BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 27/9/23 Carabao Cup

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

Seems odd to me that the CEO of Rovers would have an email address in which letters are substituted for numbers. If nothing else it looks totally unprofessional. 

I don't know for certain but an educated guess would be that it's configured like that to deter anybody contacting him directly. If you see all other employees email addresses they are configured as jbloggs@rovers.co.uk so to contact somebody direct just change the name. I think Swag doesn't like us plebs being in contact directly with him hence the stupid email address.

17 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I don't know for certain but an educated guess would be that it's configured like that to deter anybody contacting him directly. If you see all other employees email addresses they are configured as jbloggs@rovers.co.uk so to contact somebody direct just change the name. I think Swag doesn't like us plebs being in contact directly with him hence the stupid email address.

I think it's a sure sign of some type of personality disorder from a conman.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Regardless of his subterfuge, if he has an email address that is direct to his inbox, that should be used by those wishing to express views, concerns, issues, suggestions and (dare I say it as it seems so unlikely) praise when things go right.

I dare say the former would be likely to be the majority of the content, rather than the latter 😉

It might be a tactic to post any proposed emails on here first, a) for editorial consistency and propriety (I know, I have no rights on that!) and b) so we could all track the impact of any view, questions etc and the speed / tone of any response.

A separate thread, perhaps - "Letters to the Chair"?

7 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Regardless of his subterfuge, if he has an email address that is direct to his inbox, that should be used by those wishing to express views, concerns, issues, suggestions and (dare I say it as it seems so unlikely) praise when things go right.

I dare say the former would be likely to be the majority of the content, rather than the latter 😉

It might be a tactic to post any proposed emails on here first, a) for editorial consistency and propriety (I know, I have no rights on that!) and b) so we could all track the impact of any view, questions etc and the speed / tone of any response.

A separate thread, perhaps - "Letters to the Chair"?

I don't think any emails should be edited, hopefully they are heartfelt and truthful without being abusive. If anybody wants to copy their email on here then they should do so.

I just think it's pointless saying" I'm not going to go because he has shut the Blackburn End" on here. It carries no weight. At the very least he should be written to and give him some indication of the depth of dismay. It takes a minute or two. He will undoubtedly use a low crowd as justification for his crass decision so if there is evidence of supporters not going because of his decision the relevant supporters groups can use this.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JHRover said:

Seems odd to me that the CEO of Rovers would have an email address in which letters are substituted for numbers. If nothing else it looks totally unprofessional. 

Ah, but of course for Steve Waggott, it is all about 'the numbers' - the main one being the obscene £300K salary he draws down from the club, as he systematically asphyxiates the life out of it. I don't think anyone (except SW) would be offended if I was to suggest the man is a leach, a bio-hazard to our club's traditions and values, and a blight on the expectations and outlook of our fanbase.

WAGGOTT OUT!

13 hours ago, arbitro said:

Can I respectfully suggest that anybody who isn't going due to Waggott's stupid decision at the very least let him know. He will use a low crowd as justification for his decision and, as usual disregard important truths. It will only take a few moments to email him on Sw4gg0tt@rovers.co.uk

If you are contacting him please be respectful.

I honestly thought this was a joke 😂

He should be fired for that email address alone. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Team is likely to be this but I do wonder if they might consider giving Sigurdsson 90 mins here seeing as he was taken off at half time on Saturday.

Him being taken off at half time was pre planned. For me, Leicester game is the more important than Cardiff game. 

He shown his quality and hopefully we can build on it with him playing more and scoring goals 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Him being taken off at half time was pre planned. For me, Leicester game is the more important than Cardiff game. 

He shown his quality and hopefully we can build on it with him playing more and scoring goals 

I cannot understand this mindset.  Any competitive Rovers game is important to me. But if I had to choose between these two I would say the cup game is more important. Only a few games from Wembley.

• Like 1

Looking at the seat planner on the club website, tickets are available to purchase in all 4 sections of the JW

Cardiff fans will, therefore, be housed in the DE as usual.

To be clear then....Waggot is alienating BBE supporters for supposed 'financial' reasons, but is not taking the same approach for Cardiff supporters who, as has been pointed out, could easily be accomodated in the JW lower DE.

Waggott is an utter disgrace.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Think I'd actually play Pears in this one. Wahlstedt should be starting the next league came, confine Pears to the cups games from now on.

Perfect opportunity to play Wahlstedt on Wednesday and as long as isn't at fault for 2 or 3 goals (Pears style) - stick with him in the league. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

Respectful? Has he ever been that towards us?

I have always felt being respectful is a far better way to make your point. The fact he shows little regard for us is irrelevant in my book. I personally don't want to stoop that low.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, bazza said:

I cannot understand this mindset.  Any competitive Rovers game is important to me. But if I had to choose between these two I would say the cup game is more important. Only a few games from Wembley.

I would say getting 3 points against Leicester and the playoff place at the season is more important. 

League has to be priority every time whilst having a good cup run but the league matters first. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have always felt being respectful is a far better way to make your point. The fact he shows little regard for us is irrelevant in my book. I personally don't want to stoop that low.

I agree, but maybe a few home truths should be mentioned. Also, copy in venkeys, so he starts to feel uncomfortable. Let him know and them how he is really thought of by us.

Edited by Moptop1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Cardiff City (h) - 27/9/23 Carabao Cup
3 hours ago, bazza said:

Exactly, you can always recover from a league defeat, if you lose in the cup that's it,you're out.

3 hours ago, bazza said:

Attitudes to cup competitions always seem to split people. Ive argued with the extreme view when people say they "dont care" if we win or not, thats never been understandable.

There is definitely some scope for some natural rotation especially as Cardiff will do likewise, but I would be really frustrated not to see us in the next round. We should want to win additionally to stop a run of losses growing, and lets face it, we wont have a play off push this season so why not try and get some excitement.

• Like 2

Surely it’s obvious why clubs see the league as most important. A promotion or relegation or a top 4 finish in the PL can fundamentally transform a club for better or worse for a decade, a cup defeat is a one off defeat, have another go next season. 

It’s sad that this is where the game has gone, but looking at how crowds have completely flipped on their head in the modern era - I.e cup ties used to be the biggest gates of the season, but are now the lowest presumably show many fans are on board with said priorities.

Wharton needs a rest and we need a plan B so Id change the setup significantly to test out a different way of playing.

Argument for either 4231 or 352.

With Hill apparently being quite a comfortable powerful ball player I wonder if we could use him like we used to use JPVH in the centre of a back 3?

Wahlstadt

Carter         Hill      S Wharton

JRC        Travis        Tronstad        Batty

Markanday    Telalovic    Gilsenan

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1