BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 27/9/23 Carabao Cup

21 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

We will always have a club don’t worry about that! However, it may not be a Premier or Championship one unfortunately. 

If you are happy with that and choose to accept that sometimes greed and personal gain, can be responsible for a clubs demise than fair play to you.

I like to stand up and fight people who do this to the club, I love though.

Hers is a story on why in my opinion, we should fight for what is right. Support for my club, is not simply turning up to the games.

Ajax sack director who sanctioned West Ham deals which have left giants in utter chaos (msn.com)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

I don’t wish to get into the slagging off of Steve Waggott or anyone else involved in running the club as I’m not close enough to understand the issues. 

However, if a financial decision has been taken not to open the BBE how should that put off those who want to watch the game from attending? I usually sit in the Riverside and if I wanted to attend (which I won’t be) I would be more than happy to buy a ticket in the JW. 

Because it our end they are closing. 

2 hours ago, lraC said:

It is very difficult at this stage to come to any other conclusion than Swag himself benefits from reducing what the owners put into the club.

Until I am convinced otherwise my theory is a % is paid to him, based on the overall saving.

There is no logical explanation to do this, if the saving is indeed around £2k as such a paltry figure, surely makes no difference to the finances of the club.

I am sure we could crowd fund that if we had to, but I can't believe it has come to this.

Totally agree. I think the owners were persuaded to employ Waggott on the basis he would pay for himself by cutting their input. I strongly suspect he is paid or bonuses are paid on what he saves.

He'll stop at nothing and has no shame in doing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

So why is the Riverside closed for all Cup games? Why has no one kicked up a fuss about that? 

I’m sure some would rather see it closed  altogether without a thought for those who like to sit there, because it’s not in keeping with the rest of the ground.

Well, guess what, there must have been financial reasons for not redeveloping that part of the ground. 

How do you know that supporters who are Riversiders haven't gone because their stand is shut? Just because there are no posts on here about it doesn't mean that it hasn't happened. 

Your second and third have no relevance to the discussion.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

How do you know that supporters who are Riversiders haven't gone because their stand is shut? Just because there are no posts on here about it doesn't mean that it hasn't happened. 

Your second and third have no relevance to the discussion.

Well my 2 daughters are season ticket holders in the riverside one cannot attend match the younger one has bought a ticket in JW she not bothered where she sits as long as she can show her support to her team 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mum63 said:

Well my 2 daughters are season ticket holders in the riverside one cannot attend match the younger one has bought a ticket in JW she not bothered where she sits as long as she can show her support to her team 

Some will, some won't. The wider point being made is that in the current climate Rovers cannot afford to lose any supporters but Swag seems intent on doing just that.

• Like 2

Difference being by the time the Riverside was being closed for early round cup ties there were only 200 or so left in there for such games, so understandable and had little in the way of pushback from supporters. Fans get it.

However two *thousand* in a tier for an early cup tie being seen as unviable is a totally different issue and points to a club in big trouble…

• Like 3

I'd turn the big screen off. There's only 4000 or 5000 fans going. We don't actually need the big screen. Somebody has to be paid to update the content and it takes up electricity. It's not essential. I'd not bother with it tomorrow night.

Also I'd not bother with corporate hospitality. They won't be full. If those people just sit in the Jack Walker and buy a burger and a white wine from the concourse think how much we can save on staff in the corporate boxes for this game. I mean, surely they aren't bothered where they sit as long as they can watch the match so there is huge savings to be made there.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, Mum63 said:

Good for her.

I sincerely hope that our CEO does not increase their season tickets to a level whereby, they simply cannot afford to go anymore.

Their support for their team is admirable and I genuinely applaud it, however, make no mistake about it, if they need that loyalty to be repaid at some point, the likes of Waggott will not provide it.

Hope your daughter enjoys the match.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I'd turn the big screen off. There's only 4000 or 5000 fans going. We don't actually need the big screen. Somebody has to be paid to update the content and it takes up electricity. It's not essential. I'd not bother with it tomorrow night.

Also I'd not bother with corporate hospitality. They won't be full. If those people just sit in the Jack Walker and buy a burger and a white wine from the concourse think how much we can save on staff in the corporate boxes for this game. I mean, surely they aren't bothered where they sit as long as they can watch the match so there is huge savings to be made there.

Why don't we forfeit that match, then we don't run the risk of another home tie and have to pay to open the stadium. After all is said and done, we have forfeited league cup games against Cardiff in the past remember!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

So why is the Riverside closed for all Cup games? Why has no one kicked up a fuss about that? 

I’m sure some would rather see it closed  altogether without a thought for those who like to sit there, because it’s not in keeping with the rest of the ground.

Well, guess what, there must have been financial reasons for not redeveloping that part of the ground. 

On a matchday with 12,500 thousand home fans on there are probably 1500 in the entire Riverside so hardly the same impact.

It's been shut for years for these games even at times before this lot rocked up, other clubs do similar.

Never has the BBE been closed.

As usual though the docile Ewood support just shrugs its shoulders and says well either go or don't.  The exact attitude of the club so it's not hard to see why we end up where we do on these matters.

28 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Far bigger savings would be made shutting the JW !

The less than half full theory for the BBE doesn't stack up either seeing as for the last cup game there would be about 4.5k in the 11 thousand capacity Jack Walker stand.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Far bigger savings would be made shutting the JW !

The less than half full theory for the BBE doesn't stack up either seeing as for the last cup game there would be about 4.5k in the 11 thousand capacity Jack Walker stand.

But Waggot would have to move.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Difference being by the time the Riverside was being closed for early round cup ties there were only 200 or so left in there for such games, so understandable and had little in the way of pushback from supporters. Fans get it.

However two *thousand* in a tier for an early cup tie being seen as unviable is a totally different issue and points to a club in big trouble…

The club is in big trouble. Venkys clearly aren’t going to fund it at the level they have been doing. Our peer clubs at this level have much bigger revenue streams so will be able to attract better players. Slippery slope unless we can keep finding players to sell on for decent fees. 

On 24/09/2023 at 19:53, arbitro said:

Can I respectfully suggest that anybody who isn't going due to Waggott's stupid decision at the very least let him know. He will use a low crowd as justification for his decision and, as usual disregard important truths. It will only take a few moments to email him on Sw4gg0tt@rovers.co.uk

If you are contacting him please be respectful.

Pity we don't have our owners' email addresses for the "cc"!😉

• Like 1