BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/11/23

28 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'd be tempted to go for 3 real midfielders in this game.

Leo

Brittain Hill Wharton Pickering

Travis Tronstad Wharton

Szmodics Dolan Moran

Yeah pretty sure that will be the team given the injuries. Wonder if Szmodics and Moran will be other way round as Szmodics prefers the left channel.  And actually probably Moran will play more in midfield. 

The way we play atm it's more likely to be 

Leo

Travis   Tronstad Wharton Moran

Dolan Szmodics

Only other setup I think could happen is Leonard comes in up top, dolan plays right, Szmodics left and Moran goes into midfield instead of Travis. Given JDT's liking for ultra attacking setups think that could happen. 

Leo

Brittain   Hill     Wharton   Pickering

Moran   Tronstad   Wharton

Dolan    Leonard   Szmodics

Edited by joey_big_nose

4 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

If you play 3 midfielders you'd have to move Sammie from the position he scores goals from. As nobody else scores goals in our team that would be mental!

No you don't, Sammie is one of the three forwards, and he plays in exactly the same position.

Edited by rigger

26 minutes ago, M_B said:

Given that we're so light on numbers, I don't think there's one team selection including Sigurdsson,who would have thought that before he was coming back from injury? 

His performance levels have been poor which will be much of it. That being said, with Brittain going back into defence, a space opens up further forward.

With Dolan performing well at the weekend more central, and with Leonard still being very raw, Ennis a waste of time, Telalovic miles away and Markanday not up to it. Surely there is a strong argument for Sigurdsson coming back in from out wide.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rigger said:

No you don't, Sammie is one of the three forwards, and he plays in exactly the same position.

I’m confused — are you suggesting we don’t have a player on one of the two wings? As it stands we play 4-2-3-1. If we play 4-3-3 we either have to play Sammie out of position as striker or false 9, or play him on a wing?

3 hours ago, M_B said:

Given that we're so light on numbers, I don't think there's one team selection including Sigurdsson,who would have thought that before he was coming back from injury? 

I’d play Siggy. 

Leo

Wharton Tronstad 

Dolan Szmodics Siggy 

Ennis

That would be my team. 

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m confused — are you suggesting we don’t have a player on one of the two wings? As it stands we play 4-2-3-1. If we play 4-3-3 we either have to play Sammie out of position as striker or false 9, or play him on a wing?

Where do you say Sammie is playing at the moment. None of our forwards are wingers, so why play them as such ? I would have, a back four, three central midfielders (Travis, Wharton, Tronstad), three central attackers (Dolan/Siggy, Sammie, Morton. If you find this confusing I am sorry. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1