BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 27/9/23 Carabao Cup

I just called and got through first time and was answered within seconds

I asked for a ticket for the Blackburn end, but was of course told it was closed, so I could only buy one for the Jack Walker Stand. I said I don't like it in there, so thanks anyway.

No resistance or any attempt to persuade me to buy one though.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, M_B said:

If the JW appeared anywhere near being sold out you might just have a a point, but it'll be half full at best. 

website still working on the app there looks like there are plenty of seats left you just cant buy them when you go to pay it cant connect I had to phone and it took 3 attempts as it said incorrect option selected got through on third attempt quite a wait it was like trying to get through to a doctors.

25 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

What is our record low attendance for a first team game by the way?

Guessing it's one of those EFL trophy games from the 17-18 season, but this will surely be close.

This will take some beating. 2025 v Bury 3 Oct 2017, lost 0-1

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/match/2017-2018/efl-trophy/blackburn-rovers/bury/16358

I found this too, courtesy @cletus posted on here way back in the day

Screenshot_20230927-210715.png

Screenshot_20230927-210732.png

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, sharpysharps86 said:
7 hours ago, sharpysharps86 said:

I had a similar scenario with the home shirt. In the end I emailed them and then within a couple of hours it had been dispatched.

For a split second, I worried that Waggott had infiltrated us, reporting on a success.

Then I saw it was from "one of our own".

1 hour ago, lraC said:

I just called and got through first time and was answered within seconds

I asked for a ticket for the Blackburn end, but was of course told it was closed, so I could only buy one for the Jack Walker Stand. I said I don't like it in there, so thanks anyway.

No resistance or any attempt to persuade me to buy one though.

Typical!!

They didn't even offer you a Riverside one?? It's like they want the game played behind closed doors!

26 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/match/2017-2018/efl-trophy/blackburn-rovers/bury/16358

I was on the Wimbledon game in 85, was a shocking night, torrential rain  + we were 5-0 down from the 1st leg if my memory is correct, think we won 2-1 🤔

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I was there for most of those fixtures in the 70’s and 80’s and it is one of the big reasons, that I get so upset with the like of Waggott now.

The supporters back then, so some very lean times and some very poor football, but stuck with the club, as we knew, everyone was pulling in the same direction.

In some ways, as I pointed out yesterday, some of those fans, ensured that the club survived these times and as history now show us, went on to celebrate huge success.

Todays incumbents, are not fit to lace their shoes. 

• Like 7

Just now, Clive 62 said:

I was on the Wimbledon game in 85, was a shocking night, torrential rain  + we were 5-0 down from the 1st leg if my memory is correct, think we won 2-1 🤔

I went to the first leg at Plough Lane. I was walking to the match and was fretting that I wouldn’t make kick off, when the Rovers team coach passed me. Think they had to change on bus, I got shoved in the home end and the was walked around to join the Rovers fans and we then got hammered, I think it was 5 0 or 5 1. Those were the days 😊

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

According to Wikipedia, the group game against Stoke Under 21s in the same competition that year had an attendance of 1501.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Tonight’s match sponsor is… Mike Graham, formerly Preston Blue of this parish and the new interim Trust chairman, I believe.

A passionate Rovers fan, obviously, but match sponsor? Is this how much we are struggling to get local companies on board?

I dread to think how many businesses have given up on the club since these owners arrived.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Tonight’s match sponsor is… Mike Graham, formerly Preston Blue of this parish and the new interim Trust chairman, I believe.

A passionate Rovers fan, obviously, but match sponsor? Is this how much we are struggling to get local companies on board?

Met him at an away game about 5 years ago and he was very critical about Venkys. 

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Great work AllRoverAsia!

So back when we were Champions of England I was in conversation with with either a dingle or manu fan who asked "where were you when you were shit?" In reply I told him I was at Ewood in mid 1970's when we had about 3,000 on.

• Like 2