BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/11/23

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

You were saying?

You've much to learn

We battered them and should have been out of sight by HT.

You'd suggested we had much to fear; we absolutely did not.

They won, but even the blindest of blind men could see that we were far superior tonight.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, den said:

Thought PNE got lucky there. We did enough to win that fairly comfortably

Except score more goals than them.

Typical Rovers, shit defending, fucking about with the ball instead of getting it in the box.

Preston score from a cross and header and win the game. We get the ball in the same position and fuck about with it until we lose it.

Dog shit referee again. Numerous clear fouls not given our way then fouls given the other way for absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Haha. I know emotions are raw, but this will age like milk.

He's cost us so many points and goals against us already?! He's utter dog shit?? What because he can sometimes ping a fucking ball 30 yards He's some kind of messiah? The lad is poor, half assed and never looks interested.

Go back and look at the games He's started and how many goals he cost us by giving the ball away all the time, it's unreal.. 

Blackburn lad but can't bust a gut against Preston? Give over

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Adam Wharton's attitude stinks he's a decent player with plenty of potential but no way near as good as he thinks he is. The winning goal all starts from his casual pass and then to compound it he doesn't attempt to get out to Whiteman and stop the cross coming into the box.

Yep, he gave away possession under no pressure. So frustrating and easily avoided. Kids stuff because he’s a kid.

1 minute ago, Andy said:

They won, but even the blindest of blind men could see that we were far superior tonight.

We had a good 20 minute spell in each half - and that's it

We had much to fear because we had a makeshift defence that was always going to be vulnerable. And we lost to them again. 

Take the blue and white specs off, Preston were pragmatic and knew how to win

• Like 2

We simply ran out of players in the end, we had to make changes due to fatigue and simply had nobody to bring on to solidify us. From the corner until the goal we had no shape whatsoever which is poor, but other than that I think we have had a right kick in the nuts there. 

5 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Injuries and lack of depth have fucking killed us tonight.

100%

Travis is not a RB. Moran showed some class but was dominated by Potts. Wharton needs dropped for a while but who replaces him? Three players that are not good enough at the minute for a team that wants to be in the top 6. 

On the positive side I thought Dolan was very impressive, full of energy and drive. Szmodics is a very good player. Brittain was one of our top performers too. Tronstad also impressed me at the start but I didn’t see much from him as the game went on. We hit the bar twice and I thought the final ball in for their goal was offside.

So we aren’t far away but as you said it is our lack of squad depth that is holding us back, we are missing that extra 10% that would push us to the next level. It’s a bit worrying that we’re suffering from lack of bodies at this stage of the season though, we’re going to really struggle in the new year as more players get tired and injured.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

Unfortunately like so many games this season. There must be an underlying factor (disclaimer it’s because we’re soft as shite and have no leaders playing behind Szmodics)

1 minute ago, ItsRoverZ said:

He's cost us so many points and goals against us already?! He's utter dog shit?? What because he can sometimes ping a fucking ball 30 yards He's some kind of messiah? The lad is poor, half assed and never looks interested.

Go back and look at the games He's started and how many goals he cost us by giving the ball away all the time, it's unreal.. 

Blackburn lad but can't bust a gut against Preston? Give over

He’s going to be playing Premier League football in the next couple of seasons and we’ll very likely be in the Championship.

He receives the ball very well, can get out of incredibly tight spots and picks passes most players on any pitch he’s on wouldn’t see. He’s encouraged to do so and all of the above increases the risk of a mistake. I think he’s been unfortunate, the mistakes have had real consequence but “giving the ball away all the time” isn’t accurate, for me.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Why the hell take Dolan off,was he injured?

Christ,what is wrong with us in Derby games,we appear to fold at will,so damn frustrating with the possession we had.

**HUGE SIGH**

Derby games are battles and made for teams with warriors. We don't have many of those so we often get bullied and end up losing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DanielMB said:

Our lack of quality depth is killing us. Only using 2 subs because there is noone to help change the game on the bench.  Preson could affect the game from the bench. Our subs did nothing.

When Markanday came on I said he wasn’t the player for this game and he proved it. But realistically, who on our bench was?

The delivery into the box from them could have been avoided by Markanday taking one for the team but he just allowed it to happen. Had it been the other way round one of theirs would have been in the back of them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

JDT shows once again, he is not the man for a big Derby match.

Wrong tactics, wrong subs.

As for A Wharton, i'd drop him to the reserves and send him out on loan in January.

With all due respects that's a daft post. He's one of the most naturally talented players I've seen in a Rovers shirt for years. 

• Like 2

We played some very good stuff again but terrible decisions in the last third is costing us points....we had plenty of chances from Siggy, Moran, Szmodics and Brittain to bury it and this comes to hunts us. We are the team that concedes most in the last 15 mins..... and I think that is due to us having a thin squad. Preston rode their luck tonight could had gone either way.

1 minute ago, booth said:

Yep, he gave away possession under no pressure. So frustrating and easily avoided. Kids stuff because he’s a kid.

It's not about his age it's about attitude and his is arrogant and that is why such a simple pass was so sloppily given away.

Also there is no excuse for lack of effort which is what he showed by failing to get out to Whiteman.