BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 27/9/23 Carabao Cup

1 hour ago, JamieUK said:

The website's not working because there are no records telling the domain where to route traffic (the A record and MX records are missing). If it was a problem with the DNS provider (the company that controls those records) they could simply update the nameservers on the domain to somebody else and reinstate them. It does take a while to propagate but no longer than an hour or two.

It's straightforward to remove then re-add records. You'd think 'surely not' but it is an easy way to stop/slow down sales to fit the narrative of closing the Blackburn End whilst blaming technical issues.

I expect there'll be people here who have more insight but that's my take.

I read somewhere that the JW stand seats 11000 or thereabouts. If we sold out 11000 tickets for Cardiff at home in the League cup, I'd be as delighted as I would be amazed.ย 

• Like 2

Aside from the stand nonsense i'm actually looking forward to the game and hope a few stake a claim for some first team action, namely Leo and Trondo.

Horrible feeling this has draw written all over it and it goes to pens in front of an empty home end.

Roversย  1ย  ย Cardiffย  1

Edited by tomphil

I see Wolves are making easy meat of Ipswich this evening. 2 up already in 17 minutes. If only Rovers had deployed a stiffer back line last weekend.. que sera sera, and all that...

2 hours ago, JamieUK said:

The website's not working because there are no records telling the domain where to route traffic (the A record and MX records are missing). If it was a problem with the DNS provider (the company that controls those records) they could simply update the nameservers on the domain to somebody else and reinstate them. It does take a while to propagate but no longer than an hour or two.

Bloodyhell I feel old!!!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

I see Wolves are making easy meat of Ipswich this evening. 2 up already in 17 minutes. If only Rovers had deployed a stiffer back line last weekend.. que sera sera, and all that...

Haha. Me and my big mouth!

On a serious note, the situation at Rovers seems pretty dire.

Shutting down the BBE for financial reasons is a new low, especially as the DE stand will stay open when Cardiff will no doubt bring no more than a few hundred fans. That sends out such a desperate statement of muddled distress,ย  moreso even than turning off the transfer taps mid pre season.

How on earth is the club going to generate revenue if the revenue streams are switched off, it doesn't make sense.

I'm not buying that the website drop out is related, but it certainly sums up the mess we're in.

Does anyone know what's going on in India, given that the summer tap being turned off was meant to be a short term measure?

ย 

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Who do you define as being the docile Ewood support?ย 

Donโ€™t we have the Fans Forum and We AreThe Rovers where these issues can be raised with the club? Apparently not!

As has been already advised numerous times already- the FF and WATR raised the issue of the BBE closure at their last meetings!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hasta said:

I'd turn the big screen off. There's only 4000 or 5000 fans going. We don't actually need the big screen. Somebody has to be paid to update the content and it takes up electricity. It's not essential. I'd not bother with it tomorrow night.

Also I'd not bother with corporate hospitality. They won't be full. If those people just sit in the Jack Walker and buy a burger and a white wine from the concourse think how much we can save on staff in the corporate boxes for this game. I mean, surely they aren't bothered where they sit as long as they can watch the match so there is huge savings to be made there.

ย 

Funny story, I was once given non-paid work experience at CreaTV who controlled (at the time) anything video related to do with the club. I had assumed, given I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, that I would just be watching people do their job.

I was wrong. They put me in charge of the big screen, with what felt like a 10 second demonstration, then walked out the room. I predictably fucked everything up - two things were playing at once, videos playing without sound, the screen was changing every couple of seconds. Nobody ever got back to my emails.ย 

• Like 6

On 24/09/2023 at 19:30, Mercer said:

Interesting that within the relatively small confines of this MB, three have already declared they will not be at the match owing to the BE being closed - think the BE absentees will be in the hundreds.ย  In fact I reckon it will only take circa 150 Blackburn Enders not to attend, who would otherwise have done, then Waggott's decision will be in the red.

Waggott, I think you are a right plonker and rather than save Rovers money, you are going to cost the club money - moronic absurdity.

ย 

The article today in LT stated the below..

"Average league attendance rose from 13,501 to 14,816 and the club says that improving revenue streams is a core part of their vision moving forward."

3 hours ago, JamieUK said:

It's straightforward to remove then re-add records. You'd think 'surely not' but it is an easy way to stop/slow down sales to fit the narrative of closing the Blackburn End whilst blaming technical issues.

I expect there'll be people here who have more insight but that's my take.

WTF? ๐Ÿคฃ

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

ย 

The article today in LT stated the below..

"Average league attendance rose from 13,501 to 14,816 and the club says that improving revenue streams is a core part of their vision moving forward."

Oh, the sound bite generator app in the marketing department thinks there is a vision now...

Come on Waggott - spill the beans.. WHAT IS THE VISION FOR THE CLUB?

ย 

tumbleweed.gif

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Funny story, I was once given non-paid work experience at CreaTV who controlled (at the time) anything video related to do with the club. I had assumed, given I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, that I would just be watching people do their job.

I was wrong. They put me in charge of the big screen, with what felt like a 10 second demonstration, then walked out the room. I predictably fucked everything up - two things were playing at once, videos playing without sound, the screen was changing every couple of seconds. Nobody ever got back to my emails.ย 

Something similar happened to a guy I know. He was given the job of updating the scoreboard and was really chuffed as we were in the PL at the time. He was given a few minutes training ten minutes before the match, then left to it.

It was carnage for five minutes. Scores kept going up and down with the crowd cheering and boo'ing depending on if Rovers were on the wrong end of it. I was at the match and it was like a toddler had been given the controls. 2-1, 1-3, 6-0, 9-6. Then it started going something like 10-6, 10-7, 10-8, 10-9, 10-10, crowd starts "ooooooh" then 10-11 "booooooo!". Then theย  clock started playing up.ย  Then 12-11 to big cheers. All while the match was in play. Apparently someone went in and snapped at him and took the controls. After the game he got absolutely bollocked which ended him in walking out. He didn't go back, told them to stick it.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

The closure of the BBE has been kept fairly quiet except for on here so a lot will pitch up on the night expecting to go in there but just have to go in the JW instead.

All very convenient.ย 

That is the master plan.

BBE fans sit in the posh seats, love the experience, subsequently buy season tickets for the JW, hence no need for the BBE and it's closed.

Job done!ย 

Edited by JohnD

4 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

I ordered the away shirt on the 17th of September, it was in stock and not a pre order, does anyone know how long they take to deliver? I've had no communication from rovers, and they also bizzarley put my email in wrong lol

Anyways Telalovic hatrick tonight easy peasyย 

I had a similar scenario with the home shirt. In the end I emailed them and then within a couple of hours it had been dispatched.