BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - 24/10/2023

8 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Bollocks. Gave the ball away a couple of times but defended really well. 

Steady on chief, just an opinion. Won some good free headers but struggled when contested with. Plus from us playing out from the back and controlling possession his tendency to give the ball away had us under pressure more rather than dictating play.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Again though, not as bad as that and he too has been guilty of some real beauts. Need both to cut them out end of story. Great result in the end.

Agree in some way but its hard when headers are so close to react....he will learn I hope....

• Like 1

Just now, LDRover said:

Steady on chief, just an opinion. Won some good free headers but struggled when contested with. Plus from us playing out from the back and controlling possession his tendency to give the ball away had us under pressure more rather than dictating play.

Yeah, maybe bollocks was harsh....but he's asked to play a certain way and gave the ball away no more than anyone else in that defence. He defended really well, which is his primary job. 

12 minutes ago, BigBar said:

That tonight was worse than any of Pears. Genuinely. Really was a howler of the highest order.

I thought he got caught on his line. He was nearly saving it over the goal line. I’d want my keeper to be more decisive there. When I played any ball in the air in the 6 yard box was the keepers responsibility.

• Like 2

Such variance in this league it shows you can go on a run of losses / run of wins which may or may not be deserved (see Forest 2 years ago, Boro and Coventry last year, and to a certain extent ourselves and more so Boro this season)

I’d argue we were actually playing better in some of those losses than the recent wins, but all that matters are the results!! And in fairness JDT is hampered by injuries, mainly in the striker department.

Another great opportunity at home next. Let’s have a comfortable winning margin for that one please. I think we’ll be above PNE after our game with them. 

Players:

Callum Brittain is the first name on the team sheet right now. He’s playing superb and chuffed for him with that goal!

Szmodics with great effort again, all the way down to the 90th minute with that challenge on the near side. Keen for Leonard to come back in and take that #9 pressure off him. 

Hill - I don’t think it’s a coincidence we’ve looked more reassuring defensively since he’s come in. Full of energy bursting forwards too - great loan signing 

Pleasing 3 points to take our minds of training ground sales for a night at least 

Edited by superniko

6 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Odd how the good is massively emphasised and the bad massively underplayed. He did ok, not worth using as an example to highlight people's criticism of him like it was some heroic performance. And I like Scott.

8 minutes ago, waynerovers said:

Go back and watch the Wigan game. Pears literally caught the ball then placed it in the goal. Tonights mistake was nothing on that.

Seen it loads of times. Both horrendous and Pears got caned. We should at least be consistent. I fear to think what the reaction on here would be if pears did that tonight.

10 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

"Ennis continues to look overweight"

very harsh mate. at this level, no matter how poor the owners are, the conditioning staff won't let a player get over weight, if he does he wouldnt be in the squad let alone come on for a game. they monitor this stuff really closely

You may well be right about that.

However he'd sat on his arse watching his team mates running their arses off, was thrown on for the last 5 minutes and couldn't be arsed to move his fat arse for the cause.

Zero Arte et Labore from him. He turned up out of condition on the first day and has missed the first 2/3 months of the season.

He's a feckin shambles!

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

I think it was a header close to him and he was struggling to get down quick enough and caught in two minds to maybe try and push it away until he saw hyam. was still a mistake tho he should have saved it

yeah, think he was going to boot it but then decided to save with his hands...and just didn't move them!