BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/11/23

I don’t know what I’m more fuming about, the late and very obvious sucker punch (it’s never the other way round with Rovers is it), them beating us YET again or our continued appalling set pieces.

Are we ‘creating value’ by passing them short every single time too? They do not, and will not ever work. Sort it out, JDT, it’s embarrassingly poor.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

We deserved better but never seem to get it against this lot. Best team in 2nd half no doubt. Some superb approach play as usual but nobody on the end of them.

We are often in a good position to put a cross over but don't knowing we have no height up there.

Just now, ItsRoverZ said:

Unreal we lost that, I don't want to see Adam wharton start for us again, lads a fucking pisstake, so unitrested, half assed passing around losing the ball, utter shite player who's cost us ALOT of points this season 

Haha. I know emotions are raw, but this will age like milk.

• Like 7

Adam Wharton's attitude stinks he's a decent player with plenty of potential but no way near as good as he thinks he is. The winning goal all starts from his casual pass and then to compound it he doesn't attempt to get out to Whiteman and stop the cross coming into the box.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

Their goal was well worked, but apart from that, hit and hope / time wasting from mid way in the first half.

We've lost tonight, but I'm glad I'll be watching a season of us playing football than the shite they have to watch.

Huge game for them and they'll enjoy the win, but it's just another one for us and we'll move onto the next (after the break).

• Like 2

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I don’t know what I’m more fuming about, the late and very obvious sucker punch (it’s never the other way round with Rovers is it) or our continued appalling set pieces. Are we ‘creating value’ by passing them short every single time too? They do not, and will not ever work. Sort it out, JDT, it’s embarrassingly poor.

Short corners are a valuable option, but only when you have a clear plan for them and you use them sparingly. Element of surprise is a useful thing.

They are pretty useless if everyone knows you’re gonna do it, every time.

We only have two significant aerial threats on the pitch at any given time, so we need to come up with routines that factor that in. Flick-ons, basically. Two big lads going hell for leather at the front post and composed finishers working to the back post.