BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 27/9/23 Carabao Cup

10 hours ago, rigger said:

I had a reply from Christina Haynes, with regards to my E-Mail to Waggott. She states that the closure of the Blackburm end for the Cardiff cup game, is to save money. A piss poor decision, in my opinion

And there it is in black and White,cost cutting before the needs and wishes of home supporters.

Make no mistake'we are in for a tough time with this lot in charge.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

And there it is in black and White,cost cutting before the needs and wishes of home supporters.

Make no mistake'we are in for a tough time with this lot in charge.

If it’s so desperate that we need to save £2k to £3K max, that’s definitely tough times. It’s possibly worse than it was back in the eighties.

No wonder Sw4aggott is bragging about paying the wages and hiring a new coach. Perhaps we need to point this out and ask for some degree of comfort, once we know the exact figure saved.

The club must be on a cliff edge if this is how desperate things have become and we deserve to know. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, lraC said:

If it’s so desperate that we need to save £2k to £3K max, that’s definitely tough times. It’s possibly worse than it was back in the eighties.

No wonder Sw4aggott is bragging about paying the wages and hiring a new coach. Perhaps we need to point this out and ask for some degree of comfort, once we know the exact figure saved.

The club must be on a cliff edge if this is how desperate things have become and we deserve to know. 

I know a quick way of saving around £270,000.

Sack Waggott and employ a monkey instead - the added bonus is the club would be run better as well…

• Like 4

As dismaying as this has been at a surface level, because as much as anything it shows that they don’t remotely understand football fans, ‘so we had 6k in two stands? Why not 6k in one stand? Clever us, aren’t we!’ Err because you won’t get your 6k as plenty of displaced  fans will tell you to shove it.

But as others have said the bigger concern is the club is obviously at a real financial precipice if we are now shutting the home end merely to save peanuts on opening a  couple of concession stands and toilets (which it won’t anyway as loads will stay away).

The next 12 months are going to get very messy.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

The main worry is again above Waggott. His decision to close the Blackburn End is obviously pig ignorant and counter productive. But in tandem with budget cuts to the point where we cant afford players of any experience or even a loanee to a tiny squad, assuming this continues for any period of time, theres only one way we get out of this league and it doesnt lead to the Premier League. Waggott seems to be fulfilling the wishes of the owners, leaving us uncompetitive and with a further dwindled regular fan base.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The main worry is again above Waggott. His decision to close the Blackburn End is obviously pig ignorant and counter productive. But in tandem with budget cuts to the point where we cant afford players of any experience or even a loanee to a tiny squad, assuming this continues for any period of time, theres only one way we get out of this league and it doesnt lead to the Premier League. Waggott seems to be fulfilling the wishes of the owners, leaving us uncompetitive and with a further dwindled regular fan base.

For what it's worth and again from what other people are saying, Waggott seems to justify his salary, by what he is saving. Slashing the wage bill and not spending on transfers, will no doubt be fed back to India, to show that the bigger picture is, he is worth his £300k.

I might not get a reply to my E Mail and he will definitely not admit to the loss, the stand closure causes, but that needs to be fed back to India too, in the event.

Edited by lraC
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I know a quick way of saving around £270,000.

Sack Waggott and employ a monkey instead - the added bonus is the club would be run better as well…

Would that be a sick monkey with an Elon implant to the brain.

Maybe give Maggot an implant too as a parting gift, he can be one of the early human test cases.

I don’t wish to get into the slagging off of Steve Waggott or anyone else involved in running the club as I’m not close enough to understand the issues. 

However, if a financial decision has been taken not to open the BBE how should that put off those who want to watch the game from attending? I usually sit in the Riverside and if I wanted to attend (which I won’t be) I would be more than happy to buy a ticket in the JW. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

I don’t wish to get into the slagging off of Steve Waggott or anyone else involved in running the club as I’m not close enough to understand the issues. 

However, if a financial decision has been taken not to open the BBE how should that put off those who want to watch the game from attending? I usually sit in the Riverside and if I wanted to attend (which I won’t be) I would be more than happy to buy a ticket in the JW. 

I guess the same could be said about the financial decision to pay certain players contracts up and let them leave the club. Also sack the manager and bring an under qualified background staff member in, to give it a go.

After all we still had players to cheer and a manager to listen to in  post and pre  match interviews.

Some things have been done to feather the nest of other people and not for the greater good of the club and thankfully, some people spot things like that and quite rightly do not just sit back and accept it.

16 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Lots of people are creatures of habit and want to sit in the same seat they have had for years. Personally speaking that wouldn't bother me but I fully understand and appreciate the supporters that do. And more importantly Swag should understand and respect that too. And once it's happened it will happen time and again for Carabao and FA Cup earlier round games.

Swag doesn't understand people, particularly local people and their habits.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Just read through the thread to get the general jist of it.

It isn't about foot stamping it's questioning a relatively pointless exercise and believe it or not some fans actually like going behind the goal.  Hence why even for these games with low crowds anyway at least 1500/2000 would go in the BBE.

Why bother angering or potentially putting off a lot of them to save at best a couple of grand ?

Also more importantly it helps the team and there is the other end of the ground opened up for 200 away fans.

It shouldn't really need explaining.

• Like 3

I get it. Some folk want to sit where they usually sit, as do I. The point I am making is that this should not put off anyone who wants to watch the game. If anyone is not going because they can’t sit where they normally sit then that is their decision. 
Fact is, this game against Cardiff is not attractive and the club don’t want to incur the extra costs associated with opening the BBE. 

As for the previous well documented issues relating to how the club is being run since Venkys took over, well we know they have made a complete mess of things but what can we do if they won’t sell up? 

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Just read through the thread to get the general jist of it.

It isn't about foot stamping it's questioning a relatively pointless exercise and believe it or not some fans actually like going behind the goal.  Hence why even for these games with low crowds anyway at least 1500/2000 would go in the BBE.

Why bother angering or potentially putting off a lot of them to save at best a couple of grand ?

Also more importantly it helps the team and there is the other end of the ground opened up for 200 away fans.

It shouldn't really need explaining.

It is very difficult at this stage to come to any other conclusion than Swag himself benefits from reducing what the owners put into the club.

Until I am convinced otherwise my theory is a % is paid to him, based on the overall saving.

There is no logical explanation to do this, if the saving is indeed around £2k as such a paltry figure, surely makes no difference to the finances of the club.

I am sure we could crowd fund that if we had to, but I can't believe it has come to this.

Edited by lraC
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

I get it. Some folk want to sit where they usually sit, as do I. The point I am making is that this should not put off anyone who wants to watch the game. If anyone is not going because they can’t sit where they normally sit then that is their decision. 
Fact is, this game against Cardiff is not attractive and the club don’t want to incur the extra costs associated with opening the BBE. 

As for the previous well documented issues relating to how the club is being run since Venkys took over, well we know they have made a complete mess of things but what can we do if they won’t sell up? 

We can kick up a real stinking fuss, with every move they make of this nature, rather than just accepting our lot.

I wonder if the Bury fans regret not standing up to their previous regime a little bit more?

• Like 1

So why is the Riverside closed for all Cup games? Why has no one kicked up a fuss about that? 

I’m sure some would rather see it closed  altogether without a thought for those who like to sit there, because it’s not in keeping with the rest of the ground.

Well, guess what, there must have been financial reasons for not redeveloping that part of the ground. 

2 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

So why is the Riverside closed for all Cup games? Why has no one kicked up a fuss about that? 

I’m sure some would rather see it closed  altogether without a thought for those who like to sit there, because it’s not in keeping with the rest of the ground.

Well, guess what, there must have been financial reasons for not redeveloping that part of the ground. 

People have definitely kicked up a fuss about that. granted maybe not as many as there have been over this. people also kicked up a fuss about stopping selling programmes and lot's of other things that we have had forced upon us over the years.

If some people choose to sit back and accept what is happening here fine, but in my view, if everyone had taken that stand, since the current regime took over, I very much doubt we would now have a club at all.