BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - 24/10/2023

Fantastic result last night especially after conceding so early with such a weak goal as well. Disappointing from Wahlstedt, but glad that it didn't seem to effect him as the game went on.

Early days but James Hill has been a revelation so far. What a pass that is to Brittain for the goal. Another solid performance from Tronstad as well by the sounds of it!

On to Swansea. Can we make it 4 in a row after losing 4? I wouldn't be at all surprised, just look at Boro....in the bottom three when we beat them at Ewood, now 7th! There's no reason we can't continue this good run on Saturday.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, damo100 said:

Take it you've forgotten the Wigan Pathetic away fixture in which Pears was their MOM?

As I said, worst individual piece of goalkeeping I've sever seen. I stand by it.

None of the individual errors in that game were a patch on last nights shambles (again - he had two opportunities to come off his line to claim it before we even get to the debacle of the attempted save itself). That said Leo's overall performance last night was clearly better than Pears v Wigan. He bounced back from the error relatively well.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Fantastic result last night especially after conceding so early with such a weak goal as well. Disappointing from Wahlstedt, but glad that it didn't seem to effect him as the game went on.

Early days but James Hill has been a revelation so far. What a pass that is to Brittain for the goal. Another solid performance from Tronstad as well by the sounds of it!

On to Swansea. Can we make it 4 in a row after losing 4? I wouldn't be at all surprised, just look at Boro....in the bottom three when we beat them at Ewood, now 7th! There's no reason we can't continue this good run on Saturday.

Good point. 

Have started a new thread.  Games coming thick and fast!

9 hours ago, 47er said:

Does anyone proof read at the LT anymore?

3 more in there today in the only article I read!" win" instead of" wind" and apparently we went home elated by our victory "heading back down" the M1! And one incident is described as "like Deja Vu"!

Embarrassing.

One things for sure... I hate to dig our own players out especially as he seems a nice lad.... Bit no way should travis be walking back into this team now!

And if we could get close to a mill for him and that money was spent on players we should bite there hand off (not that i actually believe much of the money would go into the transfer kitty) 

Like many others have said, good win last night and we really dug in. Millwall probably should have put away one or two of their chances, but then so we should have too.

One thing I noticed, and I was sat above the dugouts last night which gave me a great view of it, was JDT going ballistic at Adam Wharton when he was warming up to come on. This came at a time when we were really under pressure from Millwall so maybe the tension from that spilled over, but Wharton was doing the most half-arsed warm-up I've ever seen 😂 not the attitude you want to see from a player about to come into that scenario. Even I was close to shouting at him it was that infuriating, but being surrounded by agitated home fans I didn't quite fancy getting my head kicked in...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Their manager was saying the first goal was off side, I can’t see it myself. If City had have scored that goal we’d never have heard the last of it.

image.thumb.png.2f04b7c80d72b11829f07d34b1792343.png

It's close, but looks onside to me by probably the RB, if not the right CB.

The build up play was superb though, the 3 RBs working their magic

• Like 4

Millwall away last season was a big match but last night was a BIG RESULT.

Has that feeling of a game that makes a season.

Not only came back to win but I doubt Millwall will put in many better performances than that second half- two ten minute spells of relentless in our half pressure yet we held out resolutely and apart from a couple of near misses, we managed their goal threat superbly.

Wahlstedt managed to get his knee where his elbow should have been for their goal but he was still confident and in control for the remaining 88 minutes.

So good to see Scott Wharton back to the form we know he is capable of. Adam Wharton actually strengthened us defensively in midfield when he came on. We now have a fantastic central midfield quartet to select from even without Buckley. JDT having the sort of selection choices we all want him to have.  

Shame Sigurdsson is only half the player he was before the international break but otherwise all the players were magnificent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

As I said, worst individual piece of goalkeeping I've sever seen. I stand by it.

None of the individual errors in that game were a patch on last nights shambles (again - he had two opportunities to come off his line to claim it before we even get to the debacle of the attempted save itself). That said Leo's overall performance last night was clearly better than Pears v Wigan. He bounced back from the error relatively well.

Everyone is welcome to their opinion. But I've seen dozens of worse pieces of goalkeeping, a few at Rovers, and Pears' ludicrous own goal against Wigan is definitely one of them.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

"Ennis continues to look overweight"

very harsh mate. at this level, no matter how poor the owners are, the conditioning staff won't let a player get over weight, if he does he wouldnt be in the squad let alone come on for a game. they monitor this stuff really closely

So my eyes deceive me?

It's fair to say that until last night Brittain has hardly used his left foot in a Rovers shirt. Watching it live I was surprised when he switched from his right foot to his left foot and probably more surprised when he pulled the trigger.

The rest, as they say is history.

• Like 3

An excellent result overall, and brilliant resilience from the lads, during those life-shortening 20 minutes. What a goal from Brittain too. 

The one negative for me was the goalkeeping error… again. I’ve come to the conclusion again that- whilst Pears and Leo are between the sticks during the match, and thus have to take of the blame- we need a new goalkeeping coach. 

The amount of times that both keepers punch the ball, putting us under unnecessary pressure, is unacceptable, when it could quite easily be caught. If it’s caught, the attack’s killed off. If it’s punched, we’re immediately back under pressure. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: we need a new keeping coach. 

Moan over- our season’s back on track. Up the blues! 

21 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

An excellent result overall, and brilliant resilience from the lads, during those life-shortening 20 minutes. What a goal from Brittain too. 

The one negative for me was the goalkeeping error… again. I’ve come to the conclusion again that- whilst Pears and Leo are between the sticks during the match, and thus have to take of the blame- we need a new goalkeeping coach. 

The amount of times that both keepers punch the ball, putting us under unnecessary pressure, is unacceptable, when it could quite easily be caught. If it’s caught, the attack’s killed off. If it’s punched, we’re immediately back under pressure. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: we need a new keeping coach. 

Moan over- our season’s back on track. Up the blues! 

You're assuming Leo is being told to punch. Szmodics absolutely bollocked him when he punched one in the 2nd half and held his hands out as if to say 'catch it'. 

• Like 1