venkys party line”

Come on JBiz, I’m happy for you to have an opinion, I’m happy for you to bash my opinion to pieces, but what you’re saying and reality are a way apart here. 

The quote you’ve put up says the local media reports have reported the Rovers PR. That’s their job, why wouldn’t they do that? If they have a statement or comment from the club they need to use it. 

Sounds like he's spinning some sort of conspiracy theory to me.

12 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I’m about 75% positive about the guys we picked up in the window. McFadzean, Fleck, & Koumetio I feel will help the club immediately. McGuire, maybe, I don’t know. But, let’s see them in action before rushing to judgment.

i can tell you straight away that koumetio is terrible

fleck and mcfadzean were once good players,both hav`nt played for a while so we don`t know if they are going to have an impact

i have no idea about mcguire,i just hope he adapts to english football,it`s far far different to the mls

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i can tell you straight away that koumetio is terrible

fleck and mcfadzean were once good players,both hav`nt played for a while so we don`t know if they are going to have an impact

i have no idea about mcguire,i just hope he adapts to english football,it`s far far different to the mls

Same rules, same pitch, same goals. 

• Like 1