BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 27/9/23 Carabao Cup

14 hours ago, JamieUK said:

The website's not working because there are no records telling the domain where to route traffic (the A record and MX records are missing). If it was a problem with the DNS provider (the company that controls those records) they could simply update the nameservers on the domain to somebody else and reinstate them. It does take a while to propagate but no longer than an hour or two.

It's straightforward to remove then re-add records. You'd think 'surely not' but it is an easy way to stop/slow down sales to fit the narrative of closing the Blackburn End whilst blaming technical issues.

I expect there'll be people here who have more insight but that's my take.

Th IP address is currently not available. As you mention, a DNS fault would be a 10 minute job to fix. 

The servers will be maintained by a third party and even a catastrophic server failure would be fixed easily enough in an hour or so.

In my experience there are 2 reasons for a high profile website/server to be unavailable for so long -

1) Hacking

2)  Service provider not been paid

• Like 2

A club desperate for cash and closing more stands to save loose change would be going out of its way to shift tickets and resolving any obstacle to that asap.

That place is run by idiots who'd be fired from league 2 jobs dealing with a club a third the size.

• Like 5

The ticket system will feed into the website rather than the other way around - they're able to sell tickets over the phone and in person but with the online channel down it will put more pressure on the ticket office.

The next amateur-hour move has been made - emails have gone out with pre-match info but full of broken images because they're linking to the rovers.co.uk hosting 😕

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

I ordered the away shirt on the 17th of September, it was in stock and not a pre order, does anyone know how long they take to deliver? I've had no communication from rovers, and they also bizzarley put my email in wrong lol

Anyways Telalovic hatrick tonight easy peasy 

I had a problem with an order recently for my nephews birthday. Wasn’t sent out. So called the club shop and spoke with Tina. She had been off, they missed the order. She refunded the postage back and offered Autographs for my nephew. When I enquired about autographs (a week later) which they had offered as a goodwill gesture, I was told the club don’t offer them anymore, so he won’t be getting them.

A small gesture would have gone a long way with my nephew. It seems Rovers don’t give a shite about the fans anymore. They are doing ‘things’, just to upset the fans. They don’t care.

so, my question is… work out how important is fans are to them.  

• Like 3

I think a few judicious posts on Trip Advisor or similar would not go amiss at this stage. That is a shocking tale, MopTop, yet I would wager nobody is really that surprised.

We will honour the Legacy of Jack Walker....

YOU WHAT? YOU WHAT? YOU WHAT YOU WHAT YOU WHAT???

You can't even honour the promises your staff make to customers who they have shafted.

54 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

The ticket system will feed into the website rather than the other way around - they're able to sell tickets over the phone and in person but with the online channel down it will put more pressure on the ticket office.

The next amateur-hour move has been made - emails have gone out with pre-match info but full of broken images because they're linking to the rovers.co.uk hosting 😕

Would they be able to print tickets? I honestly don't know. 

56 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

I had a problem with an order recently for my nephews birthday. Wasn’t sent out. So called the club shop and spoke with Tina. She had been off, they missed the order. She refunded the postage back and offered Autographs for my nephew. When I enquired about autographs (a week later) which they had offered as a goodwill gesture, I was told the club don’t offer them anymore, so he won’t be getting them.

A small gesture would have gone a long way with my nephew. It seems Rovers don’t give a shite about the fans anymore. They are doing ‘things’, just to upset the fans. They don’t care.

We are a "not know your arse from your elbow" dysfunctional club and it's only going to get worse.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

1 hour ago, Moptop1 said:

That's absolutely disgusting. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

Th IP address is currently not available. As you mention, a DNS fault would be a 10 minute job to fix. 

The servers will be maintained by a third party and even a catastrophic server failure would be fixed easily enough in an hour or so.

In my experience there are 2 reasons for a high profile website/server to be unavailable for so long -

1) Hacking

2)  Service provider not been paid

I think the website is from EFL Digital. It looks like the same CMS and template as other EFL clubs. Their websites are all online, so I'd say we haven't paid the bill.

https://www.roverstore.co.uk is a separate e-commerce system on a different server, so that's still online.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

The article today in LT stated the below..

"Average league attendance rose from 13,501 to 14,816 and the club says that improving revenue streams is a core part of their vision moving forward."

So what's your point?

14 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

The article today in LT stated the below..

"Average league attendance rose from 13,501 to 14,816 and the club says that improving revenue streams is a core part of their vision moving forward."

I am pretty sure that rise is due to us being top six all last season. If we fall down the table attendances will fall. I don't think our marketing strategy will have changed attendences much either way.

• Like 3

I wonder what will happen for the subscribers to Rovers TV if the website is till not working tonight. The live match was not due to be shown, but commentary was, as assuming they haven't paid the bill, that a breach of contract I would think and maybe a refund is in order.

Hope they have paid the Leccy bill, as the floodlights will be needed.

It isn't going to be pretty tonight, with Storm Agnes raging around a three quarters empty stadium. Let's hope there is no emergency requiring rapid evacuation of the Jack Walker stand during the game.

3 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

It's been noted that the website is down but I've tried getting through twice over the phone and it tells me I have selected an incorrect option. 

Clubs a joke. 

Its like they are actively trying to reduce the gate at this stage.

If the JW appeared anywhere near being sold out you might just have a a point, but it'll be half full at best.