BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - 24/10/2023

9 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

Christ almighty...wouldn't pay some of these Reporters with Brass Washers!.

Well done Rovers,never an easy place to get a win.Heading in the right direction.

Seems to have been updated…

‘Rovers had lost nine of their 11 midweek away Championship matches, stretching back to September 2021, before tonight, last winning at Blackpool in August 2022.’ 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

Christ almighty...wouldn't pay some of these Reporters with Brass Washers!.

Well done Rovers,never an easy place to get a win.Heading in the right direction.

Does anyone proof read at the LT anymore?

• Like 3

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Sorry, what does this mean - "share a beer"?

There are only two possibilities.

1. This is a punishment.

2. Swag has cut the beer budget in half.

Managed to get a sneaky mention of the bus in there again though 😎

• Like 8

A worry in terms of being able to push on properly now has been mentioned but look how thin the squad is. I look at todays bench and also at the weekend, Atcheson was never coming on, same with Gamble at the weekend, Garrett has fallen out of favour with better options in that area, Telalovic seems to be just making up the numbers and Tomasson seems unwilling/unable to use Ennis for very long. Markanday is a reluctant choice too having not proven his quality at this level.

Weve got a good core group of important players and there are certainly some good ones amongst them but nowhere near enough. Carter is a yellow away from a suspension, Hyam and Moran went off injured and thats assuming Sigurdsson is fine. Gallagher and Hedges dont seem close to a return either.

I think a more experienced side would have managed the game much better than we did, we missed 2 key chances but otherwise struggled to keep the ball. Lots of tired bodies on show too that will repeatedly be needed due to the small squad. But what was on show was real grit and determination and although much of it was last ditch, some of the defending was very good, the 2 centre backs in the second half were outstanding.

Weve got an important game on Saturday followed by an away game at Chelsea, the issue there is that they could hammer us if we make loads of changes and play the likes of Garrett, Telalovic etc in that game but equally we cant keep flogging some of the players that put so much in game after game.

• Like 1

A few thoughts from Cold Blow Lane.

It was a poor game overall, low quality apart from Brittain’s brilliant goal. Not sure we deserved it to be honest, Millwall should have scored when they pressed us back in the second half

Rovers are a strange team, a reasonably solid defence and one or two decent midfielders but desperately weak in attack. Relying on midfield players and defenders to score goals over the course of a long hard season isn’t sustainable

Of the players I thought Hill and  Carter were excellent throughout and Dolan (surprisingly), Tronstad, and Szmodics had good games. Sigursson (sp?) was bloody awful   - does he always play left wing? - and in my playing days I’d hate to have that goalkeeper behind me. Does he have to punch every ball?

All in all the win was welcome but walking away from the ground the overriding feeling was one of frustration because we’re clearly not that good and don’t have the quality or numbers to make a promotion push. The better teams will slaughter us - Leicester already have

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

A worry in terms of being able to push on properly now has been mentioned but look how thin the squad is. I look at todays bench and also at the weekend, Atcheson was never coming on, same with Gamble at the weekend, Garrett has fallen out of favour with better options in that area, Telalovic seems to be just making up the numbers and Tomasson seems unwilling/unable to use Ennis for very long. Markanday is a reluctant choice too having not proven his quality at this level.

Weve got a good core group of important players and there are certainly some good ones amongst them but nowhere near enough. Carter is a yellow away from a suspension, Hyam and Moran went off injured and thats assuming Sigurdsson is fine. Gallagher and Hedges dont seem close to a return either.

I think a more experienced side would have managed the game much better than we did, we missed 2 key chances but otherwise struggled to keep the ball. Lots of tired bodies on show too that will repeatedly be needed due to the small squad. But what was on show was real grit and determination and although much of it was last ditch, some of the defending was very good, the 2 centre backs in the second half were outstanding.

Weve got an important game on Saturday followed by an away game at Chelsea, the issue there is that they could hammer us if we make loads of changes and play the likes of Garrett, Telalovic etc in that game but equally we cant keep flogging some of the players that put so much in game after game.

Only players I would be super concerned about losing are the keeper or any centrebacks as that's where we are really thin on the ground. Though I was quite pleased with how Scott Wharton did when he came on. 

Full back, midfield and forwards we have been playing with all sorts of players in different roles and combinations and kept quite good performance levels and not been that reliant on particular individuals. So I am not that sure we do have that thin a squad in those areas. Still got Ennis to get fully fit, Leonard and Gallagher back. Travis, Moran and Adam Wharton are all sitting on the bench atm.

Plenty of Championship squads in worse positions I think. 

5 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

He never made anywhere near this sort of error. Two times the ball ballooned up in the air and any competent keeper comes to get it. Then compounds it by letting it roll right through him. Genuinely the worst goalkeeping I’ve ever seen for Rovers.

Take it you've forgotten the Wigan Pathetic away fixture in which Pears was their MOM?