BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 27/9/23 Carabao Cup

On 25/09/2023 at 07:10, arbitro said:

I don't know for certain but an educated guess would be that it's configured like that to deter anybody contacting him directly. If you see all other employees email addresses they are configured as jbloggs@rovers.co.uk so to contact somebody direct just change the name. I think Swag doesn't like us plebs being in contact directly with him hence the stupid email address.

But he probably doesn't like it, because it takes one to know one, @arbitro ! ๐Ÿ˜‰

55 minutes ago, tomphil said:

On a matchday with 12,500 thousand home fans on there are probably 1500 in the entire Riverside so hardly the same impact.

It's been shut for years for these games even at times before this lot rocked up, other clubs do similar.

Never has the BBE been closed.

As usual though the docile Ewood support just shrugs its shoulders and says well either go or don't.ย  The exact attitude of the club so it's not hard to see why we end up where we do on these matters.

We got moved out of the JW lower into the Blackburn end for the Barnet cup game, Barnet fans were in our section.ย 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, M_B said:

We got moved out of the JW lower into the Blackburn end for the Barnet cup game, Barnet fans were in our section.ย 

The Blackburn End should be open as usual and the handful of Cardiff fans should be in either a far section of the JW lower or upper.

That could easily be done without having to draft in a hundred extra police officers it's just bone idolness by the club taking yet again what they see as the easiest option.

I remember 500 Sheff Weds fans amongst others being put in the far end of the old Nuttal street stand packed with home fans. That was early 90's when the DE was being rebuilt and footy aggro was still a major issue but they managed just fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

On a matchday with 12,500 thousand home fans on there are probably 1500 in the entire Riverside so hardly the same impact.

It's been shut for years for these games even at times before this lot rocked up, other clubs do similar.

As usual though the docile Ewood support just shrugs its shoulders and says well either go or don't.ย  The exact attitude of the club so it's not hard to see why we end up where we do on these matters.

We might as well switch the next cup tie to the Crown Ground.

Far cheaper to run and I am sure some people would still accept that, so long as they could go and cheer on the lads.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So why didnโ€™t he put the 200 Cardiff fans in there this time too instead of shutting the well populated (in the context of a September League Cup tie) home end? Ergo saving this vital few grand by closing the Darwen End.

Crackers decision whichever way you slice it.

It is called 'Trolling' or 'Gaslighting' in the modern parlance. It is the practice of someone in a position of power and influence, deliberately abusing their privilege. Nothing 'crackers' about it. Everything distateful and disgraceful about it though..

Welcome to Gaslight Waggotroll world.

11 minutes ago, lraC said:

We might as well switch the next cup tie to the Crown Ground.

Far cheaper to run and I am sure some people would still accept that, so long as they could go and cheer on the lads.

They could have restricted visiting fans in order to accommodate them elsewhere and closed the whole DE end instead of aggravating 1500+ home supporters.

Utter useless clueless lazy pratts.

• Like 4

What bothers me is the ease with which they try to explain that the expected numbers are going to be low. Not an ounce of concern expressed or embarassment at selling such a pitiful number of tickets, no indication of any intention to do something over the course of the last week to bump up that number, just a shrug of the shoulders and a shut home stand.

I can't believe that Waggott will have the brass neck to turn up and watch but I bet he does. He won't miss many of the complimentaries and rubbing shoulders with opposition directors.

And this for me is the most difficult part of Venky ownership to stomach, not only that they are undermining the club and team by making these sort of decisions, unprecedented as they are, but also that a reptile like Waggott will be sat upstairs in the free comfy seats surveying all before him, benefiting from the decision as he gets ready to send the spreadsheets to India for his bonus review, laughing at us without a care in the world.

When did he last pay to watch a football match?

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

That's the thing about goodwill - it is often assumed to be elastic by those who rely upon it to get more out than they put in, but of course it is completely inelastic if constantly abused. There comes a point in any relationship, however, where the broken elements (trust, goodwill, reciprocity, capacity to accept disappointment) are all too far gone to retrieve. And that is where so many Rovers fans have sadly reached, in their relationship with what was once a wonderfully run, family oriented club with a proud tradition and a bright future.

We all know that the state of the game isn't what it was when Jack Walker was around, and there are plenty of clubs that have endured and come through desperate times and odious owners. But it does feel like Rovers have had a particularly painful fall from grace, especially when the club now seems to be run simply as a line on a spreadsheet for owners who neither give a toss, nor seem to have a plan for changing the script (other than to run us into the ground).

So fair play, RogerB and all you stalwart who endure the decline first hand at our shadow of a stadium. Let's hope the boys can put a smile on your strangely dislocated faces on Wednesday evening, and that there is a loud and continuous chorus of "Open Up the Blackburn End, and Waggot Waggott OUT!" from the JW from kick off to final whistle.

Rovers 1 Cardiff 1 Bluebirds to edge it on penalties 18-19

Now they would be chants worthy of listening to and singing along with!

And don't forget that the match may not be on ITV until just after midnight Wednesday/Thursday; but if they're clear enough to be heard, they'll hopefully provoke comments from the TV companyย ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Edited by R0verb0y
It just occurred to me!

20 hours ago, rigger said:

I had a reply from Christina Haynes, with regards to my E-Mail to Waggott. She states that the closure of the Blackburm end for the Cardiff cup game, is to save money. A piss poor decision, in my opinion

... and a very weak reply from Christina Haynes - who she? - imo.

If that's all it said, it surely opens itself to a reply asking - for starters - some figures itemising the savings made.

Question: How do you deter supporters from buying tickets to keep the attendance low in order to justify a tosser's decision?

Answer: Crash the main source for fans wanting to buy tickets.

My suspicions are aroused by the official website being down all today. Nobody can buy tickets online or contact the club by email. How many times has this happened in the past? How hard would it be to fix it?

I'm probably wide of the mark but such is my mistrust of Swag and his cohorts I just can't help thinking there is something devious going on.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

I'd turn the big screen off. There's only 4000 or 5000 fans going. We don't actually need the big screen. Somebody has to be paid to update the content and it takes up electricity. It's not essential. I'd not bother with it tomorrow night.

Also I'd not bother with corporate hospitality. They won't be full. If those people just sit in the Jack Walker and buy a burger and a white wine from the concourse think how much we can save on staff in the corporate boxes for this game. I mean, surely they aren't bothered where they sit as long as they can watch the match so there is huge savings to be made there.

ย 

Iโ€™d turn the floodlights off and give all the players a torch.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Who do you define as being the docile Ewood support?ย 

Donโ€™t we have the Fans Forum and We AreThe Rovers where these issues can be raised with the club? Apparently not!

Edited by Uddersfelt Blue

The website's not working because there are no records telling the domain where to route traffic (the A record and MX records are missing). If it was a problem with the DNS provider (the company that controls those records) they could simply update the nameservers on the domain to somebody else and reinstate them. It does take a while to propagate but no longer than an hour or two.

It's straightforward to remove then re-add records. You'd think 'surely not' but it is an easy way to stop/slow down sales to fit the narrative of closing the Blackburn End whilst blaming technical issues.

I expect there'll be people here who have more insight but that's my take.

• Like 4