BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - 24/10/2023

37 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

That's an excellent result. Not many teams will win there.

We looked miles better than them. They chuck everything at you but don't have a lot of quality.

Tronstad and Hill have made a huge difference to this side.

4 visiting teams have won there already this season lol. 

• Like 1

Great win that although it’s not the fortress of years gone by and we have a great record against them. If you had to pick an away game for us it’s probably the one you’d pick 🙂

But even on the back of that, turning our season around after a bad run has been impressive. We’ve got a half decent home fixture this weekend and a chance to build some confidence before some tricky games get put in the mix.

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Rallied the troops 💪

Silly season lasts awhile with new signings. Great to get 3 wins on the bounce and ditch the suicide football. Still there at times and tests my nerves but it's certainly calmed alot thanks fcuk. Take these gritty 1 goal wins all day long.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Proper away win that.

Terrible mistake from Leo for the goal, however thought he recovered really well and look assured from there on out. He’s streets ahead of Pears, who would have crumbled. 

MOTM for me was Dolan, thought he was unreal all night and consistently caused problems. Carter a very close second.

Special mention to Britain who produced the real moment of quality in the game. 

Good call.  Dolan played extremely well. Two games in a row now!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought he got caught on his line. He was nearly saving it over the goal line. I’d want my keeper to be more decisive there. When I played any ball in the air in the 6 yard box was the keepers responsibility.

Totally agree. The biggest mistake was not coming for the ball with the 2 previous opportunities. Having said that. For the actual header, he should've used his feet. Christ, he could've trapped it!

I'll still cut him some slack as all keepers make mistakes & it didn't seem to affect him which is the main thing.

• Like 1

On 23/10/2023 at 07:38, jim mk2 said:

Is anyone else venturing into deepest, dark sarf London? I’ve been a few times and it’s never a comfortable place to visit but we have a reasonable record down there and I’m hoping that continues despite my poor form in away matches

i was talking to an Irish Newcastle fan the other day and he has a 100 per cent failure rate in away matches - he’s never seen them win once. I’m not quite that bad but a rare win would be welcome. Here’s hoping.

Millwall 1 Rovers 2 

Blimey I didn’t really expect to get it right

• Like 8

It was a brilliant win," Tomasson said. "We knew it would be extremely difficult to come to London, to come to Millwall.

"To go home with three points, I am extremely delighted, especially when you concede after two minutes, 90 seconds, whatever it was. The boys showed resilience, they stayed in the game.

"It was probably not our best game on the ball but football is about a lot of different things. Working hard, showing spirit and togetherness and resilience

4 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Totally agree. The biggest mistake was not coming for the ball with the 2 previous opportunities. Having said that. For the actual header, he should've used his feet. Christ, he could've trapped it!

I'll still cut him some slack as all keepers make mistakes & it didn't seem to affect him which is the main thing.

Like you say he should have been out earlier trying to deal with the ball in the air. Once you’re trying to defend an header from 3 yards out you’re on a loser.

• Like 1