BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

45 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Ok, before this conspiracy theory becomes accepted fact, by enough of us quoting and accepting it, I do not believe that the Venkys or anyone else deliberately allowed these transfers to get down to the last seconds and pieces of paperwork before intentionally sabotaging them. 

There is no benefit to the club or Venky's in this approach, only severe reputational damage which lowers the financial value of the club. 

Behind the scenes misunderstandings, differences of opinion, and sheer incompetence, yes, but planned chaos and fraud, I really don't think so. 

There really is no benefit to anyone in this dysfunctional, immature, publicly self-destructive approach. 

They save this stuff for the behind the scenes incompetent, naive destruction of our great club. 

They are currently under investigation for committing fraud.

Nobody knows for certain obviously but the same thing happening three times in the space of 12 months strongly suggests that this is deliberate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, garnersfags said:

There is no benefit to the club or Venky's in this approach

Excuse me but when did the benefit to the Club become important to Venkys?

Few other clubs have done this ever and we've done it twice in less than a year?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, garnersfags said:

Ok, before this conspiracy theory becomes accepted fact, by enough of us quoting and accepting it, I do not believe that the Venkys or anyone else deliberately allowed these transfers to get down to the last seconds and pieces of paperwork before intentionally sabotaging them. 

There is no benefit to the club or Venky's in this approach, only severe reputational damage which lowers the financial value of the club. 

Behind the scenes misunderstandings, differences of opinion, and sheer incompetence, yes, but planned chaos and fraud, I really don't think so. 

There really is no benefit to anyone in this dysfunctional, immature, publicly self-destructive approach. 

They save this stuff for the behind the scenes incompetent, naive destruction of our great club. 

We underestimate institutional incompetence at our peril IMO…

• Like 3

There's a chocolate teapot orbiting Earth. I don't believe that, but I can't rule it out.

There are people within Ewood deliberately scuppering paperwork on deadline day to stop the club from spending money. I don't believe that, but I can't rule it out.

OK. Lesson over. Maybe wool is being pulled over our eyes in some regards, but gaslighting or being passive-aggressive to those who don't believe a speculative narrative won't win them over.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Explain to me how this conspiracy works then.

Club agree to sign a player on loan/permanent transfer as it’s within current budgets

Player to travels to Brockhall to complete medical and sign, with the transfer being agreed by club executives.

Pune gets wind of the plans to spend money and the transfer gets cancelled. Pune/ Suhail tells executives to dress it up as Administrative issues to prevent Media and supporters from learning that venkys have pulled the plug.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, SBlue said:

Competent at short term freebies, cheap loans, and sales though.

But not competent for an £80k long-term highly rated young midfielder? But competent for a £500k long-term highly rated young defender?

Doesn't stack up. I'd be amazed if there was any truth at all in it. There has been very little rhyme or reason to Venkys ownership of the club, and money of theirs pissed up the wall for 13 seasons solid. I suppose I can understand why people would think it's deliberate, now that it's happened three times in the space of a year, but I just think it's more of the same incompetence.

Nothing can be ruled out, I suppose, so maybe it will all come out in the wash one day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FE123 said:

Club agree to sign a player on loan/permanent transfer as it’s within current budgets

Player to travels to Brockhall to complete medical and sign, with the transfer being agreed by club executives.

Pune gets wind of the plans to spend money and the transfer gets cancelled. Pune/ Suhail tells executives to dress it up as Administrative issues to prevent Media and supporters from learning that venkys have pulled the plug.

Really quite simple, all about protecting the Raos reputation and getting the attention away from them at all costs. 

I can not think of this happening at any other club yet it's managed to happen 3 times in a year at Rovers. 

Also the owners have a track record of pulling the pin on deals at the last minute, see the Danny Baath transfer drama.

Really not that hard to imagine. 

Deliberate, not necessarily. I think more than likely is incompetence, confusion and conflict leading to it. Maybe mowbray identified similar deal and was told no and just left it. Whereas Broughton got told no and went and restructured the deal last minute, cue last minute confusion as well as possible conflict for going back to something that had already been denied. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Okay, so assuming that is true, it would still need someone to deliberately botch the paperwork, or be instructed to botch it.

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 2

The thing is the only form the EFL are arsed about is the players registration, something that could be draft filled the minute negotiations begin to take place. There is realistically no reason why this form would not be successfully successfully submitted on time for a player you were negotiating with for over 48 hours. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, goozburger said:

But not competent for an £80k long-term highly rated young midfielder? But competent for a £500k long-term highly rated young defender?

Doesn't stack up. I'd be amazed if there was any truth at all in it. There has been very little rhyme or reason to Venkys ownership of the club, and money of theirs pissed up the wall for 13 seasons solid. I suppose I can understand why people would think it's deliberate, now that it's happened three times in the space of a year, but I just think it's more of the same incompetence.

Nothing can be ruled out, I suppose, so maybe it will all come out in the wash one day.

Thought I saw circa £500k being mentioned for Brierly? Might have got that wrong, but he went for a "six-figure fee" to Brentford according to reports. Collateral damage? 😂

O'Riordan just offsetting the Carter fee?

I dunno... sounds like I've gone of the deep end I know! But when looking for the most logical sequence of events, I'm finding the situation so farcical that it becomes almost implausible for our executives to have made such a mistake again.

Just beggars belief!

Edited by SBlue

12 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

The thing is the only form the EFL are arsed about is the players registration, something that could be draft filled the minute negotiations begin to take place. There is realistically no reason why this form would not be successfully successfully submitted on time for a player you were negotiating with for over 48 hours. 

There is a long list of documents which are required to be sent to the EFL before they’ll okay a transfer.

They should (but clearly can’t!) be able to get these right every time.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

Funny how there were no issues sorting the sale of Wharton out. We could have done with his transfer away being messed then we could have kept him for the remainder of the season at least.

The conspiracy theory may just be that, just like an error on the funds they sent, which we supposed to be for the club, but were accidentally used to buy a house and fund a pop star. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I think I was firmly in the camp of incompetence over the OBrien fiasco

Now it comes to Duncan McGuire...fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

This is a scale of incompetence not seen at a professional football club. Two transfers that are potentially season defining, failing because the people in charge don't have the abilities to see them through. I had a sneaky feeling this was coming, as the press line was that this was "complex". What is complex about a loan with an option to buy? Clubs do it every bloody transfer window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We manage to secure plenty of signings over the course of the seasons, but the last two big money transfers have all been too complex to see to the end, which has also coincided with a tax fraud investigation back in India

So, whilst incompetence is the theme of Venkys ownership, these two particular instances stink that little bit more. Did they drag their feet knowing if they don't at least try, they may lose their head coach and have to pay for a new one? Or is it that once again we have an internal beef between those in charge - Waggot, Suhail and the owners vs Broughton and JDT. I can't rule the last one out. It has happened before. JDT aimed his frustrations at Suhail and Waggot and not at Broughton (much to Rev's and Mercer's dismay) and that to me tells me he know where the blame lies. He's in it every day. He has never, ever had time for Waggott

I trust JDT. He has won it all and has no need to lie. I think his comments are smart and allow people listening to have an understanding of the club, whilst also protecting himself from being sacked without recompense, especially after he already offered to go for free. He will now want paying for his sacrifice

I also think Brierley was the collateral damage to try and sell the O'Brien 'error' to us. That's three careers they have interfered with now without hardly and contrition for the players or their mental health. Surely the PFA should be looking at this too.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, SBlue said:

Probably because those deals fit In the tiny budget the owners signed off on 

The larger deals probably have to go through every single Rao family member and their multiple advisors 

• Like 1

I don't think this needs to be made into something bigger or more elaborate. I think it is actually quite simple.

People on the ground, manager, Broughton, Silvester, do what they need to do to get the deal ready for finalising.

One of the final steps on this route is Indian approval. No purchases or cash commitments can be made without,

That approval doesn't come through in time. Either because they are busy doing more important things with their time, far too important to concern themselves with this organisation, can't agree on whether to do it or are bullshitters when it comes to money and won't authorise it despite previously promising to, fundamentally the end result is the same - no authorisation and therefore no transfer.

People on the ground are understandably left looking rather silly, so they can either be honest and blame the Indians and lose their jobs, or make up various increasingly unbelievable excuses but keep their jobs.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SBlue said:

Are we even that ? Some poor quality players brought in, we don’t know what we pay for loans, we are a distressed seller in the January market… 

• Like 1